“This is so mean!”: Mum’s “EVIL” foolproof hack to keep her son from getting up from his bed goes viral

“This is so mean!”: Mum’s “EVIL” foolproof hack to keep her son from getting up from his bed goes viral
A mum's viral foolproof trick for keeping her son from getting up from his bed during bedtime has received mixed reactions from other parents.

TikTok user Taylor posted a video showing her 'evil', genius sleep hack on the popular video-sharing platform.

The mum revealed that in order to keep her son from leaving his room, she simply places a life-size plastic goose outside his bedroom door since her son is terrified of geese.

TVdORUtR_UxDiAQ1dvd3eOhsfQEfrqRR-rlhCgf6NwrF28sWOGTGHS8s4ELy-kmU4QUNqJq7brmd3EVWD0_Etmqzy3QwxeQlknFho6ajAHX8ad6r7z6AUpcFUe1J-aMCLIeAjyk

The mum said that she simply places a life-size plastic goose outside her son’s bedroom door to prevent him from getting up his bed since her son is afraid of geese. Credit: TikTok.

The video then shows the son's horrified reaction when he opened the door and discovered the goose, immediately slamming the door instead of attempting to come out of the room.

The boy is so terrified that he immediately slams the door shut again.<i/>

A number of mums said that they will try the “cruel” hack for themselves amidst the criticism of others. Credit: TikTok.

Taylor's video has racked up over 1.3 million views.

Although other TikTok mums slammed the mum for her 'cruel' hack, a number of mums admitted that they would try the hack for themselves.

One mum wrote: “You’ve heard of Elf on the Shelf, now get ready for goose on the loose.”

“That is so fowl,” added another.

A third wrote: “That’s a terrible thing to do to your kids! And also … why didn’t I think of this?”

And another added: This is so mean … Where did you get it?”

What are your thoughts on this sleep hack? Is it harmless?

• Haha
Reactions: Fat&fancy
Sponsored
A mum's viral foolproof trick for keeping her son from getting up from his bed during bedtime has received mixed reactions from other parents.

TikTok user Taylor posted a video showing her 'evil', genius sleep hack on the popular video-sharing platform.

The mum revealed that in order to keep her son from leaving his room, she simply places a life-size plastic goose outside his bedroom door since her son is terrified of geese.

TVdORUtR_UxDiAQ1dvd3eOhsfQEfrqRR-rlhCgf6NwrF28sWOGTGHS8s4ELy-kmU4QUNqJq7brmd3EVWD0_Etmqzy3QwxeQlknFho6ajAHX8ad6r7z6AUpcFUe1J-aMCLIeAjyk

The mum said that she simply places a life-size plastic goose outside her son’s bedroom door to prevent him from getting up his bed since her son is afraid of geese. Credit: TikTok.

The video then shows the son's horrified reaction when he opened the door and discovered the goose, immediately slamming the door instead of attempting to come out of the room.

A number of mums said that they will try the “cruel” hack for themselves amidst the criticism of others. Credit: TikTok.

Although other TikTok mums slammed the mum for her 'cruel' hack, a number of mums admitted that they would try the hack for themselves.

One mum wrote: “You’ve heard of Elf on the Shelf, now get ready for goose on the loose.”

A third wrote: “That’s a terrible thing to do to your kids! And also … why didn’t I think of this?”

Great idea but I think she is setting her kids up for a lifetime of goose ridden anxiety!
My bet is they will eventually realise it's not real and it will be GAME OVER :ROFLMAO:

Oh dear. The poor child will be scarred and scared for life. When he was a small child in Italy, my husband was chased around and around a well by an angry goose who caught up with him and bit him. HARD. He was afraid of them forever after.

I think that is cruel and the child will develop of fear of possibly birds for the rest of its life.

Reactions: terryandcarol
Bit dramatic doing u think,?
I have to kill chickens as a child and that has turned me off chicken for life. So I don't think it is dramatic, small things like this leave a lasting impression as adults.:(

Reactions: Cheryllegs11

Good idea but whatever is wrong with just plain stern discipline with the occasional ruler smack??? Worked wonders with our kids who have turned out great with no issues to do with discipline!

This has so many psychological problems for the child. He may become afraid of closed doors, or someone/something behind the door. there are other ways that are safe and less damaging. Be informed through reading and help from child nurses/ doctor.

Reactions: Liz
I have to kill chickens as a child and that has turned me off chicken for life. So I don't think it is dramatic, small things like this leave a lasting impression as adults.:(
I can understand yr fear of chickens.but that didn't leave u in fear of all birds 🤔

This is so scary for a child . Surely the child would be crying, be too upset to sleep & keep calling for his mum.

Oh dear. The poor child will be scarred and scared for life. When he was a small child in Italy, my husband was chased around and around a well by an angry goose who caught up with him and bit him. HARD. He was afraid of them forever after.
Why shouldn't he be afraid of them as they do chase and bight you.