$600 down to $60: This holiday Woolworths hack could save you hundreds of dollars on your grocery bill!

We all love a good bargain, especially when it comes to grocery shopping.

After all, who doesn't want to save as much money as possible on food and other household items?

That's why we’re always on the lookout for ways our members can make their money go further, whether that's through exclusive discounts or by taking advantage of little-known hacks — like this one from Woolworths!

A few months ago, Woolworths introduced its Everyday Rewards Extra program — a subscription service that gives members 10% off their total shop once a month (among other benefits).

Recently, one savvy shopper revealed how she used the program to slash over $500 off her latest grocery bill!

The shopper shared how she pulled off her amazing feat on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook page.

‘My score for the day.’ her post began.

Screenshot_2.png
A Woolies shopper shared how she slashed hundreds off her holiday grocery bill using the supermarket’s promos. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/The GaLon Family

‘Shopping at Woolworths $602.’

‘Ten per cent discount for using Everyday Rewards Extra discount (maximum $50 off).

‘$470 discount for using my Rewards savings banked for Christmas.

‘Eight times points on my shop which gave another $20.’

She added that after everything was tallied up, she ended up paying just $62 for a shop that totalled over $600! Wow!

One key detail in the woman’s story is her use of Woolies’ Bank for Christmas option, which allows shoppers to save up points on purchases made throughout the year and use them just in time for the holidays.

True enough, the woman told other page members: ‘Everyday Rewards is the app (I used) and instead of getting $10 off every 2,000 points, I bank it all to use at Christmas, which was the $470.’

‘Everyday Rewards Extra is in the same app and you can pay $7 a month or $59 annually to get 10 per cent off a shop at Woolworths and 10 per cent off at BIG W every month (preferably your biggest shop to get a max discount of $50).’

‘(And) three times points from using Everyday Rewards Extra and I boosted five times on the total shop in the app.’

Another customer shared her similar Woolies shopping experience.

Screenshot_5.png
Woolies shoppers can opt to save their Rewards points and use them for the holidays. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/7News Australia

‘I did a $520 shop, got $52 off for my discount (and) $420 off with Christmas Rewards.’ she said.

‘(I) paid $50 but had three times points with (Everyday) Rewards Extra, and also a boosted five times points. (I) got 14,000 points, so (I had) another $70 already banked.’

‘Essentially I made $20 for doing my shopping. Bonus.’

Woolies’ shade of green has nothing on how green we are with envy… Kidding!

Of course, many others were in awe at how the shoppers pulled off their amazing retail feats.

‘It’s nearly too good to be true. They’re so good, I’m worried they’ll take them away soon enough.’ a user said.

Another added: ‘Everyday Extras is so good. I have already got my money back.’

Woolies Bank for Christmas has seen a 20 per cent increase in usage compared to last year, with about 650,000 Aussies choosing to save up for holiday grocery shopping.

‘We know Christmas can be an expensive time for our customers and now more than ever, shoppers are looking for the best value every time they shop with us,’ a representative said.

Screenshot_9.png
Consumers ramp up spending during the holidays, but recent soaring prices have forced many to rethink their purchases. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/7News Australia

‘That’s why we introduced “Bank For Christmas” to help provide peace of mind over the festive season by allowing members to bank their Everyday Rewards points to spend over Christmas.’

On average, Bank for Christmas users spend about $100 throughout the holidays, according to the spokesperson.

‘Some of our savviest members have already banked over $2,000, with members telling us unlocking their funds is like unwrapping an early Christmas present.’

If you’re finding out about this option from Woolies just now, fret not!

Using the same principle behind their program, you could, as early as now, set aside small amounts in preparation for next year’s holidays or any other event you’re preparing for and enjoy your reward when the time comes.

In the meantime, you could also check out tips on how to save money on groceries to help keep your spending under control.

So, what is your reaction to how these crafty Woolies shoppers made the most out of the supermarket giant’s programs? Do you have similar experiences too?

Share your thoughts and stories below!

Source: YouTube/7News Australia

Sponsored
Correct me please if I am wrong, but the “Bank for Christmas” only involves saving up the points doesn’t it? This is something I’ve been trying to get onto for a long time; I e tried doing it online and I’ve tried asking at the service desk with no result. It’s a lovely idea but, on average, my spending even when I used Woolies almost exclusively and while taking advantage of extra points (when they were actually on something I wanted), has never netted me more than $30 a year, but I would have liked to put that towards Christmas and have never been able to do so. I do like BUNCH tho and have been a member since it started.

It’s very simple to set up the “bank for Christmas” option online, so I don’t know why it hasn’t worked for you. It’s a matter of altering the option in your account settings. Maybe try calling WW if you can’t figure it out.

Reactions: Ashmenou and Ricci
We all love a good bargain, especially when it comes to grocery shopping.

After all, who doesn't want to save as much money as possible on food and other household items?

That's why we’re always on the lookout for ways our members can make their money go further, whether that's through exclusive discounts or by taking advantage of little-known hacks — like this one from Woolworths!

A few months ago, Woolworths introduced its Everyday Rewards Extra program — a subscription service that gives members 10% off their total shop once a month (among other benefits).

Recently, one savvy shopper revealed how she used the program to slash over $500 off her latest grocery bill!

The shopper shared how she pulled off her amazing feat on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook page.

‘My score for the day.’ her post began.

View attachment 10199
A Woolies shopper shared how she slashed hundreds off her holiday grocery bill using the supermarket’s promos. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/The GaLon Family

‘Shopping at Woolworths $602.’

