ALDI shopper scores massive deal with their unbelievable $46 grocery haul

In the world of shopping, everyone loves a good bargain.

One savvy shopper has recently demonstrated just how much value you can get for your money at the German discount supermarket chain ALDI.

The shopper, a weight-loss coach named Asha, managed to score an impressive haul of groceries for just $46, leaving fellow shoppers and social media users stunned.

Asha took to social media to share her shopping success, revealing the contents of her ALDI shopping bag.

SDC 2.png
An ALDI shopper shared her impressive $46 grocery haul. Image source: Shutterstock.

Among her purchases were a loaf of bread, two packs of capsicums, four packets of basmati rice, an avocado, three large rump steaks, and a packet of mango and ginger-flavoured chicken steaks.

'If you're not shopping at ALDI, I feel like you're just being ripped off,' Asha said in her post.

She pointed out that the rump steaks, which were 'just $6 each', would cost around $19 at competitors Coles or Woolworths.

'I got that all for $46—that is an absolute bargain.'

Indeed, a quick online check confirms that Coles sells an individual Beef Rump Steak for $6, while Woolworths sells a piece of Beef Rump Steak for $8.

Asha's post resonated with many social media users, with one commenter stating, 'Honestly, with today’s current cost of living, ALDI is a lifesaver!'

The value of Asha's grocery haul becomes even more apparent when compared to another shopper's experience at Woolworths.

This shopper also spent $46, but only on ingredients for a lasagne.

'I just spent $46 on lasagne ingredients,' the woman said on social media.

'I should just eat Macca's every day,' she added, implying that eating at fast-food chains is a cheaper option for cash-strapped Aussies.

Grocery prices have been a significant concern for Australians recently, with the average household now spending $199 on groceries each week compared to $184 per week in June last year.

To combat rising prices, many Aussies (62 per cent) are resorting to planning cheaper meals, looking harder for discounts (55 per cent), or switching to generic brands (42 per cent).

Some have even ditched buying some essentials altogether.
Key Takeaways
  • An ALDI shopper was stunned by the amount of groceries she could purchase for under $50, highlighting the value compared to Coles and Woolworths.
  • The shopper showcased her haul on social media, which included a variety of items such as bread, capsicums, basmati rice, avocados, rump steaks, and mango and ginger-flavoured chicken steaks.
  • Comments on social media reflect a perception that ALDI is a 'lifesaver' amidst the current cost of living crisis, with some suggesting the supermarket helps them save significantly on groceries.
  • The shopper’s positive shopping experience at ALDI was in contrast to a Woolworths shopper’s experience who spent the same amount of money on just lasagne ingredients.
What are your thoughts on this story? Do you have other bargain-finding tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I shop weekly at Aldi, and their foods are awesome. I spend +- $80 a week for 2 people and that includes meat, milk, veggies, fruit, butter, cheese, coffee, tuna, ice cream, etc. I love Aldi. Sometimes I spend only $50 a week. I do buy our shampoos, conditioners, shower soap, cleaning products, laundry powder, etc. at the Reject shop, not every week, only when we need them.

Fine if you have one in the area.

They reckon the average shop is $199 per week up from $184.
What average household with more than 2 people would only spend that much?. I do about $150pw with 2 people and thats with careful shopping.

Also how do you not buy 'essentials' ?
If they are essential then they must be bought. Stupid comment in the article.

One savvy shopper has recently demonstrated just how much value you can get for your money at the German discount supermarket chain ALDI.

The shopper, a weight-loss coach named Asha, managed to score an impressive haul of groceries for just $46, leaving fellow shoppers and social media users stunned.

Asha took to social media to share her shopping success, revealing the contents of her ALDI shopping bag.

View attachment 40107
An ALDI shopper shared her impressive $46 grocery haul. Image source: Shutterstock.

Among her purchases were a loaf of bread, two packs of capsicums, four packets of basmati rice, an avocado, three large rump steaks, and a packet of mango and ginger-flavoured chicken steaks.

'If you're not shopping at ALDI, I feel like you're just being ripped off,' Asha said in her post.

