ALDI shopper exposes outrageous blunder on grocery item: ‘Don’t laugh about it’

In grocery shopping, we've all experienced the occasional sticker shock.

Prices seem to be climbing steadily, and for those keeping a keen eye on their budgets, every cent counts.

But imagine the surprise of one ALDI shopper when they stumbled upon a pricing error so outrageous that it could only be described as a typo of epic proportions!

The item in question? A packet of chicken thights that was originally marked at a jaw-dropping $310.18, before being 'discounted' to the still astronomical price of $248.09.

The shopper, understandably taken aback by the exorbitant price tag, snapped a photo and shared it on social media.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 9.00.22 AM.png
An ALDI shopper was astounded by the price tag of a packet of chicken thighs. Credit: Facebook

The post, as expected, garnered quite a reaction from the community.

One user said, 'I hope you snapped that one up real quick. Feed the family for under $250!'

'Talk about inflation! I'd pick up 10 of them. What a deal,’ another added.

'Don't laugh about it. You're probably looking at future prices the way things are going,’ a third said.

While some members of the group saw the lighter side of the error, others expressed concern that someone might inadvertently purchase the item without noticing the price.

‘I hope someone did not get screwed and bought this. It's terrible. Some people don't check prices. They just pay and go,’ another shared.

The shopper followed up on the post and wrote, ‘After I took the photo, I handed the packet over to a staff member.’

However, this isn't the first time ALDI has provided a chuckle with a labelling mishap.

In another instance, a customer found a packet of Bakers Life croissants with a 'best before' date that would keep them fresh until 2070!

‘ALDI Australia croissants with 46 years of shelf life. Purchased Sunday, 7/04/24,’ the shopper wrote along a photo of the croissants.

'I could eat them on my 100th birthday!' one commenter joked, while another pondered whether the croissants were a relic from the 1970s instead.
Key Takeaways
  • An ALDI shopper noticed a ridiculous typo on the price tag of a protein packet, which was marked down from $310.18 to $248.09.
  • The shopper shared the photo of the overpriced chicken on social media, generating humorous reactions regarding the typo.
  • Commenters on the post reacted with both humour and concern about future inflation, and some even joked about buying multiple packs at the comically high price.
  • This incident is reminiscent of another amusing error at ALDI, where a customer found croissants with a label suggesting a 46-year shelf life from the purchase date in April 2024.
Have you encountered a hilarious or shocking pricing error during shopping? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Funny, the markdown ticket was not printed for that item. Totally different price per kg and weight. Obviously got caught off something else or put there purposely.