A daughter's selfless act transformed her father's life - read their story here!

Rarely do we come across such selflessness and unwavering love, as displayed by 25-year-old Delayne Ivanowski.

When her father, John Ivanowski, 60, was diagnosed with a debilitating kidney disease, Delayne didn't hesitate to step forward and offer to donate one of her organs to save his life, despite her father's initial objections.

John was battling Immunoglobulin A deficiency, a condition that was attacking his kidneys and threatening to progress to end-stage renal disease. Already undergoing gruelling dialysis three times a week for hours at a time, John's future looked uncertain.

But Delayne's love for her father knew no bounds. She was determined to help him in any way possible, and she knew that donating her kidney was the best chance for her father to have a shot at life.

Despite John's protests, Delayne's resolve never wavered.

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 2.14.07 PM.png
A young woman secretly donated a kidney to her father after spending several months keeping her plan under wraps. Credit: TikTok/delayne_i.

Delayne went through months of testing, talking to doctors, and making sure that her kidneys were suitable for donation — all in secret! This showed her remarkable commitment to saving her father's life.

Finally, she was approved as a donor. And on February 16th, the transplant surgery took place. Fortunately, Delayne's selfless act of donating her kidney to her father was successful.

The next day, she surprised her father with the news, and he was overcome with shock and gratitude. John, who had been apprehensive about the physical risks Delayne would face, was deeply moved by his daughter's incredible sacrifice.

He expressed that he wouldn't change a thing, and his heart was filled with immense gratitude and love for his daughter.

Delayne's act of love and selflessness is a testament to the power of family bonds and the extraordinary lengths people are willing to go to for their loved ones.

Her courage, determination, and unwavering love have brought hope and joy into her father's life, creating a heartwarming story of love, sacrifice, and resilience that will be cherished forever.

Delayne's love for her father didn't stop at donating her kidney.

She also recognised the financial burden that her father had already endured with the cost of dialysis, and she took it upon herself to seek help through social media to cover their medical bills.

Her decision to reach out to social media was met with an overwhelming response, far beyond what she had anticipated, and the outpouring of support and generosity from the community touched her heart deeply.

John, who was no longer dependent on dialysis after the successful transplant, expressed his gratitude for his daughter's selflessness.

He described her act of donating her kidney as one of the greatest gifts and a precious donation of life. 'I'm so grateful; it's hard to describe,' he said.

Key Takeaways

• Delayne Ivanowski, a 25-year-old, selflessly donated one of her kidneys to her father, John Ivanowski, who was suffering from kidney disease and needed dialysis three times a week.
  • She went through months of secret testing and overcame her father's initial reluctance to become a kidney donor, ultimately saving her father's life through a successful transplant surgery.
  • Delayne's act of selflessness and love for her father has inspired admiration and support from her community, and she continues to seek help through social media to cover their medical bills.

Delayne's selflessness and determination to support her father in every possible way are truly awe-inspiring. Her actions demonstrate the profound impact that one person's kindness and generosity can have on the lives of others.

Her incredible act of donating a kidney to her father, despite the challenges and risks involved, is a testament to the power of family bonds and the capacity for human kindness.

Are you inspired by Delayne's courage and compassion? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and let us continue to celebrate acts of love that remind us of the goodness in humanity.

Sponsored
Rarely do we come across such selflessness and unwavering love, as displayed by 25-year-old Delayne Ivanowski.

When her father, John Ivanowski, 60, was diagnosed with a debilitating kidney disease, Delayne didn't hesitate to step forward and offer to donate one of her organs to save his life, despite her father's initial objections.

John was battling Immunoglobulin A deficiency, a condition that was attacking his kidneys and threatening to progress to end-stage renal disease. Already undergoing gruelling dialysis three times a week for hours at a time, John's future looked uncertain.

But Delayne's love for her father knew no bounds. She was determined to help him in any way possible, and she knew that donating her kidney was the best chance for her father to have a shot at life.

Despite John's protests, Delayne's resolve never wavered.

View attachment 17450
A young woman secretly donated a kidney to her father after spending several months keeping her plan under wraps. Credit: TikTok/delayne_i.

Delayne went through months of testing, talking to doctors, and making sure that her kidneys were suitable for donation — all in secret! This showed her remarkable commitment to saving her father's life.

Finally, she was approved as a donor. And on February 16th, the transplant surgery took place. Fortunately, Delayne's selfless act of donating her kidney to her father was successful.

The next day, she surprised her father with the news, and he was overcome with shock and gratitude. John, who had been apprehensive about the physical risks Delayne would face, was deeply moved by his daughter's incredible sacrifice.

He expressed that he wouldn't change a thing, and his heart was filled with immense gratitude and love for his daughter.

Delayne's act of love and selflessness is a testament to the power of family bonds and the extraordinary lengths people are willing to go to for their loved ones.

Her courage, determination, and unwavering love have brought hope and joy into her father's life, creating a heartwarming story of love, sacrifice, and resilience that will be cherished forever.

Delayne's love for her father didn't stop at donating her kidney.

She also recognised the financial burden that her father had already endured with the cost of dialysis, and she took it upon herself to seek help through social media to cover their medical bills.

Her decision to reach out to social media was met with an overwhelming response, far beyond what she had anticipated, and the outpouring of support and generosity from the community touched her heart deeply.

John, who was no longer dependent on dialysis after the successful transplant, expressed his gratitude for his daughter's selflessness.

He described her act of donating her kidney as one of the greatest gifts and a precious donation of life. 'I'm so grateful; it's hard to describe,' he said.

Key Takeaways

• Delayne Ivanowski, a 25-year-old, selflessly donated one of her kidneys to her father, John Ivanowski, who was suffering from kidney disease and needed dialysis three times a week.
  • She went through months of secret testing and overcame her father's initial reluctance to become a kidney donor, ultimately saving her father's life through a successful transplant surgery.
  • Delayne's act of selflessness and love for her father has inspired admiration and support from her community, and she continues to seek help through social media to cover their medical bills.

Delayne's selflessness and determination to support her father in every possible way are truly awe-inspiring. Her actions demonstrate the profound impact that one person's kindness and generosity can have on the lives of others.

Her incredible act of donating a kidney to her father, despite the challenges and risks involved, is a testament to the power of family bonds and the capacity for human kindness.

Are you inspired by Delayne's courage and compassion? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and let us continue to celebrate acts of love that remind us of the goodness in humanity.

It is the greatest gift anyone would do if possible as transplants have come a long way since my friend was one of the first to have one from a donor back in the 60,s

What a beautiful story and a beautiful young lady.

I found out 10 weeks ago that my kidneys function has decreased by 50 % over the last 9 months. We are thinking it could have happened due to the large ammounts of antibiotics I have had.

I have more blood test next week to see if it is lower again .

When I told my kids 3 of my daughters said they would give me a kidney. I was amazed at their generous offer , but I wasn't aware that a transplant was on the cards 🤔 Hopefully they are jumping the gun , but it's times like this you really do see the love your kids have for you

Reactions: Pete of Tas and Gsr
In 1969 my 21 year old cousin offered to donate a kidney to my mother. I’ve always loved him for that. It didn’t happen, partly because kidney transplants were in their infancy, but mostly because it wouldn’t have helped as she has multiple cancers.