“Life-changing!”: Food blogger shares ‘CORRECT’ way of cutting capsicums with ‘NEARLY ZERO WASTE’

“Life-changing!”: Food blogger shares ‘CORRECT’ way of cutting capsicums with ‘NEARLY ZERO WASTE’
Capsicums are a staple ingredient in many Aussie dishes.

If you are one of those people who struggle to cut this vegetable, then you might want to keep reading to learn more about a 'nearly zero waste' capsicum cutting hack shared by an Aussie food blogger.

Mum-to-be Leah Itsines has once again gone viral for her food preparation hacks.

The food blogger, who also went viral for sharing her hacks for cutting mangoes and squeezing lemons, took to Tik Tok to share a new hack for cutting capsicums.

Leah said that this is her first time trying the hack, testing it personally to show her followers that the trick actually works.

yQV93YcaRweaueLji_Jq1mK4buzC3D8wy8pSdVjiv0Zp8BNBrkahaDbU1uSHCMRKb_NpYLesLy0R6rCH3MA4Xm45sW2YMXGL0ym3ZvsA1zwSZhbpkroJ2qyGh-c2Hz-sgtrLiAc

Aussie food blogger Leah Itsines shared a ‘correct’ way of cutting capsicums, assuring her followers that this trick will allow them to cut the veggie with ‘nearly zero waste’. Credit: TikTok/@leahitsines.

“Today we are testing what may be useless TikTok hacks but we will figure it out very very soon,” the food blogger said.

The food blogger grabbed a capsicum and cut it in a traditional way, showing how much of the flesh was being cut off and how difficult scooping the seeds out can be.

Leah said: “So this is how to cut a capsicum better. Instead of cutting like this.”

She then took a new capsicum and cut it the "correct" way.

“So in the split, you’re going to put your knife all the way down and follow it along. Go again, on all sides,” the mum-to-be said.

Then she sliced the sections off the stalk before separating the remaining sections.

The video then showed that a single bit of flesh with the seeds attached and the green stalk was all that's left.

Leah chuckled: “That is very epic, well done TikTok.”

Hw4ybFO2ujNfeRuwaZMVzTrMTE4zx7rN9Lc8LTudHqxe2Iho3HtWB6b6fE5tOGjoSs7OOHPLpActogA9K1g3wNfMXddb-s3qodjG0_JhBrBKE0sNVzV2dpB4xaKgbbp-YCudTmk

The mum-to-be said that she wanted to try the hack herself so she can show her followers that it actually works. Credit: leahitsines.com.au.

The trick left the TikTok community astounded, with many saying that they will be trying the hack for themselves.

One user wrote, tagging her friends in the comment: “How do you cut your capsicums? Because I do it the 1st way and will now totally follow the hack haha.”

Another added: “Life-changing.”

“How on earth did I not know this before?” a third wrote.

Do you know of any other veggie cutting hacks? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
"life changing"??? Really??? Must have a very small and boring life, and entertained by small inconsequential things.
Push the stem, twist and pull - then you have a clean capsicum you can cut up as you wish - if it matters that much to you.
Please stop putting this rubbish in our feeds SDC.

"life changing"??? Really??? Must have a very small and boring life, and entertained by small inconsequential things.
Push the stem, twist and pull - then you have a clean capsicum you can cut up as you wish - if it matters that much to you.
Oh dear......that is a bit harsh don't you think Faye. Actually, thanks to you I have just discovered how to do it.....so thank you, I am going to try your method today.

Oh dear......that is a bit harsh don't you think Faye. Actually, thanks to you I have just discovered how to do it.....so thank you, I am going to try your method today.
Can’t agree more with you, Dot, that was very harsh from a member here.
As for cutting up capsicums 🫑 or red,
I cut them up differently every time 🤣

Reactions: Ricci
That was very harsh.
You can always scroll on by.
You may be surprised to hear some young or not young people have no idea how cut up capsicums or other vegetables or fruits.
May be no correct way as everyone has a different way of doing by things.
Myself I cut up a capsicum differently every time. 😁

Reactions: Dot and Ricci