‘Made me sick’: Shoppers are turning their noses up at Kmart's controversial candles!

Kmart: the go-to place for unique, wallet-friendly finds. Name it, the cult favourite store probably has it.

The budget retailer recently released a new line of candles to keep the aromatic joy alive. The ‘Sprinkles’ line has three scents: vanilla cookie, caramel waffle, and frosted cupcake, priced at $10 per jar.

The frosted cupcake variant seems to have won over a sweet-toothed segment of the market, with its scent described as ‘yummy’.

While some customers are raving about the deliciously named candles, not everyone is enamoured with Kmart's latest olfactory offerings.

A number of shoppers have expressed their distaste, with some claiming the candles had an unpleasant aroma.

'They smell terrible,' one shopper lamented.

'I loved the look of them but would never burn them.'

candles.PNG
The Kmart ‘Sprinkle’ candle line garnered mixed reactions from social media users. Image Credit: Kmart

Another critic was quick to question the craze, pointing out possible health hazards.

‘Why does everyone go crazy for Kmart candles, they smell so fake. Yes the jar [is] cute but they’re full of toxins! Plus their cents [sic] are gross.’

The debate doesn't end with the scent itself. Some customers have reported that the candles' fragrances are too faint.

'I got home from work yesterday and my partner had lit one of these hours earlier. Couldn't even smell it,' oney shared.

Despite the mixed reviews, Kmart's candles found a second purpose thanks to people’s creativity.

Customers have found alternative uses for the beautiful jars, such as chic storage for toothbrushes and toothpaste or as decorative elements in their homes.

It's clear that Kmart's new candle range has sparked a fiery discussion among Australian shoppers.

Whether you're a fan of sweet-smelling treats or prefer a more subtle approach to home fragrances, it's always worth considering the value, smell, and longevity of the product.

If you do find yourself with a candle that doesn't quite hit the mark, a sprinkle of creativity can transform it into a delightful piece of decor.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart's new signature candle range includes three new scents: vanilla cookie, caramel waffle, and frosted cupcake, priced at $10 each.
  • While the frosted cupcake scent garnered positive feedback for its yumminess and lasting fragrance, multiple shoppers have criticised the candles.
  • Some consumers argue that the candles emit a strong unpleasant odour or have no noticeable scent when lit.
  • Despite mixed reviews about the smells, the candles' attractive jars have been repurposed for other uses around the home, such as storage or decor.
Have you had a chance to sniff out the new range for yourselves? Do you have any tips for selecting the perfect home fragrance? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
Refer to the article on how to save money. Step 1.- don't go to Kmart.🤣

Reactions: Annna
Artificial fragrance/ paraffin wax/ wicks with aluminium inside to keep them burning
Why would you put this toxic trio in your home???
If you’re looking fro a nice jar then buy a nice jar!

I would never burn cheap candles, they are made from paraffin wax and chemical fragrances, the fumes are really toxic! I only use candles made from soy wax or beeswax and natural fragrances from essential oils. Yes, they are much more expensive, but they do make lovely gifts.