Amazing $3 Kmart find that's identical to a $28 fan-favourite – don't miss out!

If there's one thing we here at the Seniors Discount Club love, it's discovering a fabulous product that’s both high-quality AND easy on the wallet. With the rising cost of living these days, every dollar saved counts, so we're always on the lookout for great deals and budget-friendly dupes of our favourite items.

So, if you’re someone who’s always ready to try budget-friendly skincare dupes of iconic brands, you’re in luck! One savvy shopper shared her ‘must-try’ recommendation that’s sure to give the results you’re after.

When it comes to skincare products, everyone wants to find the most affordable option of the same formula they can find because cosmetic products’ prices can add up quickly if you’re not careful with how you shop.

It’s a good thing, then, that one social media user, who goes by the name of ‘Claudiashops’ online, has shared an interesting dupe of a $28 lip product by Laneige.

According to the social media influencer, Kmart’s $3 Overnight Lip Mask is the perfect replacement for Laneige’s $28 Lip Sleeping Mask, which has built up quite a fan following.

lip1.jpg
Kmart’s lip mask is a very close alternative to Laneige’s lip mask. Credit: Kmart

Lip masks have surged in popularity recently because they provide your lips with ample hydration. These products are typically formulated with skin-softening ingredients, such as butter and oils, that are thicker than your standard lip balms.

If you suffer from having dry, chapped lips (which can be quite painful!), you might need to moisturise them overnight with a lip mask. Additionally, since the cold weather is starting to creep in, you might want to protect the skin and build up the moisture on your lips.

‘Great affordable dupe!’ Claudia wrote in her post.

‘I wouldn’t say exactly the same. You can’t beat the gummy bear scent, but a really good affordable option that is similar,’ she continued.

She also added that her lips ‘feel the same’ even after slathering on the product and confirmed it is a hydrating product.

‘So, this is the packaging, super cute. And can I just reiterate, $3? This glass jar adorable,’ she said in the video.

‘Eight out of 10. I love,’ she added.

According to Kmart’s product description, the Overnight Lip Mask contains 20ml of product, comes in a sturdy, travel-size pack, and it and features oil extracts to keep your lips moisturised and hydrated while you sleep. It also comes in four different flavours: Apple Extract, Watermelon Extract, Coconut Oil and Lavender Oil.

‘Treat your lips to a much-needed dose of moisture,’ it said on the website.

Many shoppers who have already bought the item said that Kmart’s product ‘smells amazing’ and that it doesn’t leave their lips feeling oily or sticky.

‘This is so hydrating and smells delicious,’ one wrote.

‘I love it. So soft and moisturising,’ another commented.

lip2.jpg
Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask is a cult favourite among famous bloggers and average consumers alike because of its hydrating properties. Credit: Laneige

Meanwhile, Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask is said to help repair cracked and blistered lips. The product description also said that it is ‘perfect’ for use on dry lips, especially during winter. It’s also hailed as a ‘must-have’ item for many because of its hydrating properties. However, it is somewhat pricey.

Claudia says that Laneige’s lip mask costs $28. As of writing, however, the price seems to have gone up to $31.

It also seemed that other shoppers were just as impressed with Claudia’s results, as the video gained 111,000 views and hundreds of comments from people wanting to get their hands on a lip mask of their own.

‘For $3, the lip masks are great,’ one wrote.

‘How can I ever find them? They’re always sold out,’ another replied.

‘I’m going to have to try this,’ someone else shared.

While another agreed and said that the product was their ‘favourite’.

You can watch Claudia’s review below:

Others, however, noted that the product gave them skin troubles after a couple of uses.

‘I got the apple one about a week ago. I was loving the glow! However, this morning I woke up with a huge whitehead on my lip,’ one social media user shared.

To which Claudia replied: ‘Something I’ll have to monitor!’
Key Takeaways
  • Shoppers are going wild over a $3 Kmart product that’s a dupe of a beloved $28 skincare item.
  • Social media influencer Claudiashops shared her Kmart find of the affordable Overnight Lip Mask (20ml), which she says is a great alternative to the more expensive Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask.
  • Her video showcasing the product received over 111,000 views, with many commenters raving about the bargain find and wanting to try it themselves.
  • The Kmart lip mask is available in a variety of scents, including watermelon extract, coconut oil, and lavender oil.
Do you think this is worth a try? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Normally the really cheap products have cheap and nasty ingredients in them.
To be honest I wouldn't trust beauty products from kmart.

We buy reasonably cheap products from priceline which are trusted brands.

My daughter buys a lip balm from priceline which has safe ingredients in it which works wonders and at a cost of only $4.99. This daughter looks at every ingredient in a beauty product and buys the one with the less harshest ingredients. She has said she wouldn't buy any beauty product from kmart

Normally the really cheap products have cheap and nasty ingredients in them.
To be honest I wouldn't trust beauty products from kmart.

We buy reasonably cheap products from priceline which are trusted brands.

My daughter buys a lip balm from priceline which has safe ingredients in it which works wonders and at a cost of only $4.99. This daughter looks at every ingredient in a beauty product and buys the one with the less harshest ingredients. She has said she wouldn't buy any beauty product from kmart
Did she say why?