“Check your fresh produce”, Aldi shopper warns fellow customers after discovering a scary critter in her veggies

One woman has divided shoppers’ opinions online after she shared a photo of the horrifying discovery that arose from her groceries.

mDxmet6AL-msYmY00MvT3OriszcU2C6CTC4DfSgmD0ggOnOuFtYf85SeWy3RnfMv27Wxf92OQsS6O02RJnTS1JTc-Whl0jI5hXXR8biJ-4dS7HPzL1v7P3fir8MoYyGHa63Fcxu7

An Aldi shopper discovered a live critter in her grocery buy. Credit: Aldi.

In a popular Facebook group, Chloe advised fellow shoppers to “check their fresh produce” because she found a live scorpion in a head of broccoli they had bought from Aldi.

“My father-in-law bought a head of broccoli from the Ulladulla store today,” she recalled. “After I had cut it up and started cooking it, I realised something was crawling around my chopping board.”

Then the mum shared a photo of the brown scorpion that apparently crawled out onto her chopping board while she was preparing dinner.

“It turns out a scorpion was living in the broccoli. My father-in-law is going into the store tomorrow to let them know.”

Chloe’s post gained a ton of attention from fellow Facebook group members, with some even calling the incident a ‘nightmare’.

“Oh my god, what!? Do we even have scorpions in Australia?” said one mum. “How terrifying!”

“Hell no. That’s a big, big no for me. I would have nightmares,” said another.

However, some commenters seemed much less phased by the critters presence, arguing that the fact the creature decided to hang out in the broccoli is an indication that the vegetables are indeed fresh!

“At least you know they don’t use pesticides,” wrote one member. “No pesticides means we are going to get the occasional bug.”

Others advised that it’s better to always thoroughly wash your fruits and vegetables to avoid any unexpected ‘visitors’.

Meanwhile, a few members saw the humour in the situation and said that she should keep the scorpion as a pet, instead.

“Apparently people pay hundreds for scorpions as pets, so you might make some cash,” said one member.

x5tY58fefKSJPtfPma8Nx8utS6izGqYIU0MluDGh7H_3lbcsl8AYgc3JJExQg3J2xmDo1BZaq1Z7x-37JlxD-t3n1j1Mpo_x2EVj_E0FnRZz8ig-2jZbwyeOCN2E0wGNwPbIIHQP

The scorpion came crawling out of the broccoli. Credit: Facebook.

A spokesperson for Aldi has issued a statement regarding the scorpion incident.

“We strongly encourage customers to bring issues to our attention directly so we can review,” they said.

“Without contact with the customer, we can confirm that it is very unusual and that this broccoli hitchhiker isn’t where they belong - which is likely back on our Aussie producers’ farm.”

Thankfully the scorpion didn’t harm anyone in Chloe’s family! If, like her, you accidentally bring home an unwelcome visitor during your Aldi grocery shop, make sure to contact their Help Centre.

On the other hand, if you’re suddenly fascinated by scorpions, check out this video we found explaining the fact that these little creatures aren’t as scary as you might think, and may even just be misunderstood!

Credit: Save A Life

Reactions: Ricci and KatKop
Sponsored
When we're realistic...all fruits and veg grow in the ground, outside on trees, etc...and part of nature to pollinate are all the bugs, and of course the things that eat them......rather than be surprised, we should watch out for 🐛 🐸🪱🪰🦟🦂🪳🕷🦗🐞🪲🐝🐜 etc...as they will all be in there one day or another....😁