“I really look like him, don’t I?”, beauty procedure leaves mum looking like Mr Bean

The quest for beauty isn’t always a smooth-sailing one. Sometimes, it makes us look amazing. Other times, we can be left looking like our favourite comedian, Mr Bean.

And that was exactly what happened to UK mum Sarah Donnelly who shared the results of her recent beauty procedure on TikTok.

Sarah went to have her eyebrows “laminated” - a procedure in which eyebrow hairs are “permed” using a chemical solution for a fuller, more even look. But she was laughingly left in shock by the result.

As her video shows, Sarah’s eyebrows were indeed ‘eye-catching’.

“I can’t stop laughing at them,” she said as she recorded the video in her car after the procedure.

“I look ridiculous! What have I done to myself?”

“I don’t know whether I want to laugh or cry.”

The clip was captioned: “I was trying to keep up with the kids, so I got my brows laminated, and this happened.”

sjHX7FGFJrOag6hOaRmcVl_1GlpVFAqkO8mJtIkA27tcjBfCjmKCeHkMIwtGHiYpqY20vQEXrSoq1w-pbRcX9x06M2zJJTum_hF8J_J7QCbpdaTjbKNIl_4VYVZc0quIhPBKrf-S

Sarah called her eyebrows her ‘slugs’. Photos from TikTok.
One follower compared her bushy brows to Rowan Atkinson’s famous comic character, Mr Bean.

“Hilarious! I look like him, don’t I?” Donnelly replied.

The TikTok has gone viral, attracting 664,000 views, 36,200 likes, and more than 1,700 comments.

Luckily, she was able to see the humorous side of the situation and never took offence from the comments.

Most users agreed the lamination itself was not the problem, but the dark tint used on Donnelly, a blonde-haired woman.

Other users who went through the same situation encouraged her to endure and wait a few days. The tint would fade, and the brows would look less extreme.

“In a couple of days, these will look epic,” one woman reassured her.

“Lamination is the ultimate trust-the-process!”

“They’re meant to be big and fluffy; that’s the whole point,” another wrote in the comments.

GslhPlTRSHqW269dGZKEjfi26T1ULqfRs_PMpG-T4DnoMYAhd3tdFEGv-Xr0wIewZPDM36wuNO5LKLFjEF9mwXx9ino3rZ3gofjHbmL9__3VoXdKsNV6CtN1GWNOS-qQojPwH_g7

In Australia, the average cost for an eyebrow lamination procedure is between $85 and $140, depending on the clinic. Photo retrieved from The House of Wellness.

Sponsored
Oh dear! I have seen others (friends) that were nearing on Dark Brown or Black straight after having had brows done, all had light hair mind you. Fortunately their 'man brows' DID calm down to at least a passable hue if not believable, but then I don't think 'reality' is the aim in beauty procedures & make-up these days. One of my friends was told to use a cream cleanser on them until she achieved the shade she actually wanted! Isn't that what she paid for in first place? Seems not, according to girl who did the job. The cream cleanser did lighten them slightly but not enough for her to feel confident to leave the house. Hell if that was me with the Bean Brows I would be back in the place that created the darn things & demanding they fix their disaster on my face! Glad she can laugh whilst crying at same time though - THAT I can relate to.

I really want to have my eyebrows done but stories like this are exactly why i wont! I'm terrified of this happening to me