Alan Jones’ new show crashes minutes into the premiere while he rants about “being silenced”

Alan Jones’ new show crashes minutes into the premiere while he rants about “being silenced”
Australian right-wing commentator and radio broadcaster Alan Jones has come out of retirement for his new online show, Direct to the People. However, just three minutes into the premiere with Jones ranting about “being silenced”, the live stream crashed.

eOCiAUkYnTLCmVTeowig70xVg_rzaLRsNJLU3ZLpBhekGS3ruglc4qYN-LRZ-R-qvZDz-hdlzKlPWGKL_7FaK_AySCh51bMYEGwKbZP6wp-igx8_3AD-9nZOGgyzhBcv8sOBqW4

Alan Jones’ new show crashed on all platforms just three minutes into the premiere. Credit: Alan Jones.

The Aussie commentator's new show was met with technical difficulties on its premiere night on Monday evening, with the producers saying that the excessive traffic from "hundreds of thousands" of viewers caused the live feed to crash on all platforms.

The show was then rescheduled to air at 8:30 pm from its original timeslot of 8 pm.

At the time the show resumed, 1322 viewers were already tuning in on YouTube and some 1600 people liked the stream on Facebook.

The inaugural guest on Jones' new program was NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet, whom Jones congratulated for his commitment to "freedom of speech".

The radio broadcaster said: “We’ve lost the quintessential Australian characteristics of optimism, fun...offering one’s own opinion without the fear of being cancelled.”

Jones then went on to criticise the Covid restrictions — such as the lockdown protocols and mask mandates — saying that they have more negative impacts than the virus itself.

hU-w0pfUqMJePcxdY8zEUuofR9OogU0-R4p6pOaZgOeLLqVAAcN2zSqLJM9JrytQp4aRvRo35Mxqm9queBuzcdg8xPAnyCDydCyjcc9T8I7nW2ElauKxC-hlH3zXc3qTUrHSGMw

NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet was an inaugural guest at Direct to the People. Credit: Alan Jones.

Premier Perrottet then replied by defending his decisions, saying that whilst he and his officials had not always made the right decisions, his goal was to listen to his constituents and to generate 'hope, optimism and confidence in our people'.

Mr Perrottet also acknowledged that Australia had enjoyed the success of a comparatively low number of Covid cases, adding it made sense to relax restrictions as the vaccination numbers continue to rise and only tightening them when there was “substantial risk to people’s lives”.

The Premier said: “There are still so many commentators, politicians and members of the public who would still prefer us to be locked down in circumstances where there is no need.”

“My focus is not on the case numbers, it’s on the ICU and hospital presentations. Coming out every day and saying ‘here are the case numbers’ can instill fear in the community.”

Queensland senator Matt Canavan also appeared on the show, discussing his campaign to increase Australia’s domestic manufacturing capabilities and implement nuclear energy.

Sponsored
Very interested in other members opinions of this show. I have also posted to facebook

I believe the site crashed because of the number of people attempting to view the program. Time will tell, of course, but Sky could regret their decision not to resign Alan. Those who find it difficult to view and listen to Alan don't log in.

Is he still saying quote and unquote everytime he reads what someone has said? It is so bloody annoying.

Is he still saying "quote and unquote"everytime he reads what someone has said? its bloody annoying

Don't watch or listen if it annoys you. It is courtesy to advise listeners of the source of the quote.
I am saying its annoying that he says quote and unquote everytime.and,I don't watch him after he was let go at sky.i used to turn him off when he came on there for that reason.

If you don't watch or listen to Alan Jones. Why are you concerned about what Jones says or how he phrases his comments?. Many listeners/viewers over the years have found his well researched and delivered communications interesting. Was he not Sydney's highest rating breakfast broadcaster for 20 odd years?. Did he not have a high TV audience on Sky in the 8.00 PM time slot that crashed when he left?. You would have to be biased not to agree that he researches his subjects well and delivers his opinion in a concise, easily understood manner. Whether a listener/viewer agrees with him is a personal decision. However, many do find his informative views interesting. Otherwise, he would've disappeared from the scene many years ago.

I used to watch him on sky and that is the reason I would turn him off because I found it annoying that everytime he read what someone has said he would say " quote unquote".

Didnt watch SOB needs to retire he's way past his use by date and he can take John Laws with him!