“Nailed it!”, Aussies share their hilarious Christmas gingerbread masterpieces

Of course, Christmas would not be complete without the much-loved tradition of cooking and making gingerbread houses!

Whether it’s the Coles Gingerbread Houses or Aldi’s Gingerbread Trains, they always look so easy when buying the kit. However, the real challenge lies when you’re assembling them…

That’s exactly what happened to some shoppers who posted their hilarious gingerbread ‘masterpieces’ on social media.

pxi7eHfR7lvuJT2NgXnmUoqEuPML4NPKnXy4__gSBY-Cyf5jCqORhDdP0f9hreekm4-xHZ2Fs_NqfjeM7MqRSA0htBTd1mVQWcha0e-HaTCzI3PSOCUVWbjqY8Ap1fkH-KTsvS8Q

Photo from Facebook.

In a Facebook post, one Aldi shopper shared a photo of her attempt at the DIY gingerbread train, saying, “Yep….we nailed it! I would love to see others who’ve attempted this.”

Her post sparked a series of posts from others who joined in her humour and also shared their perfectly imperfect gingerbread creations.

“You did a lot better than my Coles gingerbread house, but it gave us all a good laugh…” said one person.

“We tried it last year, and it was an absolute train wreck. I’d always done the houses, and they were great, but the train… never again,” wrote another. “We just started eating it before we’d even completely finished cause it looked so bad!”

“Mine didn't even make it to this stage #crumblecity,” joked another person who also shared their ‘masterpiece’.

EpJQIA_Tuze8DHAIsSi7ZCA9FPjNhYGe2B3EnTQ1454FUNCT_GbSJvUPWH8HVbPG6I9KV1sjS2U42bw4-JIK4Sx3Iv5vqC1EX8FzxAjT0CXBcHYqsg9QSzN9WHAm5g6qKLyIfMSL

Photo from Facebook.

More people commented with stories of their gingerbread cooking fails.

Some shared that their gingerbread had collapsed walls, some had biscuit walls that were half-eaten, and some even admitted to adding a chocolate dinosaur on top just to salvage the efforts.

But despite the Christmas cooking disasters, most people who saw the series of Facebook posts agreed that it wasn’t about perfect results. What’s more important is the laughs and festive fun they have shared with the people they make the houses and trains with.

“The best, most enjoyable ones are those done with kids! Choo Choo!” wrote one mum.

“This post is the best entertainment in the world. I have just truly loved seeing all your efforts and stories, especially the eaten projects. Well done to all. Very funny,” said another.

6WKYpxR_yZsAX7MNGGRIT0_AuePDtLnZVYr8oH31p8dyYSqw74Qy-3vwsssWCxKHz8T7og1BBb0rjDwOoawksFA8HfMeN9gNWK-JjqBNOTG_mm6k1eCyI-y7wArm4eaf28wHdIxi

Photo from Facebook.

But of course, it’s not all collapsed houses and wonky trains! Some people shared their seriously amazing work that many would not believe were from the same ingredients.

There are also those who went the extra mile for their gingerbread creations, such as adding chocolate Santas behind the train wheel, adding different candies as decorations, and even embellishing the wheels with Oreo biscuit ornaments.

Some gingerbread making pros also shared their tips on how to get it right every time.

The first tip is never to let the gingerbread houses go inside the fridge, even if you are trying to set the icing. According to them, the temperature will make the gingerbread soft.

They also suggested whipping up your own stronger form of icing to hold the gingerbread pieces together better.

“I used melted/heated sugar from a pan to connect the pieces instead of the icing! It sets instantly, and it's stickier. Works a treat!” shared by one person.

TlAAyG5HXPls9EimvbRY7hsDJqsR8nXUppDU5fEwjNHdLpOIeArVVcIKzVxZ1m45SeOMVpmuON2J4gad_i-x-cSKAbb7_LkUGnGdXXEErSEmeN9oRPEeTchikzbjwbGRXXMM0kJl

Photos from Facebook.

These gingerbread ‘masterpieces’ are so cute and hilarious! Did you make them with your loved ones too? Share some photos with us down in the comments below!

