SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Danielle G.

Danielle G.

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 23, 2024
AIBU 09.08.2024

AIBU, which stands for 'Am I Being Unreasonable', is the perfect platform for sharing your thoughts and opinions! So, for today's AIBU discussion, we have this story from Reddit/Away-Paramedic-8316:

Am I being unreasonable for not sharing my toothbrush with my boyfriend?

'My boyfriend and I went on holiday. He forgot his toothbrush and realised on our first night when we were getting ready to go to bed.'

'We were in a cheaper motel type place, so they didn’t have amenities and we were too tired to see if anything was still open for a toothbrush.'

'I told him he could just use his finger to brush his teeth and mouthwash, but he asked to borrow my toothbrush. I said no, I don’t share that and he doesn’t see it any different than making out for 2 minutes.'

'He ended up using mouthwash and he got a toothbrush the next morning and I thought we’d moved on, except he brought it up again. He said in an emergency, sharing a toothbrush isn’t that bad. Am I being unreasonable?'

Last edited:
It's OK to share bodily fluids but don't touch my toothbrush.

This woman is a total hypocrite!
That is really funny but so true. I for one could never share a toothbrush I even have trouble drinking from the same glass as anyone and I mean anyone.
If I have a bottle of drink hubby knows how I'm and will always says leave me some
I must be a hypocrite ! 🤣

Never would I share a toothbrush with anyone, including hubby. I don’t usually share anything that goes in the mouth with anyone. Kissing hubby is the exception, although these days even that is mostly just lips touching, I think after 50 years of marriage the need for urgent passionate kissing has waned somewhat. Must be getting old.

For the life in me I can’t see any harm in using your partner’s toothbrush. For goodness sake you will probably kiss him and that’s as close to sharing germs as in an emergency there’s anything wrong in sharing a toothbrush

No no no, you don't share toothbrushes. I would have said the same thing put toothpaste on your finger then use the mouth wash. Buy a toothbrush in the morning. Maybe you could carry a spare toothbrush so if in this position again easy fixed.
Kind regards Vicki

Reactions: Littleboy8 and Gsr