“Absolutely brilliant!”: One woman’s INEXPENSIVE, HASSLE-FREE Christmas lights hack goes viral on Facebook

“Absolutely brilliant!”: One woman’s INEXPENSIVE, HASSLE-FREE Christmas lights hack goes viral on Facebook
I'm sure that most of us here at the SDC can agree that untangling Christmas lights is a chore that we don't want to deal with during the holiday season. The task is a struggle for the majority of people as they decorate their homes for the festivities (which we can relate to).

If you're looking for an inexpensive hassle-free tip for storing Christmas lights when celebrations are over, then you might want to keep reading to learn more about the "absolutely brilliant" hack that one Aussie woman shared on social media.

One woman has made the rounds on Facebook after she shared her handy hack for compactly storing Christmas lights.

ljcNLmjQ26_7B9PN-gM6aHO-IXvKkJ5vgBqAa0_8eBhWKMBWpyLhoNx_dW0ECindmTDu-BQuOy1sOcDEasUXSwGr5M0yeOEszIzmosWJh8QdxCBVigbRqrpUlRfWxa2X813u_9E

An Aussie woman’s Christmas lights storing hack made the rounds on Facebook, with many calling the idea “absolutely brilliant”. Credit: Facebook.

The post featured a photo of her Christmas lights tightly wrapped around a plastic coat hanger along with the caption: "How I store my Christmas lights".

The woman wrote: “I stumbled across this idea a few years back and it saves my sanity every year.”

So, how does the hack work?

The woman uses a coat hanger with two open sections at each end, allowing the lights to slot in perfectly as you wrap them around it for storage.

The hack works as effectively when untangling the lights and unravelling them onto the Christmas tree.

The post, which amassed 3.4k likes and over 500 comments, was met with praises from Facebook users, with many calling the hack "an amazing idea".

One user wrote: “This is so smart! I had the untangling fight on the weekend.”

“Amazing. If only I knew a simple coat hanger could’ve solved all the frustration from untangling the lights over the weekend. Guess what we will be doing when the lights come down,” added another.

Added a third: “Love it! Hubby & I were trying to come up with ideas for this same predicament today, the best we got was a 1.25ltr soft drink bottle. Great better idea!”

Others said that they have not thought of using coathangers before but had tried using pieces of cardboard and plastic bottles.

The woman, who was shocked by the positive feedback she received from fellow Facebook users, edited her post to express her gratitude to those who praised her hack.

She wrote: “I'm glad so many of you like this idea. Thank you for all the lovely comments, they made my day.”

Meanwhile, a number of users shared their best Christmas lights storing hacks.

kuNPkSyrnyOWnfaM9cKwfnS7Z17Mq5IMAnRa8hBZWyaPPaZy-uIeHyUGLY9CtlZZlMT2a4ftPMOp3XvQ3XeRyNOTMoYy1QVoa72NdAvd0Ot_y3-jh7XsMyG3MrzYhts6YOJOv_0

One user suggested that using a strip of cardboard or old cable rolls for storing Christmas lights also works. Credit: Facebook.

One user wrote: “We do the same with a strip of cardboard. Wind it around, cut some slits in the end to hold each end. Sanity saver.”

“Bonus hack! Hide all the Chrissy presents in the Christmas tree box when you put the Christmas tree up. Kids never think to look there,” she added.

Another suggested: “I buy my lights in those plastic boxes with clip-on lids from Bunnings so it’s easy storage but this is a good idea.”

Others said that using a fishing line canister or old cable rolls can also do the trick.

So, once the festivities are over and you need to store your Christmas decorations, you know what to keep on hand — the humble coat hanger!

Do you know of any other hacks for storing Christmas lights and other decorations? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Reactions: Peppa
Sponsored