Xe

Oct 7, 2021
AIBU for quitting on the spot even though we were understaffed and it made my manager cry?

I worked at a retail store in the mall. The store is divided into men’s, women’s and children’s clothes. I always worked women’s and on the weekdays I was always the only employee in that entire section.

Yesterday, two other employees and I clocked into our shifts. My manager, Lisa, pulled me aside and told me, “Your dad's called the store five times asking for your schedule. Please tell him to stop”.

I got extremely confused because that didn’t sound like something my dad would do. I even texted him and he said he never called the store once. I had a bad feeling and asked Lisa if she had given “my dad” my schedule and she said she did. I then told her that wasn’t my dad and she had no right telling a strange man my schedule. She got annoyed and told me that it wasn’t a big deal and I was being dramatic.

I then quit on the spot which only left her and two other employees to watch the entire store. She kept apologizing and even burst into tears because they were understaffed.

AIBU?