72-year-old reveals why and how she's dating men half her age

Disclaimer: Names with an asterisk (*) beside them have been changed for privacy reasons.

When it comes to love, as people say, age is just a number! While it used to be considered odd or even scandalous to date someone much younger than you, in this day and age, people are open to finding companions outside of their age group.

Take Kelly Howard*, a 72-year-old who is not only embracing this idea wholeheartedly, she’s living it – and loving it!

It all began when the Californian-born woman made a bold move when she switched her life of sun and sea for city life in New Jersey. And although retirement is a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of her daily life, she wanted more.

That's when she stumbled across a dating app called Cougar Life that promised to give her just that.

date1.jpg
Kelly* said she wanted more excitement in her life. Credit: cottonbro studio/Pexels

It is understood that the app helps younger people meet older women.

Little did Kelly* know that on her journey to ‘join the digital dating world’, she would be flooded with messages – up to 10 to 20 a day – most of them from younger men.

And while some of them have become her pen pals, others have become great dates. She also told reporters that a first date would typically just involve grabbing drinks. However, she said she would sneak up into their hotel rooms and stay overnight.

Speaking of her romantic escapades, the 72-year-old described how one particular man caught her eye. He was in his late 20s and lived in Vancouver.

At first, Kelly* doubted that he could be real – he was simply too ‘unbelievably handsome’ to be true until she asked him to video-call her and hold an orange balloon to prove that he was real.

‘We spent the night together,’ Kelly* said. She also revealed that she drove over an hour just to meet him.

Five years later, the pair have remained in contact and reportedly ‘tell each other everything’.

date2.jpg
Kelly* revealed that she remains in contact with some of the people she’s met through the dating app. Credit: Pixabay/Pexels

Kelly* has also come to some very wise conclusions about love in general – like why she prefers dating younger men than men her own age.

According to her, younger men are more ‘open to change’.

‘Younger men don't have that attitude,’ Kelly* said. ‘It's refreshing.’

She told reporters that, as a child, she was taught that women were supposed to ‘please the guy’. But this time, Kelly* found that she could put herself first and forget about having to live up to these expectations when she dates younger men.

And she isn’t the only older woman in search of younger men.

The Senior Director of Communications at Cougar Life, Isabella Mise, revealed to reporters that no less than 15 per cent of users on the app are fifty and up.

‘They're still looking for connection, love, physical intimacy, and I think online dating is perhaps a way for them to widen their dating pool,’ Mise said.

A survey conducted in 2003 found a whopping 34 per cent of women wanting to date younger men, with the conclusion that the energy of youth often won them over.

'I can't explain why... without even knowing someone's age, you can be sure I'm going to gravitate toward the younger guy,' a 60-year-old survey participant named Annette told researchers.

‘And I don't know if it's a function of I'm attracted to younger guys or younger guys are attracted to me. It's just their energy, their enthusiasm and [there’s] “less baggage”.’

So, members, if you're looking for a bit of excitement in your dating life, don't rule out the idea of getting back into the dating game with an open-minded attitude towards age.

And whatever you do, never ever be ashamed to look for love in unexpected places. Anything is possible, so why not let your heart be open to all possibilities?
Key Takeaways
  • 72-year-old Kelly Howard* prefers to date younger men and has received many advances on the dating app Cougar Life.
  • Kelly* enjoys dating younger men and claims they are more open to change and have a refreshing attitude compared to men her age.
  • Kelly* has made a few meaningful connections through the dating app, even maintaining a close relationship with one man for five years.
  • Cougar Life's Senior Director of Communications, Isabella Mise, reveals that 15 per cent of users on the app are aged 50 and up, as older women are still looking for connection, love, and physical intimacy.
So, members, what do you think? Would you sign up for a similar dating app? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Sponsored
I think 43 years age gap is way too much.

If I were this lady I wouldn't be admitting to sleeping with them on the first night and it sounds like she has done this many times

PENPALS !!! Young people dont know what a penpal is , if she wants to sleep with someone 40 years her jnr then she needs to keep up

My aunt married for a second time to someone around 12 years younger than her when she was 37 and he was 25 ,he was the same age as me.
Our family gave her a little bit of a hard time in the beginning calling her a cradle snatcher but they are still together today and very happy.

Personally I wouldn't go with someone younger than me, but that's just me.

I think what ever makes you happy as long as both partners are happy.
However to me 20 years plus is way way to much of an age difference . I would hate it if my 24 year old son was with anyone older than 30.

I would be suspicious of anyone be a female or male with this much of an age gap are not in it for the money ect.

Disclaimer: Names with an asterisk (*) beside them have been changed for privacy reasons.

When it comes to love, as people say, age is just a number! While it used to be considered odd or even scandalous to date someone much younger than you, in this day and age, people are open to finding companions outside of their age group.

