82-year-old British gran with 36-year-old Egyptian lover says ‘love conquers all’

Iris Jones, an 82-year-old pensioner from Weston-super-Mare in Somerset, shocked Britain when she married 36-year-old Mohamed Ibriham from Cairo, whom she met on Facebook in the summer of 2019.

f4sP-nU5eNHIj-wJEdsL8BiNbFRFexH7BkIY1Mtugd2cdFWFQNwOwFpHHXeWt2ZVDC14LQ41ccdngGL1CkMQqw7tG3tCRTuv0AzIt4vIKF3LoHytyuocwqQ55SgYvKkRtU4zKySl

Iris and Mohamed met on Facebook in 2019 and married in November 2020. Finally, on November 3, Mohamed's visa was approved, and they were reunited. Photo from Facebook / Iris Jones.

The pair married each other in November 2020. However, visa issues kept the couple apart, keeping them from seeing each other in person since last December.

But earlier this month, Mohamed rang Iris to tell her that he’d been granted a three-year visa.

“I was in Tesco, doing my shopping, in the fruit and veg aisle. Tears just poured down; I couldn’t stop crying. One of the assistants said, ‘are you alright?’ And I said, ‘Yes, I’m just very, very happy’,” Iris recalled.

The couple insisted that they will love each other 'forever' and dismissed the negative reactions they've received to their 46-year age gap.

Viewers first saw the pair on a public show in January 2020, and since then, Iris said her comments about their sex life have led to public recognition.

“My friends can’t get enough of him. He’s very, very popular and very famous in Sand Bay.”

She even recalled being recognised in public transport one time, saying: “We’ve been recognised in Bristol in a taxi. ”

“Our time isn’t restricted, so we don’t need to ration ourselves [with sex]. The magic will never go away; it’ll never be destroyed.”

“Anyone who says to me, ‘how do you find love?’ You don’t look for it. It finds you.”

Iris admitted that the relationship hasn’t all been smooth-sailing, but they persevere.

Iris explained: “He is very, very tidy now. He hasn't dropped anything on the floor.”

On the other hand, Mohamed said: “She's very, very fussy.”

wmWu4aAAJV9Wol-PbCKeqJoAfyOlZcL4jO4-QqMtBaJYjxtupSpsozeYSaf4TKY62odVED2d_LR07ocREoqc4qsTjRw3CO79q9-tOzZVp9_ltUNiZH3WK5FjQmQPJRXOc6HywjiS

The couple ignored the negative reactions to their 46-year age gap and insisted they will love each other 'forever'. Photo from ITV Hub.

Iris had been divorced for 27 years when she met Mohamed in early 2019.

It was her son Stephen who bought her a laptop and signed her up to Facebook, where she joined a group for atheists. There, she met her would-be husband.

“His intellect shone through, and when he sent me some pictures, I thought, ‘Oh my God, he is drop-dead gorgeous’,” she recalled.

“But I realised how young he was, so I never thought anything would come of it. He was in an arranged marriage for ten years that ended in May 2020, though they separated two years ago.”

“When he started calling me ‘Babe’, I said, ‘Don’t start getting romantic notions, I’ll soon be an octogenarian’.”

“But I realised I was falling in love with him. He told me he loved me first about three weeks after we met. He said, ‘I didn’t intend to fall in love with a 79-year-old Iris, I just did’,” she continued.

“He thinks we have a spiritual connection and were meant to be.”

The pair both revealed that they have not made plans for Christmas yet, with Iris saying: “We don't yet, we don't know whether we'll be invited to one son or the other or we'll be on our own, they might think we want to be on our own, it makes no difference.”

Mohamed added: “They visit us in our home and say congratulations, and they give their regards to us. I give all of you and all the people around the world who support us strong thanks and strong regards, because all of you support our love story.”

What do you guys think? Can love transcend time, or are you skeptical of Mohamed’s intentions?

Sponsored
After permanent residence and not sure of her financial standing but could also be living off the poor woman. Does the lady really think he loves her? I think she is being used.

After permanent residence and not sure of her financial standing but could also be living off the poor woman. Does the lady really think he loves her? I think she is being used.
The sad part is that even if deep down she knows that's what he's really after, she might just be okay with it if she's lonely

Reactions: Lynette Finnigan
If there was an inheritance at stake you would think her children would be really kicking up.... maybe permanent residence.... maybe just soul mates? :sneaky::unsure:

Is she crazy !!! Of course he isnt in LOVE with her , he is after her money and permanent residence in England!!
permanent residency, recognition of living status, then what, build or join a fanatical group and create terrorist attacks? it is not uncommon nowadays even after intense scutiny it still happens.

Reactions: Moira
It was her son Stephen who bought her a laptop and signed her up to Facebook, where she joined a group for atheists. There, she met her would-be husband.

“His intellect shone through, and when he sent me some pictures, I thought, ‘Oh my God, he is drop-dead gorgeous’,” she recalled.
I thought atheists didn't believe in God!!

Is she crazy !!! Of course he isnt in LOVE with her , he is after her money and permanent residence in England!!
permanent residency, recognition of living status, then what,
I thought atheists didn't believe in God!!
well, I am 79, not too bad looking for my age I have been told, but, if a 36 yr old woman "tagged" on to me like that I would certainly wonder what she was up to, I mean, ..........36 yr old male OR female "tagging" onto ANYONE over 70 (especially 82 as this woman is) has to have something in mind ...and it certainly wouldn't be LOVE. I do hope she "does her sums", so many people of our age are SO vulnerable when some young thing says they love you, and why was he looking through facebook profiles of women of that age group?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat&fancy and Moira
The sad part is that even if deep down she knows that's what he's really after, she might just be okay with it if she's lonely
Yes... sadly there are a lot of elderly people who are lonely or a bit 'slow' that are soon identified as an easy target..... let's just hope she isn't stripped of her money or home or the length of years in her life...