‘Ten per cent discount for using Everyday Rewards Extra discount (maximum $50 off).

‘$470 discount for using my Rewards savings banked for Christmas.

‘Eight times points on my shop which gave another $20.’

She added that after everything was tallied up, she ended up paying just $62 for a shop that totalled over $600! Wow!

One key detail in the woman’s story is her use of Woolies’ Bank for Christmas option, which allows shoppers to save up points on purchases made throughout the year and use them just in time for the holidays.

True enough, the woman told other page members: ‘Everyday Rewards is the app (I used) and instead of getting $10 off every 2,000 points, I bank it all to use at Christmas, which was the $470.’

‘Everyday Rewards Extra is in the same app and you can pay $7 a month or $59 annually to get 10 per cent off a shop at Woolworths and 10 per cent off at BIG W every month (preferably your biggest shop to get a max discount of $50).’

‘(And) three times points from using Everyday Rewards Extra and I boosted five times on the total shop in the app.’

Another customer shared her similar Woolies shopping experience.

View attachment 10200
Woolies shoppers can opt to save their Rewards points and use them for the holidays. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/7News Australia

‘I did a $520 shop, got $52 off for my discount (and) $420 off with Christmas Rewards.’ she said.

‘(I) paid $50 but had three times points with (Everyday) Rewards Extra, and also a boosted five times points. (I) got 14,000 points, so (I had) another $70 already banked.’

‘Essentially I made $20 for doing my shopping. Bonus.’

Woolies’ shade of green has nothing on how green we are with envy… Kidding!

Of course, many others were in awe at how the shoppers pulled off their amazing retail feats.

‘It’s nearly too good to be true. They’re so good, I’m worried they’ll take them away soon enough.’ a user said.

Another added: ‘Everyday Extras is so good. I have already got my money back.’

Woolies Bank for Christmas has seen a 20 per cent increase in usage compared to last year, with about 650,000 Aussies choosing to save up for holiday grocery shopping.

‘We know Christmas can be an expensive time for our customers and now more than ever, shoppers are looking for the best value every time they shop with us,’ a representative said.

View attachment 10201
Consumers ramp up spending during the holidays, but recent soaring prices have forced many to rethink their purchases. Screengrab Credit: YouTube/7News Australia

‘That’s why we introduced “Bank For Christmas” to help provide peace of mind over the festive season by allowing members to bank their Everyday Rewards points to spend over Christmas.’

On average, Bank for Christmas users spend about $100 throughout the holidays, according to the spokesperson.

‘Some of our savviest members have already banked over $2,000, with members telling us unlocking their funds is like unwrapping an early Christmas present.’

If you’re finding out about this option from Woolies just now, fret not!

Using the same principle behind their program, you could, as early as now, set aside small amounts in preparation for next year’s holidays or any other event you’re preparing for and enjoy your reward when the time comes.

In the meantime, you could also check out tips on how to save money on groceries to help keep your spending under control.

So, what is your reaction to how these crafty Woolies shoppers made the most out of the supermarket giant’s programs? Do you have similar experiences too?

Share your thoughts and stories below!

Source: YouTube/7News Australia

It's a fabulous reward program. Used mine this week, bill totalled $284.52 less my 10% and $200 banked for Christmas...final cost for groceries $55.60 plus I received some extra bonus points. I still have 10% discount to use at BigW too. At christmas time this is a huge boost of savings and you can splurge a little on those extra Chrissy treats that you would not generally buy within a pensioners budget. I still have a little rewards funds left over to put towards some seafood. Happy Christmas everyone.

Reactions: Ricci and Phyll
As a pensioner i just shop at Aldi and save over $20 every week.
Yep... My thoughts exactly ONLY THE RICH can afford to lay aside that many points ... the price of most common item we buy have increased so that Luxury Items are going way to high for us. Try shaving .. I used to use 6 Wilkinson Sword Razor blades a month in my Adjustable Gillett Razor which I had for 20 yrs THEN Wilkinson Blades OFF the market ..Now I have two Gillett Adjustable Razors and NO QUALITY BLADES for them ... Have to use expensive throw away blades that last four days at the best .. Prices to shave weekly is 5 cups of Coffee forfeited per week..

Yep... My thoughts exactly ONLY THE RICH can afford to lay aside that many points ... the price of most common item we buy have increased so that Luxury Items are going way to high for us. Try shaving .. I used to use 6 Wilkinson Sword Razor blades a month in my Adjustable Gillett Razor which I had for 20 yrs THEN Wilkinson Blades OFF the market ..Now I have two Gillett Adjustable Razors and NO QUALITY BLADES for them ... Have to use expensive throw away blades that last four days at the best .. Prices to shave weekly is 5 cups of Coffee forfeited per week..

Hi
HI Vet543,I would be upset if I had to forfeit my coffee.I love coffee I gomto my local coffee shop in Gippsland Victoria 6 days a week. Cheers Paula.

Reactions: Ricci
I don't use the "Bank for Christmas" option, I just don't convert my points for $10 when available. I have $150 to use at Christmas if I so choose but I might just let it mount up as I have a couple of milestone events next year that I might want to splash out on. I looked into the Rewards Extra but so far haven't done anything about it, My weekly shop is around $100 and we don't have a Big W anywhere close. :)

Reactions: paulamc52
I do most of my shopping at Aldi and my only other preference is Coles.

Reactions: Ricci
Wow! wire for whiskers.. I use a pack of disposable razors a year!