ALDI shopper reminds others to always look for this detail before checkout

A shopper has taken it to Facebook to warn others to always check this detail before paying for an item.

Tommo Hul noticed something on his can of Power Force Anti Bac Plus surface spray.

Looking at the can’s underside, it appears that the item was already out of date. He claims to have bought this item just a few weeks ago.

EL7YSEYe0ffIWnMgAkX3OupiaOufGxRqNykWipINHMOG2hRkZDmyAvuTgCzu0JqRU3SH_UKUVda-TaT1cEbcM3x4dNZaotD9KfDg7x6xeyOcwRtBi1WQ0GqDLQTYZc_QHMF_-jgf=s0

The cleaning product had an expiry date of June 2020. Photo from Facebook.

“ALDI is shocking for this, has happened to us so many times,” he captioned the photo. “Always check the use-by date. Even on ya cleaning products. Bought a few weeks ago.”

The frustrated shopper tagged the supermarket’s Facebook page at the end of the post and encouraged others to make sure they look at the best-before dates before purchasing.

Many Facebook users heeded the warning while some were blown away to find out that cleaning products even had an expiry date.

“What the hell! I didn’t know cleaning products go out of date,” a user commented, with others adding that they “had no idea they even had a use-by date on them”.
Tommo then replied that they “don’t go bad”, they just “become ineffective”.

Homeowners should always keep track of the expiration dates, even on their cleaning buys, US cleaning expert Alex Reed confirmed.

“The efficacy of cleaning products can degrade over long durations, the exact timing of which will depend on the formulation,” Reed said in an interview.

“While most cleaners don’t have a ‘born-on date’ they will often have a batch or lot number. If you’re concerned with the age of the product, consult with the manufacturer and share that code to determine if it has expired.”

ALDI allows shoppers to return an item to the store for refund or replacement within 60 days of purchase.

Have you ever seen an out of date item on the shelves at a supermarket?

Reactions: BuggeritLiz
Sponsored
Really doesn't matter where you shop it pays to be vigilant... It has become impossible to find use by dates sometimes and regardless of them it pays to check the product inside if you are able. It was quite some time ago I picked up a large criovac sealed pack of bacon at Aldi ( sorry l shop there all the time and swear by the quality of your products) it's contents were green.. absolutely rotten and when l brought the fact to the nearest shop assistant, she couldn't have given two hoots... left it on the shelf and walked away. I was left standing there horrified !!! Buyer be ware!!!

I only keep receipts until I have matched it to my credit card statement, after that they are thrown away. A receipt is nearly always used as your proof of purchase, so that could be a problem when trying to return something. How long should one keep grocery shopping receipts?

Really doesn't matter where you shop it pays to be vigilant... It has become impossible to find use by dates sometimes and regardless of them it pays to check the product inside if you are able. It was quite some time ago I picked up a large criovac sealed pack of bacon at Aldi ( sorry l shop there all the time and swear by the quality of your products) it's contents were green.. absolutely rotten and when l brought the fact to the nearest shop assistant, she couldn't have given two hoots... left it on the shelf and walked away. I was left standing there horrified !!! Buyer be ware!!!
I recently bought a pack of chicken breasts from Aldi. Even before I opened them, two days before the expiry date, I could smell the reek from the still sealed packet. They were REALLY off!

Things have changed in the regulatory area since I worked in the Supermarket and associated Manufacturing areas. Use by or Best before wer only put on CONSUMABLE products... eg Food, Creams inc Sunscreen or body lotions ets... Where there is a possibility of entering the internals of the body. Items such as Aerosols never needed these codes instead carried a harmful to humans if breathed or swallowed... But I never check them, Some other products state expiry and most are soaps, Sanitisers now (The Alcohol must evaporate) Aldi like any other retailer can get a miss filled product and has causes say in cheese where gas is applied turn very blue.. but again very rare. Aldi do have a number of products and all supermarkets have issues with pre packed Meat and vegetables, and a special mention to Salad type packs... When they get to within two days of best before they mark them down... ok if you use them that day or the next.... yes I check Aldi all the time... Woolworths and Coles have very strong emphasis on rotation, but only s good as the Manufacturer and the Supply chain. Pallets of stock get behind a later code and there the issue starts. I think after 33years in the Industry and seeing Other Countries determine Australia is one of if not the BEST ! This also go's for some companies and those have a reputation of Fresher the better on and off the supermarket shelves. Happy shopping everyone ! do check its your food once you purchase it as a few days can make a difference. consumer Laws will tell you what is the rules for products.... For mine let them look after that !

I've been looking for a quick keto meal plan for a month, so I don't have to count calories by myself and don't have to come up with a suitable recipe out of a huge number of products.
This one is easy and quick - a ready-made plan for a month! Perfect menu, everyone will love it. And most importantly - you can download it for free right now: http://ketomybrain.com/