ALDI shoppers beware: Woman finds blue plastic in burger

In a world where convenience often trumps all, the last thing you expect when you bite into a juicy burger is to find a foreign object between the bun and the patty.

Yet, this was the unfortunate discovery made by an ALDI customer, prompting a warning for all Australians to be vigilant about their supermarket purchases.

The incident occurred when a mother from New South Wales served her family ALDI Wagyu beef burger patties.

To her dismay, she found a small piece of blue plastic embedded in the meat of her six-year-old's burger.

1721357449798.png
ALDI shopper finds blue plastic in Wagyu beef burger from NSW store. Credit: Facebook

The concerned mum took to social media to alert others.

'A blue small piece of plastic was spotted in my six-year-old's burger. Please be careful,' she cautioned.

Upon contacting ALDI about the issue, the supermarket said it was an isolated incident.

They assured the public of their commitment to monitoring the product closely based on the customer's experience.

ALDI encouraged customers to submit feedback directly via their help centre, which allows them to investigate and address any concerns.

The mum's post sparked a conversation among shoppers, with many sharing their experiences.

Some remained loyal to the ALDI brand, stating that such incidents could happen anywhere and be attributed to a bad batch.

‘I love these burger patties! I will still continue to buy them. This can happen anywhere. It could have been a bad batch,’ one said.

‘Just let them know, they will refund and do what they need to do with internal processes and procedures,’

‘We got these for the first time tonight, and they were delicious,’ another shared.

While others recounted finding foreign objects in products from various supermarkets.

‘I got a punnet of strawberries from Woolies the other day, and I had the longest black hair in my mouth. It wasn't mine,’ a woman recounted.

‘I think it depends on the product, too. I stopped using Coles beef mince because I found very sharp bits of bone or cartilage in their 500gm packets and bits of plastic in their Drovers bulk mince brand. It was multiple times, in both lines,’ another chimed in.

In related news, an ALDI shopper reported finding what she believes are shotgun pellets in a piece of corned beef silverside bought from the supermarket.

The customer shared the incident on social media, detailing that she discovered the objects while tasting the meat and then arranged an abdominal scan to ensure no pellets had been ingested. For more details, click here.
Key Takeaways

• An ALDI shopper discovered a small piece of blue plastic embedded in a Wagyu beef burger patty bought from a New South Wales store.
  • The mother warned other shoppers of the potential hazard after noticing it in her six-year-old's burger.
  • ALDI Australia responded to the incident, asserting it was isolated and expressing their commitment to monitor the product closely based on the feedback.
  • Customers experiencing issues with products can return them to ALDI for a refund or replacement, with the supermarket encouraging direct feedback for investigation.
Have you ever found something unusual in your supermarket buys? How did you handle it? Join the conversation and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored