“My Aussie accent does me dirty”: Hilarious video of an Australian woman pronouncing everyday wine names has gone viral online

“My Aussie accent does me dirty”: Hilarious video of an Australian woman pronouncing everyday wine names has gone viral online
It’s no secret that we always have a way to shorten words for our everyday vocabulary. Whether it’s afternoon to arvo, sausage to snag or good day to g’day.

One Tik Tok user has exposed this Aussie behaviour by sharing a video of her trying her hand at pronouncing everyday wines that Australians have been pronouncing wrong.

Credit: Tik Tok/@tiffanykrylov

A Melbourne wine fan, Tiffany Krylov, posted a hilarious clip of her pronouncing the names of everyday wines in an Australian accent, claiming: "French words and Australian accents just aren’t meant to be with each other I’m sorry.”

"My Australian accent really does me dirty here," she said.

The hilarious video, which Tiffany appropriately titled "Pronouncing things: Wine Edition", garnered over 22,000 views from Aussies and international Tik Tok users.

So, what are some of the everyday wine names that Aussies have been pronouncing wrong?

xyn_P7xAxuLcMXgG0_wFOg5mOj-IoAK39ovKITx5aS3Alh-Wk1mjJvYA4YIC9NcvlsVa49sCRr0IVzzmoOMi1ED7sfLlWrXbDlGTwwiM9XifON7AuViLv9IRRqAqPFK1_9-vwy8

Melbourne wine fan Tiffany Krylove exposed Aussies for pronouncing the names of everyday wines wrong in a hilarious Tik Tok video. Credit: Tik Tok/@Tiffany Krylove.

Tiffany started with pronouncing sauvignon blanc, attempting a slight French accent before pronouncing it like a typical Aussie.

"A glass of sav," she said smiling after attempting to pronounce it correctly.

She then tried to pronounce 'cabernet sauvignon' before saying, “we don’t even try and say the full thing, this is just a cab sav”.

_N4go3IDpBhy9dwl1YSMg6w_BEzWIm-_4R4UXEVU3UWSs_k7NK3JKMX9oKo9bn5EiLXoOGiCONLXBbFJ0SeWeq9oq8v7E5oE2-fKxEphmApdCGf_czkV7LPdUxHweqpzCG3wPds

Tiffany said that Aussies would rather come up with a shortened version of wine names instead of trying to pronounce it correctly. Credit: Tik Tok/@Tiffany Krylove.

Next, she pointed out how Aussies have a tendency to pronounce the common sweet wine moscato as 'mosquito', leaving her viewers in hysterics.

One viewer wrote: “I work in a bottle-o and once had someone ask me for a bottle of mosquito.”

The two wine names that Tiffany tried to pronounce next are chardonnay and pinot noir — both of which she believed Aussies rarely pronounce correctly, saying their shortened versions "chardy" and "pino".

The video has gained traction from both Aussies and international viewers, with many saying that the pronunciations have left them in fits of laughter.

One Tik Tok user wrote: “It’s ‘savvy b’."

“Tiff what about the goon,” another said.

Tiffany told 7Life: “I’ve always loved learning about wines and I just found it amusing that even though I’m fairly educated about them I’m still like a lot of other Aussies and completely butcher their pronunciations."

“So I decided to film the video to poke some fun at us but also try to educate people about the correct pronunciations at the same time… try to make us all sound a little fancier.”

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fat&fancy
Sponsored
My favourite is Moet champagne - which most Aussies pronounce "Mo-eee" like the Victorian town 😂

hey ...guess what...we are aussie , not french. im sorry, i dont speak with a french accent, probably cause im not french but ill still drink thier booze.... i wonder how the french say chunder?

• Haha
Reactions: Fat&fancy
hey ...guess what...we are aussie , not french. im sorry, i dont speak with a french accent, probably cause im not french but ill still drink thier booze.... i wonder how the french say chunder?
chunder — vomir (French / français)Régurgiter le contenu de l'estomac.