A reminder from Joy: Surviving the Silly Season

Our remarkable retired psychologist, member @Joy Straw, has written a beautiful article about surviving the silly season which I will be sharing with you all in the coming weeks... Until then, she emails me this incredible quote today and it really hit home for me, so I thought it would be a good idea to share it with all of you.

The 'silly season' isn't the best season for everyone and that is okay. Here's some lovely reminders to keep close to you over the coming weeks. If you know someone who struggles during the silly season, I think it would be a beautiful idea to pass this on to them. ❤️ A big thank you to member @Joy Straw for sharing this with us. She said she found it on one of Australia's autism websites.

christmas.jpg
A few reminders to keep in mind during the silly season. Image source: Member @Joy Straw / Autism Australia.

Last edited:
Sponsored
How true is all that.

While people are celebrating 🍾 and being happy over this time of year there are also plenty of people who hate it for one reason or another.

Someone who has lost a loved one

Someone who has recently divorced

Someone who can't afford gifts but feel they have too and then gets themselves into debt.

I'm not looking forward to my sons depression in the coming weeks . This being the first year that he will be without his two daughters . It's going to be very sad

How true is all that.

While people are celebrating 🍾 and being happy over this time of year there are also plenty of people who hate it for one reason or another.

Someone who can't afford gifts but feel they have too and then gets themselves into debt.

I'm not looking forward to my sons depression in the coming weeks . This being the first year that he will be without his two daughters . It's going to be very sad
Suzanne I’m so sorry for your loss and his. This must be an incredibly painful time. Please know you’re in my thoughts and I’m sending my heartfelt wish for some peace for you both Joy

How true is all that.

It can be difficult for many. This year will be different for us as my husband needs dialysis 3 times a week & will be @ the hospital for it this year. At least we still will be able to have Christmas together.

It can be difficult for many. This year will be different for us as my husband needs dialysis 3 times a week & will be @ the hospital for it this year. At least we still will be able to have Christmas together.
Dear Megter yes it must be very difficult with what you and your husband are going through at anytime but your positive spin on such difficulties certainly must be helping you go through this . Please know that many in this community are with you in spirit and I’ll hold you in my thoughts kind wishes for the future Joy

How true is all that.

I know that you will find the strength to get through this Suzanne & I feel for your poor son. So many people have a sad time at Christmas. I still miss my parents & 2 older siblings even though it’s many years since they passed. My mum and older sister both loved Christmas & always made it special. I will be thinking of you as I’m sure a lot of members will be. Sending my thoughts & prayers to everyone going through trauma this Christmas season.