Very professional shots Ron, great shots. I've never been very successful in having the blank backgrounds, the best I can do is just throw them out of focus. That's apart from trying to put card behind them etc. Do you use software to do it, or pick and photo in studio? :D (y)

Very professional shots Ron, great shots. I've never been very successful in having the blank backgrounds, the best I can do is just throw them out of focus. That's apart from trying to put card behind them etc. Do you use software to do it, or pick and photo in studio? :D (y)
It's all natural Ted...I detest Photoshop (and similar) as I reckon it's for "manipulators" not photographers...if I can't get it right in the camera then it's not a photograph. At best, I crop shots to suit and maybe a 10% sharpen. I also only shoot in JPEG, shooting in RAW and having to spend hours adjusting the shot defeats the purpose of taking the shot in the first place.. I get published in national magazines regularly and have won several competitions so I know it works for me. Mostly I use my macro lens for these types of shots (and insects) that has an extremely short focal length which helps with the backgrounds (Bokeh) :)