“He made it!”: Golden Coast daredevil leaps between rooftops of two buildings

A Surfer's Paradise daredevil's stunt has left onlookers’ jaws dropped as he jumped across two buildings with a 5m gap and a 12m drop.

The heart-stopping act was caught on camera and has made the rounds on social media.

In the video, filmed by onlookers from the 39th floor of the Chevron Mantra on the Gold Coast, the man was seen estimating the distance he had to leap and how much elevation he needed to make it safely across the other building.

0ISF14-bZeooVzx44hgeO-PuoQswt_dG1F-Ii89pTzVOihRgwOul_eWwUovuxKr5cU_l2eV4bojeaf-41cS2bBv7XFv7MN-CyB4HCscT1u75UXkG7BbBc95lEB0WTDcedvx4pqs

The man estimated the distance he had to leap and how much elevation he needed to make it safely across the other building while warming himself up. Credit: Facebook.

The man then warmed himself up, bouncing up and down and kicking his legs back and forth.

Another man can also be seen in the video, watching the daredevil anxiously as he prepared himself for the life-threatening stunt.

The man then walked to the other edge of the roof of the building he was on — about 18 m across — before taking off for what could have been the last leap he’d ever make.

Fortunately, the man successfully made it across the building — barely reaching the other side and rolling a couple of times before getting up to make his way back to the building he jumped from.

m0Ar_-2KkqMuihZ13-4gUiQJIJIDwrsByDB2tbtOv4L1MYbq3xQWQvfEB6K1GDfRS5DvqrZ_AIRcOv05gUH1-FCpLv7RItCnsOOFJNlFJc1S8M45MrqI3ePLgVhi5TSGMrC98fw

The man jumped across the two buildings which have a 5m gap and 12m drop. Credit: Facebook.

‘Oh my God!’ one voice can be heard saying in the video.

‘He made it!’ two voices from behind the camera exclaimed.

One Facebook user expressed his anxiety, writing: 'Omg I felt sick watching it.'

To which the woman who posted the video replied with: 'oh don’t worry my heart sank also when he jumped!!! I was getting ready to call an ambulance.'

WP5SgQo912ucB2e4fi9A70c3P-xb4dyPAb3qZhvSM0QPEoRrt4xMFLXvWoLCte14NQq-ouW2gnD7MiEW7hcjcMc5G619e87KGd1EIC1SNFrE8aqv_zy4D24wNZ7-sekFJssRJAM

The daredevil barely made it across, rolling a couple of times before getting up to go back to the building he jumped from. Credit: Facebook.

It is understood that Queensland Police are currently investigating the stunt.

It is also understood that the video has been taken down from Facebook to ensure that others would not attempt to replicate the life-threatening act.

Sponsored
A Surfer's Paradise daredevil's stunt has left onlookers’ jaws dropped as he jumped across two buildings with a 5m gap and a 12m drop.

The heart-stopping act was caught on camera and has made the rounds on social media.

In the video, filmed by onlookers from the 39th floor of the Chevron Mantra on the Gold Coast, the man was seen estimating the distance he had to leap and how much elevation he needed to make it safely across the other building.

0ISF14-bZeooVzx44hgeO-PuoQswt_dG1F-Ii89pTzVOihRgwOul_eWwUovuxKr5cU_l2eV4bojeaf-41cS2bBv7XFv7MN-CyB4HCscT1u75UXkG7BbBc95lEB0WTDcedvx4pqs

The man estimated the distance he had to leap and how much elevation he needed to make it safely across the other building while warming himself up. Credit: Facebook.

The man then warmed himself up, bouncing up and down and kicking his legs back and forth.

Another man can also be seen in the video, watching the daredevil anxiously as he prepared himself for the life-threatening stunt.

The man then walked to the other edge of the roof of the building he was on — about 18 m across — before taking off for what could have been the last leap he’d ever make.

Fortunately, the man successfully made it across the building — barely reaching the other side and rolling a couple of times before getting up to make his way back to the building he jumped from.

m0Ar_-2KkqMuihZ13-4gUiQJIJIDwrsByDB2tbtOv4L1MYbq3xQWQvfEB6K1GDfRS5DvqrZ_AIRcOv05gUH1-FCpLv7RItCnsOOFJNlFJc1S8M45MrqI3ePLgVhi5TSGMrC98fw

The man jumped across the two buildings which have a 5m gap and 12m drop. Credit: Facebook.

‘Oh my God!’ one voice can be heard saying in the video.

‘He made it!’ two voices from behind the camera exclaimed.

One Facebook user expressed his anxiety, writing: 'Omg I felt sick watching it.'

To which the woman who posted the video replied with: 'oh don’t worry my heart sank also when he jumped!!! I was getting ready to call an ambulance.'

WP5SgQo912ucB2e4fi9A70c3P-xb4dyPAb3qZhvSM0QPEoRrt4xMFLXvWoLCte14NQq-ouW2gnD7MiEW7hcjcMc5G619e87KGd1EIC1SNFrE8aqv_zy4D24wNZ7-sekFJssRJAM

The daredevil barely made it across, rolling a couple of times before getting up to go back to the building he jumped from. Credit: Facebook.

It is understood that Queensland Police are currently investigating the stunt.

It is also understood that the video has been taken down from Facebook to ensure that others would not attempt to replicate the life-threatening act.
One of the many reasons that women outlive men

Hopefully no one reading this newsletter would feel like trying this stunt ! Good on facebook for removing the video !

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
I don't think these idiots need publicity to encourage someone else to try and copycat. Good on Facebook for removing it.

I think calling "000" when the jump started would be better then filming it. Think of those below if he had missed.