Take Kelly Howard*, a 72-year-old who is not only embracing this idea wholeheartedly, she’s living it – and loving it!

It all began when the Californian-born woman made a bold move when she switched her life of sun and sea for city life in New Jersey. And although retirement is a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of her daily life, she wanted more.

That's when she stumbled across a dating app called Cougar Life that promised to give her just that.

View attachment 22077
Kelly* said she wanted more excitement in her life. Credit: cottonbro studio/Pexels

Little did Kelly* know that on her journey to ‘join the digital dating world’, she would be flooded with messages – up to 10 to 20 a day – most of them from younger men.

And while some of them have become her pen pals, others have become great dates. She also told reporters that a first date would typically just involve grabbing drinks. However, she said she would sneak up into their hotel rooms and stay overnight.

Speaking of her romantic escapades, the 72-year-old described how one particular man caught her eye. He was in his late 20s and lived in Vancouver.

At first, Kelly* doubted that he could be real – he was simply too ‘unbelievably handsome’ to be true until she asked him to video-call her and hold an orange balloon to prove that he was real.

‘We spent the night together,’ Kelly* said. She also revealed that she drove over an hour just to meet him.

Five years later, the pair have remained in contact and reportedly ‘tell each other everything’.

View attachment 22078
Kelly* revealed that she remains in contact with some of the people she’s met through the dating app. Credit: Pixabay/Pexels

Kelly* has also come to some very wise conclusions about love in general – like why she prefers dating younger men than men her own age.

She told reporters that, as a child, she was taught that women were supposed to ‘please the guy’. But this time, Kelly* found that she could put herself first and forget about having to live up to these expectations when she dates younger men.

The Senior Director of Communications at Cougar Life, Isabella Mise, revealed to reporters that no less than 15 per cent of users on the app are fifty and up.

‘They're still looking for connection, love, physical intimacy, and I think online dating is perhaps a way for them to widen their dating pool,’ Mise said.

A survey conducted in 2003 found a whopping 34 per cent of women wanting to date younger men, with the conclusion that the energy of youth often won them over.

'I can't explain why... without even knowing someone's age, you can be sure I'm going to gravitate toward the younger guy,' a 60-year-old survey participant named Annette told researchers.

‘And I don't know if it's a function of I'm attracted to younger guys or younger guys are attracted to me. It's just their energy, their enthusiasm and [there’s] “less baggage”.’

So, members, if you're looking for a bit of excitement in your dating life, don't rule out the idea of getting back into the dating game with an open-minded attitude towards age.

And whatever you do, never ever be ashamed to look for love in unexpected places. Anything is possible, so why not let your heart be open to all possibilities?
Key Takeaways

• 72-year-old Kelly Howard* prefers to date younger men and has received many advances on the dating app Cougar Life.
  • Kelly* enjoys dating younger men and claims they are more open to change and have a refreshing attitude compared to men her age.
  • Kelly* has made a few meaningful connections through the dating app, even maintaining a close relationship with one man for five years.
  • Cougar Life's Senior Director of Communications, Isabella Mise, reveals that 15 per cent of users on the app are aged 50 and up, as older women are still looking for connection, love, and physical intimacy.
So, members, what do you think? Would you sign up for a similar dating app? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Old news. I have been with the same male for 38 years. cougar i think i invented it.

I think think the age difference way too big. In fact it would be like sleeping with your kids mates..Not for me, I'm afraid, I find it quite stomach churning. Be it male or female stay within your decade.

View attachment 22077

View attachment 22078

Key Takeaways

No I'm fine. My spouse of 36 fun years together is 21 years my junior.
Working and travelling the world has been great. He's an engineer and a punk musician so it can be a Jekyll and softer Hyde scenario around 'gig' times.

I myself was married to someone 12 & a half years younger than me for 14 years when he changed from nice to nasty. So I divorced him some 20 ago. now I have a casual lover who is 33 years younger than me & it works in both our favour. But I would never marry again. I like my independence too much.

Ah, typically USA based. The older one is looking for companionship with the possibility of sex and the younger (very much younger) is looking for the almighty dollar.

Reactions: Gsr
When I first went out with my wife she was 19 we went to book in to a hotel on a holiday it said there were vacancies, at desk the owner woman said no vacancies I said the sign says vacancy she said we don't have your kind staying here she thought my wife was only about 13 she has always looked young and I looked older than my age of 23 so we had a bit of an arguement and we left. My wife is 63 tomorrow and probably still looks 20 years younger than me

Reactions: Ezzy
Sure not my cup of tea. If my husband leaves this earth before me I couldn’t really be bothered with contemplating another relationship for any reason. It just wouldn’t be worth the hassle. Maybe I have been lucky to have a long, happy marriage with a loving husband. No other man could ever take hubbys place.