Aldi shopper discovers a horrific find in a packet of frozen chicken wings

Warning: This article contains distressing content.

An Aussie mum shared a disturbing photo of an unexpected find in her newly-bought packet of frozen chicken wings.

She revealed that she discovered a well-preserved whole chicken head in a 2kg bag of ALDI wings.

Shockingly, the shopper also revealed that this was not the first time a chook head found its way into the frozen products.

“Two weeks in a row I have had a head,” she said on the Facebook post.

“Two weeks in a row, how hard is it to work out what bits go in what bag?” She added, obviously frustrated.

Fellow ALDI shoppers were repulsed by the mum’s discovery.

“Surely it’s not hard to realise it’s clearly in the wrong spot. But a chicken head! I would have died if I saw that!” commented one.

“That is the worst thing I have seen, OMG!” Another added.

The supermarket confirmed it was aware of the woman's discovery, and that its quality assurance team were investigating the matter.

“We strongly encourage customers to bring issues to our attention directly so we can investigate circumstances where our high-quality standards have not been met,” a spokesperson for Aldi said.

“Despite having no direct contact with the customer and no other customer claims of this nature, we have initiated our quality assurance team to investigate the allegation.”

oAWhSaj2pkFyjJLp5i9rtlDeqX_Y9KVsKkrFfy30Zv2V-4ZjISMBCOq6R2bArPp2ZmF9NupbM2pcLNxm4mPxyBZM9GCJ9fAe8QUZNXInJ5CCDiOre9NXynbiMD7ZXxzvoNyNl9I5

The chicken head was found inside the packet, packaged along with the frozen chicken wings. Photo from Facebook.
Earlier this year, a similar case surfaced when a shopper from Woolworths discovered a dead animal fetus inside a bunch of grapes she bought from the store.

The customer from Melbourne was transferring the grapes onto a bowl when she spotted the lifeless critter, which appeared to be a hairless mouse.

“I truly lost my appetite,” she said.

Even though these two are isolated incidents, it wouldn’t hurt to thoroughly check your supermarket purchases. After all, you’re far better off safe than sorry.

Sponsored