Reactions: Fat&fancy
Sponsored
“Nailed it!”, Aussies share their hilarious Christmas gingerbread masterpieces

Of course, Christmas would not be complete without the much-loved tradition of cooking and making gingerbread houses!

Whether it’s the Coles Gingerbread Houses or Aldi’s Gingerbread Trains, they always look so easy when buying the kit. However, the real challenge lies when you’re assembling them…

That’s exactly what happened to some shoppers who posted their hilarious gingerbread ‘masterpieces’ on social media.

pxi7eHfR7lvuJT2NgXnmUoqEuPML4NPKnXy4__gSBY-Cyf5jCqORhDdP0f9hreekm4-xHZ2Fs_NqfjeM7MqRSA0htBTd1mVQWcha0e-HaTCzI3PSOCUVWbjqY8Ap1fkH-KTsvS8Q

Photo from Facebook.

In a Facebook post, one Aldi shopper shared a photo of her attempt at the DIY gingerbread train, saying, “Yep….we nailed it! I would love to see others who’ve attempted this.”

Her post sparked a series of posts from others who joined in her humour and also shared their perfectly imperfect gingerbread creations.

“You did a lot better than my Coles gingerbread house, but it gave us all a good laugh…” said one person.

“We tried it last year, and it was an absolute train wreck. I’d always done the houses, and they were great, but the train… never again,” wrote another. “We just started eating it before we’d even completely finished cause it looked so bad!”

“Mine didn't even make it to this stage #crumblecity,” joked another person who also shared their ‘masterpiece’.

EpJQIA_Tuze8DHAIsSi7ZCA9FPjNhYGe2B3EnTQ1454FUNCT_GbSJvUPWH8HVbPG6I9KV1sjS2U42bw4-JIK4Sx3Iv5vqC1EX8FzxAjT0CXBcHYqsg9QSzN9WHAm5g6qKLyIfMSL

Photo from Facebook.

More people commented with stories of their gingerbread cooking fails.

Some shared that their gingerbread had collapsed walls, some had biscuit walls that were half-eaten, and some even admitted to adding a chocolate dinosaur on top just to salvage the efforts.

But despite the Christmas cooking disasters, most people who saw the series of Facebook posts agreed that it wasn’t about perfect results. What’s more important is the laughs and festive fun they have shared with the people they make the houses and trains with.

“The best, most enjoyable ones are those done with kids! Choo Choo!” wrote one mum.

“This post is the best entertainment in the world. I have just truly loved seeing all your efforts and stories, especially the eaten projects. Well done to all. Very funny,” said another.

6WKYpxR_yZsAX7MNGGRIT0_AuePDtLnZVYr8oH31p8dyYSqw74Qy-3vwsssWCxKHz8T7og1BBb0rjDwOoawksFA8HfMeN9gNWK-JjqBNOTG_mm6k1eCyI-y7wArm4eaf28wHdIxi

Photo from Facebook.

But of course, it’s not all collapsed houses and wonky trains! Some people shared their seriously amazing work that many would not believe were from the same ingredients.

There are also those who went the extra mile for their gingerbread creations, such as adding chocolate Santas behind the train wheel, adding different candies as decorations, and even embellishing the wheels with Oreo biscuit ornaments.

Some gingerbread making pros also shared their tips on how to get it right every time.

The first tip is never to let the gingerbread houses go inside the fridge, even if you are trying to set the icing. According to them, the temperature will make the gingerbread soft.

They also suggested whipping up your own stronger form of icing to hold the gingerbread pieces together better.

“I used melted/heated sugar from a pan to connect the pieces instead of the icing! It sets instantly, and it's stickier. Works a treat!” shared by one person.

TlAAyG5HXPls9EimvbRY7hsDJqsR8nXUppDU5fEwjNHdLpOIeArVVcIKzVxZ1m45SeOMVpmuON2J4gad_i-x-cSKAbb7_LkUGnGdXXEErSEmeN9oRPEeTchikzbjwbGRXXMM0kJl

Photos from Facebook.

These gingerbread ‘masterpieces’ are so cute and hilarious! Did you make them with your loved ones too? Share some photos with us down in the comments below!
Found this one LOL

Attachments

• Ginger.jpg
    Ginger.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: mikki