$25 Kmart buy saves little boy's life in a near-death incident

All parents have a strong instinct to keep their kids safe. We're sure that most SDC members know how it feels to look after kids, ensuring that they are safe and sound whenever they go out and enjoy life — after all, many of you have experienced the joys (and tribulations) of parenthood.

While some parents may give their kids more freedom when they reach a certain age, the concern of approaching danger is still ever-present. You never stop worrying about what might happen to your children when you're not looking.

Adults have to make sure that anytime their kids engage in physical activities, they are properly geared up for their safety.

These same things were also taken into consideration by one Australian mum when she saw her son Jack suffer a near-death experience.

In an interview with Tiny Hearts Education, the mum shared her experience that nearly broke her heart forever; she saw her baby boy almost die when he was hit by a car while riding his bike to a cafe.

bf6caa161d42e31b251a70f20fefdcf3f15b13e7.jpg

One mum urged other parents and guardians to have their kids wear proper gear whenever they engage in physical activities such as cycling, sharing how her son's life was saved by a Kmart helmet. Credit: Credit: Facebook/Tiny Hearts Education.

The mum, who was still in a state of shock after seeing her son 'disappear' under a car, recalled: 'As he was approaching the driveway, I shouted "remember, we stop here and walk our bike in the carpark".'

'I feel like it was at that exact split second he didn’t stop, and before I knew it, I watched a red car hit my baby boy off his bike and he disappeared under it.'

'His head was in the front wheel and his body behind and I couldn’t get him out.'

The mum shared that she waved her hands and screamed in desperation at the car’s driver, who had no idea of the situation unfolding, to get him to reverse and save her son's life.

Instead, the car drove forward and ran straight over Jack’s head.

She shared: 'He drove, but he drove forward and he ran straight over Jack’s head.'

'I literally watched the tyre drive over my baby’s head.'

It was only when the car moved from his body that all logic left her and she ran to her son, screaming for help. However, little did she know that Jack would survive the near-death ordeal thanks to his biking gear.

She recalled that during all the commotion, she heard the loudest crack – that was Jack’s helmet being crushed by the car that had hit him – the same helmet she bought for him at Kmart for only $25 the day before the incident.

'At that exact moment, I thought my boy was going to die,' the mum said.

Paramedics soon arrived and took Jack to the hospital. It was there that doctors gave his parents the amazing news; he was physically fine and with no life-threatening injuries.

Upon learning the news, the mother was convinced that her act of buying her son a helmet was what ultimately saved his life.

'At this point I know I saved my baby’s life,' his mum said.

'Jack wearing a helmet literally saved his life.'

The mum now takes centre stage in raising awareness among parents about the importance of having their kids wear protective gear whenever they allow them to engage in physical activities.

Key Takeaways
  • An Australian mum recalled the terrifying moment her son almost died when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
  • She heard the 'loudest crack' as his helmet was crushed by the car.
  • The boy miraculously escaped any life-threatening injuries and had no brain damage.
  • The mother wants other parents to be aware of the dangers riding without a helmet can pose and says her son’s story should serve as a reminder to always be safe.

Members, this is a stark reminder that regardless of age, we need to be wary of accidents and need to be properly geared up whenever we do physical activities – be it cycling, walking, climbing, or any physical activity.

Always invest in safety, as it’s worth it in the long run and can save your life or the life of your loved ones.

Members, if you have any tips or stories to share about the importance of helmets, then please let us know in the comments below. And please, share this article with your friends and family - together, we can safeguard ourselves and loved ones from life-threatening accidents.

Sponsored
Glad he had on that helmet . I wonder how far away from his mother he was ?

He looks like he is only around 3 at the most. I would never let my kids ride their bikes more that me being able to grab them if needed. I was always concerned with driveways .

Looks like the driver couldn't see him , we all have blind spots .

If the driver reversed and hit the boy didn't the driver feel it ? I'm thinking not and with the mother screaming and waving hands I'm guessing the driver was confused.

