“This is a great tip!”: Professional cleaner exposes the hidden culprit that makes your kitchen smell

“This is a great tip!”: Professional cleaner exposes the hidden culprit that makes your kitchen smell
Have you ever caught yourself wondering why your kitchen still smells even though you have cleaned the whole thing?

If you've ever encountered this problem (or are still stressing over it), then you might want to consider reading on so you can understand this professional cleaner's revelation.

Melbourne entrepreneur and professional cleaner Kacie Stephens, who runs a cleaning business called The Big Clean Co, took to Tik Tok to share a video exposing the filthy gunk that is hiding in your kitchen sink.

Credit: Tik Tok/@thebigcleanco

Kacie explained that dirt, grime, and bacteria can build up beneath a plughole cover.

The video showed the professional cleaner unscrewing the top of her drain using a knife before lifting the cover to expose the filthy gunk lurking under her sink.

Kacie warned: “Is your kitchen sink a little smelly no matter how many chemicals you put down there? This might be why."

“Open it up and you’ll be able to see where all of that grime gets stuck.”

“No amount of chemicals - not even the holy grail of drain cleaning on the internet - bicarb and vinegar - down your sink will get rid of this and stop it from being smelly and move it down the drain.”

The professional cleaner then used a toothbrush and dishwashing liquid to remove the grime and to deodorise it.

TbjQpaaYiRVUGQGTZw_2wvd6nOQjV-1pl3cLlAf4_UMiS_fZjAPN5vdv0IcrddAthHqphEJUUc1Cf1s_SJTpYOeCeXOYtUfoY6uv-fGO2OHDspHrqA6Y36dIPFJNPKAj_gCLP_Q

Kacie used a knife to unscrew the top of her drain before unveiling the filthy gunk that was lurking beneath the plughole. Credit: Tik Tok/@thebigcleanco.

Kacie said: “Sometimes you gotta get in there and give it a deeper clean."

“Now you don’t need anything harsh with this. Just a little dishwashing liquid, scrub and put it back together.”

ElmqFzXfZN8pZWJ4vySHtFJv5MU-CLpNJn8XvaysfEoaFRFQ3a27Kn_MpVoGDYZj1Kvh3XQNSSf8fI8QHVLDEaICXlLYq5FV1M9LfefaTKaIrQtRXK9lZrk0APepOuW2IFSJ_DE

The professional cleaner then used a toothbrush and dishwashing liquid to clean and deodorise the drain. Credit: Tik Tok/@thebigcleanco.

The video made the rounds on social media, amassing more than 37,000 views across Kacie's Tik Tok and Instagram accounts.

The trick was also met with praises, with many saying that they would give this cleaning method a go.

One person wrote: “This is a great tip! We didn’t realise that part came off.”

Meanwhile, some people suggested that you need to keep the area under the sink clear in case the water leaks through after removing the sinkhole.

One person advised: “I understand this detaches the drain and sink from the pipe. So be careful to not just put the screw back but make sure the pipe is actually reconnected.”

"I swear this loosens the pipes and makes it leak?" asked one user.

Kacie was quick to respond to these claims by saying: “We haven’t found that to be true. Not all sinks come apart like this, these ones easily unscrew."

“If yours doesn’t easily unscrew - don’t force it or that is when you’ll detach it from the pipe.”

Do you know of any other sink-cleaning tips? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Reactions: Akira11
Sponsored
My plug hole isn’t like that and the smell comes from the drain so how do I stop the smell especially when it’s been raining like it is now and I have a slab house base

Just done mine it was gross I didn't know you could do that. I still did the bicarb & vinegar down the pipe ;)

Have you ever caught yourself wondering why your kitchen still smells even though you have cleaned the whole thing?

If you've ever encountered this problem (or are still stressing over it), then you might want to consider reading on so you can understand this professional cleaner's revelation.

Melbourne entrepreneur and professional cleaner Kacie Stephens, who runs a cleaning business called The Big Clean Co, took to Tik Tok to share a video exposing the filthy gunk that is hiding in your kitchen sink.

Credit: Tik Tok/@thebigcleanco

Kacie explained that dirt, grime, and bacteria can build up beneath a plughole cover.

The video showed the professional cleaner unscrewing the top of her drain using a knife before lifting the cover to expose the filthy gunk lurking under her sink.

Kacie warned: “Is your kitchen sink a little smelly no matter how many chemicals you put down there? This might be why."

“Open it up and you’ll be able to see where all of that grime gets stuck.”

“No amount of chemicals - not even the holy grail of drain cleaning on the internet - bicarb and vinegar - down your sink will get rid of this and stop it from being smelly and move it down the drain.”

The professional cleaner then used a toothbrush and dishwashing liquid to remove the grime and to deodorise it.

TbjQpaaYiRVUGQGTZw_2wvd6nOQjV-1pl3cLlAf4_UMiS_fZjAPN5vdv0IcrddAthHqphEJUUc1Cf1s_SJTpYOeCeXOYtUfoY6uv-fGO2OHDspHrqA6Y36dIPFJNPKAj_gCLP_Q

Kacie used a knife to unscrew the top of her drain before unveiling the filthy gunk that was lurking beneath the plughole. Credit: Tik Tok/@thebigcleanco.

Kacie said: “Sometimes you gotta get in there and give it a deeper clean."

“Now you don’t need anything harsh with this. Just a little dishwashing liquid, scrub and put it back together.”

ElmqFzXfZN8pZWJ4vySHtFJv5MU-CLpNJn8XvaysfEoaFRFQ3a27Kn_MpVoGDYZj1Kvh3XQNSSf8fI8QHVLDEaICXlLYq5FV1M9LfefaTKaIrQtRXK9lZrk0APepOuW2IFSJ_DE

The professional cleaner then used a toothbrush and dishwashing liquid to clean and deodorise the drain. Credit: Tik Tok/@thebigcleanco.

The video made the rounds on social media, amassing more than 37,000 views across Kacie's Tik Tok and Instagram accounts.

The trick was also met with praises, with many saying that they would give this cleaning method a go.

One person wrote: “This is a great tip! We didn’t realise that part came off.”

Meanwhile, some people suggested that you need to keep the area under the sink clear in case the water leaks through after removing the sinkhole.

One person advised: “I understand this detaches the drain and sink from the pipe. So be careful to not just put the screw back but make sure the pipe is actually reconnected.”

"I swear this loosens the pipes and makes it leak?" asked one user.

Kacie was quick to respond to these claims by saying: “We haven’t found that to be true. Not all sinks come apart like this, these ones easily unscrew."

“If yours doesn’t easily unscrew - don’t force it or that is when you’ll detach it from the pipe.”

Do you know of any other sink-cleaning tips? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

I have done this for years. Check out your showers plug holes too. Have you ever thought about cleaning your washing machine filters and if your machine has an agitator in the middle it collects so much grime etc. You will be amazed at the black grimey dirt on there. It's usually quite easy to take apart. Also the other areas of your wasing machine. We think that because it's a washing machine that it must be clean, wrong !!. When you next empty your vaccumn cleaner wash the container in hot soapy water that catches all the hair, dirt, and grime. Don't forget your pets brush and grooming tools.