She pointed out that the rump steaks, which were 'just $6 each', would cost around $19 at competitors Coles or Woolworths.

Indeed, a quick online check confirms that Coles sells an individual Beef Rump Steak for $6, while Woolworths sells a piece of Beef Rump Steak for $8.

Asha's post resonated with many social media users, with one commenter stating, 'Honestly, with today’s current cost of living, ALDI is a lifesaver!'

The value of Asha's grocery haul becomes even more apparent when compared to another shopper's experience at Woolworths.

'I should just eat Macca's every day,' she added, implying that eating at fast-food chains is a cheaper option for cash-strapped Aussies.

Grocery prices have been a significant concern for Australians recently, with the average household now spending $199 on groceries each week compared to $184 per week in June last year.

To combat rising prices, many Aussies (62 per cent) are resorting to planning cheaper meals, looking harder for discounts (55 per cent), or switching to generic brands (42 per cent).

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI shopper was stunned by the amount of groceries she could purchase for under $50, highlighting the value compared to Coles and Woolworths.
  • The shopper showcased her haul on social media, which included a variety of items such as bread, capsicums, basmati rice, avocados, rump steaks, and mango and ginger-flavoured chicken steaks.
  • Comments on social media reflect a perception that ALDI is a 'lifesaver' amidst the current cost of living crisis, with some suggesting the supermarket helps them save significantly on groceries.
  • The shopper’s positive shopping experience at ALDI was in contrast to a Woolworths shopper’s experience who spent the same amount of money on just lasagne ingredients.
What are your thoughts on this story? Do you have other bargain-finding tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Surf the catalogues some time's Coles and Woolworths will be cheaper than Aldi but I do most of my shopping at Aldi meat,veg, dairy etc usually cheaper than the other two bread and crumpets cheaper every day and cornflakes etc are just as good as Kelloggs which your are paying for the name ,and a lot are Australian products do your wallet,purse a favour and try Aldi you will save money 💰 👍😎

Never have I seen meat at Aldi anywhere that cheap, it's still sold by the weight, so 4 'rump' steaks along with the other items am guessing the steak would be shoe leather. Quality meat isn't something you find at a supermarket, that's what a butcher or specialty shop is what you should be supporting.

Yet in the same email we are talking $6.80 or so for a block of chocolate!!!!!!The rump is not big but individually cryovac for $6. It is there every week. Same with chicken breast which I buy. Wish they had hot chickens.

Aren’t you lucky you have a choice. Butcher shops are out of most leagues. Cole’s and Woolworths no better
Well yes, I do have a choice. Coles and Woolies meat is somewhat better. Not lucky to have a choice...everyone has a choice! I could become vegetarian quite easily as I don't choose to eat meat every day. I find pork a much more economical meat to buy.

View attachment 40107

Key Takeaways

We used to shop at ALDI, and can confirm that one can save a mighty amount. However, we who live in Hervey Bay or Maryborough now have 'Fresh and Save'. Their specials are unbeatable. They often have $2 weeks where many things are sold at this price. Recently we purchased 5kg of potatoes for $2. Even shelf prices are, at times, very much lower than Coles or Woolworths. EG> Cadbury OLD Gold chocolates 180grm. $2.98. I have seen these at $6 at other supermarkets (shelf prices). Also hot chickens standard price $9.99 - Coles and Woolies $12. For a Queensland owned company more people need to support them. They now have a number of branches in Brisbane as well.

Went to Aldi this morning and purchased many items, fruit, vegies, salad, chicken, ham, 2 milk, sour cream, dog food and dog treats, kidney beans, sardines and alcohol for $90. I think this is OK.

Went to Aldi this morning and purchased many items, fruit, vegies, salad, chicken, ham, 2 milk, sour cream, dog food and dog treats, kidney beans, sardines and alcohol for $90. I think this is OK.
We cant get alcohol in the stores in Queensland

I shop at Aldi first, but they don't cater for a lot of gluten/ dairy free, so I'm forced to go elsewhere for those...my bill at other supermarkets is always double for 1/2 the amount of products.

Reactions: Jo Piper3