‘So gross!’: Professional cleaner shares a simple trick to test how dirty your mattress is in a DISTURBING TikTok video

‘So gross!’: Professional cleaner shares a simple trick to test how dirty your mattress is in a DISTURBING TikTok video
Nothing compares to the feeling of getting into your bed with fresh clean sheets. The cozy feeling of the sheets touching your skin can sometimes make you fall asleep in an instant. But, did you know that even if you change your sheets on a regular basis, dirt and dust buildup can still hide in your mattress? This is a warning issued by professional cleaner, Kacie Stephens, who showed the disturbing result of her mattress cleanliness test in her now-viral TikTok video.

Kacie, who runs Victorian cleaning agency The Big Clean Co, said that dirt and dust buildup may be lurking under your bed sheets.

Source: TikTok/@thebigcleanco

The professional cleaner warned in her video before starting the cleanliness test: 'Once you see this you can't un-see it.'

The video showed Kacie standing in front of a large mattress that seemingly looked clean.

The professional cleaner then took a black piece of material and wrapped it around the end of a vacuum cleaner.

'It acts as a filter for dust and skin cells,' Kacie said as she vacuumed a small portion of the mattress' surface.

Kacie then showed off a pile of skin cells — which looked like fine white sand — that collected at the surface of the black material.

SNMb2wbKX7I-enc0IGJi0XT0OLlGaGZmSsIX2wEnChX9hsBUEd06geCGvqUO88HToE7TlWM4RC7GAr09q9pVzOWBumk5OaJBZHxoBSdomRKxDLsEMlylZoyvgFvCOJHemcruL8k

A pile of dead skin cells that look like fine white sand got stuck on the black material after Kacie vacuumed the mattress. Credit: TikTok/@thebigcleanco.

The disturbing video made the rounds on TikTok, amassing more than 490,000 views and more than 18,000 likes.

Many TikTok users expressed their sentiments on the video, with many saying that they find the revelation disgusting.

One user wrote: 'So gross but I needed to see it, so I guess.. thank you?'

Others claimed that it is impossible for their mattresses to get 'that' dirty — which prompted the professional cleaner to advise them to try the test themselves.

'We are very clean people and use a mattress protector,' one woman said.

Kacie responded: ''Try the test, you might find it is time for a steam clean.'

The professional cleaner advised that mattresses should be vacuumed every time you change sheets and steam cleaned once per year.

Do you know of any mattress cleaning hacks? Because we could sure use one right now! Share it with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
I vacuum my mattress every few weeks but not every time I change my sheets and also turn my mattress. I think I will be vacuuming every time now.