15-Minute Puttanesca Pasta

In today's busy world, we are always looking for ways to save time. One way to do this is by simplifying our meals.

British food blogger James Wythe has taken to Instagram to share a healthy pasta recipe that can be made in just 15 minutes. This dish, which serves two, is packed with flavour and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!

The ingredients list for this dish is simple and includes items that you likely already have in your pantry and fridge such as spaghetti, olive oil, red onion, garlic cloves, baby tomatoes, olives, capers, tomatoes, and parsley.

The process is also hassle-free!

Credit: Instagram/@healthylivingjames

James starts by boiling the pasta, while he roughly dices the onion, garlic, and halves the tomatoes.

Next, he fries the ingredients in a non-stick pan with olive oil, adding a pinch of salt.

Once the veggies have softened, he then adds the olives, capers, and canned tomatoes.

The final step is to add the pasta to the sauce, along with a handful of freshly chopped parsley.

The video has gone viral on Instagram, garnering more than 1,440 likes and comments from astounded users.

One person wrote: "Stunning! My favourite dish, James."

"Yuuum I was waiting for this one," another added.

A third chimed in: "Absolute keeper. Great to make when left with tomatoes and no inspiration."

Others expressed their gratitude to James for initiating a 15-minute recipe series.

One woman wrote: "Love this 15-minute recipe! Reduce my fear of spending too much time in the kitchen."

"Thank you to all of you for sharing with us," another said.

"Just know that you make a big difference! Meal planning and ideas are something that I really struggle with and you really help! Thank you so much."

CYTsguPcqDZvx9qyseHDeVti1S6jCEF4jbV0MBxqT3rmzF6NNmIL59hWzCJJaGdneE5yw5aG-60cu_UihxSNAHd7cp-zcVtuuAgiqpIhVWSW0VQAtZzhYREoAmBADzHcc6mY_jHpcBFtRuDQ
cO3gkftqfSpcAhUFs-cnc6TnIgR2YJfdkhMXfn_IAuM7U_5tqmCKpPixg-dCkhmLD-QMgVWc1uxS49Ft5I3KzBd4Vg-hcklUY2xxoE54516Vn79nt8YzhhoprHJ9Us39pdnvBn_OXmtqFDyX

The recipe is part of James’ “15 Minute Dinners” series. Credit: Instagram/@healthyivingjames.

This dish is not only quick and easy to make, but it is also budget-friendly. So, the next time you're short on time or looking to save some money, give this 15-minute puttanesca pasta a try!

Are you looking forward to recreating this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

15-Minute Puttanesca Pasta

Ingredients:

▪️ 200g spaghetti (I used gluten-free)
▪️ 2 tbsp olive oil
▪️ 1 red onion
▪️ 3 garlic cloves
▪️ 100g baby tomatoes
▪️ 50g Kalamata olives (pitted weight), can be substituted with black olives
▪️ 20g capers
▪️ 1 can chopped tomatoes
▪️ handful of fresh parsley

Method:

1️. Firstly, place the pasta onto boil for 10-12 minutes
2️. Roughly dice the onion, garlic and halve the tomatoes
3️. Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil, add in the onion + garlic + tomatoes + pinch salt and fry for 2-3 minutes until they soften
4️. Now add in the chopped olives + capers + can of tomatoes, stir and simmer for 5-6 minutes
5️. Finally, add the pasta directly into the sauce along with a handful of freshly chopped parsley and stir until well combined

Source: Instagram/@healthyivingjames

Sponsored