How far was the boy from his mother ?

This is a warning not only to have helmets on your kids but to also stay next to them at all times , leave safe areas like parks to give the distance.

My daughter was 8 years old. January 1987 she was knocked off her bike by a bus. She suffered a broken collarbone and a handlebar went through her cheek requiring 16 stitches. About two weeks before this happened I bought her a bike helmet (new laws had just come in), and yes I was told that, the helmet saved her life.

All parents have a strong instinct to keep their kids safe. We're sure that most SDC members know how it feels to look after kids, ensuring that they are safe and sound whenever they go out and enjoy life — after all, many of you have experienced the joys (and tribulations) of parenthood.

While some parents may give their kids more freedom when they reach a certain age, the concern of approaching danger is still ever-present. You never stop worrying about what might happen to your children when you're not looking.

Adults have to make sure that anytime their kids engage in physical activities, they are properly geared up for their safety.

These same things were also taken into consideration by one Australian mum when she saw her son Jack suffer a near-death experience.

In an interview with Tiny Hearts Education, the mum shared her experience that nearly broke her heart forever; she saw her baby boy almost die when he was hit by a car while riding his bike to a cafe.

One mum urged other parents and guardians to have their kids wear proper gear whenever they engage in physical activities such as cycling, sharing how her son's life was saved by a Kmart helmet. Credit: Credit: Facebook/Tiny Hearts Education.

The mum, who was still in a state of shock after seeing her son 'disappear' under a car, recalled: 'As he was approaching the driveway, I shouted "remember, we stop here and walk our bike in the carpark".'

'I feel like it was at that exact split second he didn’t stop, and before I knew it, I watched a red car hit my baby boy off his bike and he disappeared under it.'

'His head was in the front wheel and his body behind and I couldn’t get him out.'

The mum shared that she waved her hands and screamed in desperation at the car’s driver, who had no idea of the situation unfolding, to get him to reverse and save her son's life.

She shared: 'He drove, but he drove forward and he ran straight over Jack’s head.'

It was only when the car moved from his body that all logic left her and she ran to her son, screaming for help. However, little did she know that Jack would survive the near-death ordeal thanks to his biking gear.

She recalled that during all the commotion, she heard the loudest crack – that was Jack’s helmet being crushed by the car that had hit him – the same helmet she bought for him at Kmart for only $25 the day before the incident.

Paramedics soon arrived and took Jack to the hospital. It was there that doctors gave his parents the amazing news; he was physically fine and with no life-threatening injuries.

Upon learning the news, the mother was convinced that her act of buying her son a helmet was what ultimately saved his life.

The mum now takes centre stage in raising awareness among parents about the importance of having their kids wear protective gear whenever they allow them to engage in physical activities.

Key Takeaways

• An Australian mum recalled the terrifying moment her son almost died when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
  • The boy miraculously escaped any life-threatening injuries and had no brain damage.
  • The mother wants other parents to be aware of the dangers riding without a helmet can pose and says her son’s story should serve as a reminder to always be safe.

Members, this is a stark reminder that regardless of age, we need to be wary of accidents and need to be properly geared up whenever we do physical activities – be it cycling, walking, climbing, or any physical activity.

Always invest in safety, as it’s worth it in the long run and can save your life or the life of your loved ones.

Members, if you have any tips or stories to share about the importance of helmets, then please let us know in the comments below. And please, share this article with your friends and family - together, we can safeguard ourselves and loved ones from life-threatening accidents.
Could not agree more. I shudder every time I go past someone (young and older) who are riding those electric scooters without any headgear. More accidents are going to happen; no doubt about that.

Key Takeaways

I can’t believe this is even necessary to say. Helmets are law and even little ones on little bikes should be wearing helmets because anything can happen at anytime. It drives me nuts when I see whole families out riding bikes and none of them wearing helmets. I am a nurse who has had to deal with the consequences of bike accidents. People have no commonsense these days. I’m so glad the little one is ok and his mum is such a responsible mum