‘What the…’ Is this the weirdest purchase ever made at Woolworths?

Imagine this: You’re standing in line at the supermarket, minding your own business as you wait for your turn to unload your groceries onto the conveyor belt. But then you see the person in front and you notice the weird assortment of items they put in their trolley, and you can’t help but wonder: What on Earth are they going to do with them?

While it is certainly none of our business, it does leave us feeling curious and baffled at the same time.

Such was the case for this former Woolies staff member who revealed the ‘weirdest’ purchase he ever saw made at his register.

The former Woolworths employee, who goes by the handle @MaybeMacKenzie, took to TikTok to share the odd selection of items that one shopper purchased.

‘I worked at Woolworths for four years and this is by far the strangest transaction I’ve ever had,’ the ex-Woolies staff shared.

grocery1.jpg
We know it’s none of our business, but sometimes it’s fun to speculate. Credit: Michael Burrows in Pexels

The video was captioned: ‘I was, like, 16 and trying not to look him in the eyes.’ In it, he said that the shopper bought a mop, a mop bucket, a large packet of condoms – and some pineapple juice.

He specified the products in the video as well, even going so far as to pull up pictures for his viewers to help them…um, visualise.

‘A microfibre mop, a mop bucket with wringer, a pack of ultra-thin 30 condoms, and some Golden Circle 2L pineapple juice,’ the man explained.

The former Woolies staff then praised the customer for his ‘bravery’, after choosing to go through a manned checkout instead of a self-checkout lane.

titkok.jpg
One of the shopper’s purchases, according to the TikTok star. Credit: MaybeMacKenzie on TikTok

Although a bit perplexed at the shopper’s assortment of items, the man admitted: ‘The amount of bravery it takes not to go through self-serve, honestly good on him.’

Many social media users were just as bewildered as the ex-employee.

‘This is why I’m happy I work in a deli and not at the checkout,’ said one woman.

‘What the actual h***, haha,’ commented another.

Other users – most of them retail workers as well – shared the unusual purchases they’d witnessed at the register.

‘I worked in a pharmacy and I remember a woman coming in and buying a massager, lube. And a DVD of some low-budget movie about pirates,’ wrote one.

A woman commented: ‘I had a guy come saying he was making a recipe and bought 20 cans of beans, 20 cans of tuna, 10 cans of peaches, and 10 jars of cream.’

A third shared: ‘Nothing will beat the IGA transaction I put through when I was 15: A continental cucumber and lube.’

To which the ex-employee responded with: ‘Dear God.’

You can watch the ex-staff’s video below:

Key Takeaways

• A former Woolworths employee has revealed the weirdest purchase a customer has ever made at his checkout.
  • The customer purchased a mop, a mop bucket, a large packet of condoms and some pineapple juice.
  • The former Woolies team member went on to commend the shopper for taking his purchases through a manned checkout, instead of a self-checkout register.
  • Other TikTok users and retail workers shared their own experiences while manning the register.
Do you agree and think the shopper’s purchase was odd? Let us know what you think in the comments section, members!

Sponsored
Imagine this: You’re standing in line at the supermarket, minding your own business as you wait for your turn to unload your groceries onto the conveyor belt. But then you see the person in front and you notice the weird assortment of items they put in their trolley, and you can’t help but wonder: What on Earth are they going to do with them?

While it is certainly none of our business, it does leave us feeling curious and baffled at the same time.

Such was the case for this former Woolies staff member who revealed the ‘weirdest’ purchase he ever saw made at his register.

The former Woolworths employee, who goes by the handle @MaybeMacKenzie, took to TikTok to share the odd selection of items that one shopper purchased.

‘I worked at Woolworths for four years and this is by far the strangest transaction I’ve ever had,’ the ex-Woolies staff shared.

View attachment 9079
We know it’s none of our business, but sometimes it’s fun to speculate. Credit: Michael Burrows in Pexels

The video was captioned: ‘I was, like, 16 and trying not to look him in the eyes.’ In it, he said that the shopper bought a mop, a mop bucket, a large packet of condoms – and some pineapple juice.

He specified the products in the video as well, even going so far as to pull up pictures for his viewers to help them…um, visualise.

‘A microfibre mop, a mop bucket with wringer, a pack of ultra-thin 30 condoms, and some Golden Circle 2L pineapple juice,’ the man explained.

The former Woolies staff then praised the customer for his ‘bravery’, after choosing to go through a manned checkout instead of a self-checkout lane.

View attachment 9080
One of the shopper’s purchases, according to the TikTok star. Credit: MaybeMacKenzie on TikTok

Although a bit perplexed at the shopper’s assortment of items, the man admitted: ‘The amount of bravery it takes not to go through self-serve, honestly good on him.’

‘This is why I’m happy I work in a deli and not at the checkout,’ said one woman.

Other users – most of them retail workers as well – shared the unusual purchases they’d witnessed at the register.

‘I worked in a pharmacy and I remember a woman coming in and buying a massager, lube. And a DVD of some low-budget movie about pirates,’ wrote one.

A woman commented: ‘I had a guy come saying he was making a recipe and bought 20 cans of beans, 20 cans of tuna, 10 cans of peaches, and 10 jars of cream.’

A third shared: ‘Nothing will beat the IGA transaction I put through when I was 15: A continental cucumber and lube.’

Key Takeaways

• A former Woolworths employee has revealed the weirdest purchase a customer has ever made at his checkout.
  • The customer purchased a mop, a mop bucket, a large packet of condoms and some pineapple juice.
  • The former Woolies team member went on to commend the shopper for taking his purchases through a manned checkout, instead of a self-checkout register.
  • Other TikTok users and retail workers shared their own experiences while manning the register.
Do you agree and think the shopper’s purchase was odd? Let us know what you think in the comments section, members!

Seriously they could all be separate items in their own right with no connection at all, totally innocent transactions. Others replies to this post are more interesting.

View attachment 9079

View attachment 9080

Key Takeaways

Obviously all things he needed! Not wired at all!

View attachment 9079

View attachment 9080

Key Takeaways

Not really.Quite obvious. His lady friend was coming around, after she mopped the house was refreshed with the juice then rewarded with a bit of action.

Why is it considered weird that this customer is purchasing those items but not considered weird that Woolworths is selling them? And why would anybody assume that the products were going to be used together? And why on earth would anyone consider this worthy of a news story?