Aldi releases a new flavour for the classic dessert and it is a hit

Aldi’s own spin on the classic Viennetta dessert has shoppers flipping out and we can understand why.

Katrina Micallef of Yahoo! Lifestyle has written about the grocery store launching a new flavour - caramel, and fans are scrambling before the shelves run out of stocks again.

7Q-WO81IJGrJVRxIiflV59Y6DSRFeawu-eMkwniKX-XL7d4O2qtA4ZQCIStbu23TQlcpDDfmqe4zgSA_D8VzRi0sEnVT1VK8ZGF3IAPTEU9StQ2pW6YkQWwvHXgnxXL-EjZT1ZCA=s0

Aldi grocery store, home of the classic dessert Entertainer. Photo from Rich Beauchesne of Seacoastonline.

One mum has taken it to Facebook to post a picture of an Aldi freezer full of the dessert range called Entertainer, both flavors available for the taking. Naturally, the post reeled in the attention of many, with most saying that they’re glad to see stocks back in the grocery’s freezers.

“Oh, it’s back, with an extra version! love the original one..will try this latest one too...thanks for sharing,” an enthusiastic shopper commented. “Had the vanilla one last night they are good,” another commenter added.

“Omg!!! I need this. The current Vienetta tastes terrible. I miss the classic recipe I grew up with,” said by the third person, prompting everyone’s nostalgia.

Shoppers are quick to compare the new flavour to other caramel ice-cream desserts which are more pricey, and many are saying that Aldi’s version is much better.

Entertainers are available for the worthy price of $3.99.

One person testified by posting a picture of the Home Ice Cream dessert, which usually retails for $15, saying, “I got this today! Taste exactly like the one from home ice cream! 10/10.”

Many more agreed that the caramel flavoured Entertainer tastes amazing. “They are amazing!! Having one tonight for my birthday cake,” one added.

The classic vanilla flavour has dropped in Aldi stores before and only the caramel flavour is new.

pzsyNujxS4MpE5vQMAdauUZIry0zWUHyV8pjmLIDI0JI02ul3-VpXI_L6aa7CTWOZZB2QYYAb8lScYIOveGIv-L7dG1XYmhOcb6k_TGwV5qwtxqlpuX2AWAR5b8Bbtt2rPAwVxs4=s0

The new caramel flavoured Entertainer. Photo from Facebook.

Released back in August 2019, the ice cream dessert seems to be a seasonal product.

The official Facebook page for ALDI Australia posted a photo of the dessert at the time, with a caption saying, “That fancy dessert you remember from your childhood is back, and it's only $3.99!” which garnered over 7500 reactions and 9200 comments.

“Much better than Viennetta but you have to be quick, they sell out very fast. I've got one for Christmas stashed in the freezer,” one shopper wrote, followed by another saying, “Wish I'd known about this when I was shopping at Aldi earlier today!”

And now that you’ve heard it here first, don’t forget to pass by the dessert section next time you go to Aldi and grab one, or maybe three, of these irresistible desserts for the holidays!

Reactions: Kenmaur
Sponsored