SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
AFL Collection @ The Oodie*

Can you feel the footy fever?

Brisbane Lions* vs Sydney Swans*: who will be victorious?

Ahead of the grand final clash this Saturday, get into the footy spirit by nabbing one of The Oodie's exclusive AFL Collection pieces*. That's right, you can rep your favourite team all year round.

Their Licensed Sleep Tees* are available for a ripper of a deal right now; was $99, now $49.

🦁 I'm cheering for the Brisbane Lions.*

🦢 I'm cheering for the Sydney Swans.*

❌ My team isn't in the finals (this time)*.

Screen Shot 2024-09-27 at 9.35.32 am.png
Image Credit: The Oodie

It's my hometown team vs my now-home team, so I can't choose!

I will be watching the horse racing then switch over for the NRL Final between the Sydney Rooters and the Melbourne Scum.

If I wanted to watch a comedy, Australia's Got Talent is on 7 Flix but it would be hard to beat AwFuL for a laugh!

And some talentless turkey called Katy Perry will be there....

• Haha
Reactions: Bullwinkle and DLHM
I will be watching the horse racing then switch over for the NRL Final between the Sydney Rooters and the Melbourne Scum.

If I wanted to watch a comedy, Australia's Got Talent is on 7 Flix but it would be hard to beat AwFuL for a laugh!

And some talentless turkey called Katy Perry will be there....
As anyone can tell, @Veggiepatch has very fixed views about football.

As anyone can tell, @Veggiepatch has very fixed views about football.
There's rugby league, then soccer (football). A rabble called rugby onion. A 16 minute "spectacle" that takes four hours called NFL.

Somewhere in the dark recesses of supposed entertainment erroneously termed a sport is AwFuL, also known as GayFL or aerial ping pong, where 36 undernourished stick insects chase and fumble a red oval shaped thing called a "Sharon", trying to propel "Sharon" through numerous posts while fisting behinds. What other "sport" gives you a point for missing?

Sorry 😞 but they are just awful…I won’t be seen anywhere wearing something as hideous as those sleeping tees….enough to give you nightmares…
If that is the offering then something tells me I definitely would not have like the Collingwood one!!

• Haha
Reactions: DLHM
Sorry 😞 but they are just awful…I won’t be seen anywhere wearing something as hideous as those sleeping tees….enough to give you nightmares…
If that is the offering then something tells me I definitely would not have like the Collingwood one!!
Those “sleeping tees” are so gaudy, that’s for sure. The only way I can think of that they could be useful, is if someone broke into a home and was scared off by the wearer. 😱

Oh, does this mean we won’t be sharing in the hilarity? 🤔
Remember that TV ad for AwFuL proclaiming "BIG HITS" in their "game"? What big hits? Hits performed with handbags resulting in a career ending broken fingernail? If an NRL player made a half decent tackle on a AwFuL player, it would require a coronial inquest because it may result in death. :ROFLMAO:

For the information of the masses, I did a study on the physiques of AwFuL players versus NRL players who played in their respective 2018 grand finals.

On average, AwFuL players were 3.3 cm taller than their NRL counterparts, however, NRL players weighed a whopping 10.4 kgs more than their AwFuL counterparts.

I rest my case regarding the physicality of both codes.

Reactions: DLHM
Remember that TV ad for AwFuL proclaiming "BIG HITS" in their "game"? What big hits? Hits performed with handbags resulting in a career ending broken fingernail? If an NRL player made a half decent tackle on a AwFuL player, it would require a coronial inquest because it may result in death. :ROFLMAO:

For the information of the masses, I did a study on the physiques of AwFuL players versus NRL players who played in their respective 2018 grand finals.

On average, AwFuL players were 3.3 cm taller than their NRL counterparts, however, NRL players weighed a whopping 10.4 kgs more than their AwFuL counterparts.

I rest my case regarding the physicality of both codes.
Different sports look for different statures and weights as well as skills. Differing sports have their own rules.

I wouldn’t compare AFL to NRL. As with many things, there are pros and cons.

Perhaps I’m just not very knowledgeable about sports, but we all have our own views. Many are partial to the sports they grew up with.

Reactions: Bullwinkle
Good on you if you like footy . I don't so won't be watching anyway TV is crap at the moment . Repeat , repeat or grosse reality programmes and comedies that are supposed to be funny with same old faces think there's a friends on TV group e.g. you come on my show you have me on yours

Reactions: Ezzy and Bullwinkle