‘I love this!’—Popular cheese advent calendar is finally back at Woolworths

As the holiday season nears, many retailers are gearing up to offer their unique festive products.

Woolworths, one of the leading retailers, is no exception. Their highly anticipated Christmas item is making a return, and fans are ecstatic.

Woolworths is bringing back its Thomas Dux 12 Days Of Cheese Advent Calendar, priced at $28, just in time for the festive season.

This advent calendar originates from the United Kingdom and showcases 12 different cheese types, including a red Leicester variant crafted in Somerset by legacy cheesemakers spanning three generations.

The calendar includes a creamy cheddar cheese infused with chilli flakes made in Lancashire that ‘add a warm note to this mild and firm cheese’.

The set also boasts another Lancashire cheese; this time it’s a double Gloucester with spring onions and chives, described as ‘mellow, buttery cheese includes spring onion and chives adding a subtle onion, herby note’.

Foodie Mumma.jpg
Woolworths reintroduces cheese advent calendar. Image source: Facebook/Foodie Mumma Ren

A food enthusiast who goes by the name Foodie Mumma Ren on social media shared a snapshot of the calendar with the caption: ‘My favourite Advent Calendar has just been spotted by Mark at Woolworths! It’s back for 2023!’

In previous years, such as in 2019, this calendar flew off the shelves in no time.

Jason McQuaid, Woolworths Supermarkets Commercial Director — Chilled, highlighted the success and popularity of the Thomas Dux range among shoppers.

‘Our award-winning Thomas Dux range has quickly become a customer favourite. The range includes high quality, delicious specialty cheeses and antipasto, and our customers love that it’s great value and perfect for entertaining,’ he said.

‘We’re excited to bring back the incredibly popular Thomas Dux 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar as part of our Christmas cheese range. This has been a favourite for Woolworths shoppers, and we look forward to more customers discovering and enjoying this cheesy take on the traditional Advent Calendar,’ he added.

The calendar's return was warmly welcomed online, as many expressed a keen interest in buying one.

‘Oh, I love this! Blighty cheese,’ one wrote.

‘Going to buy this again! I was just thinking about it yesterday,’ another said.

‘I’ll have one of these, thanks,’ a third commented after tagging a friend in the comment section.

‘I hope I can find this to get it, I love my cheese,’ a fourth shared.

‘Oh, I’m going to have to keep a lookout for this one,’ another added, while someone else expressed that the item was ‘their kind of advent calendar’.

12 Days of Cheese.jpeg
Thomas Dux 12-Day Cheese Advent Calendar (240g, $28) available online. Image source: Woolworths

Thomas Dux 12 Days Of Cheese Advent Calendar is now available on Woolworths online, priced at $116.67 per 1 kg.

Additionally, other flavours, such as Cheddar Cheese with Black Pepper and Mature Cheddar Cheese, are on offer.

It’s a must-have for cheese lovers this season. Don’t miss out on this unique treat, perfect for sharing or indulging on your own!
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has reintroduced its popular Thomas Dux 12 Days Of Cheese Advent Calendar for the festive season.
  • The cheese advent calendar costs $28 (or $116.67 per 1 kg).
  • The calendar features a selection of 12 cheeses made in the United Kingdom, including a cheddar cheese with chilli and a red Leicester variety.
  • The ‘Cheese-mas’ advent calendar has already started appearing in some Woolworths stores and online, with more Christmas items expected soon.
Members, are you planning to get the Thomas Dux 12 Days of Cheese Advent Calendar? Which flavour are you most excited to taste? Share your picks in the comments!

Last edited:
Sponsored
I have never seen this before but might give it a try if I can find one next time I’m at woollies.

Reactions: Littleboy8
As the holiday season nears, many retailers are gearing up to offer their unique festive products.

Woolworths, one of the leading retailers, is no exception. Their highly anticipated Christmas item is making a return, and fans are ecstatic.

Woolworths is bringing back its Thomas Dux 12 Days Of Cheese Advent Calendar, priced at $28, just in time for the festive season.

This advent calendar originates from the United Kingdom and showcases 12 different cheese types, including a red Leicester variant crafted in Somerset by legacy cheesemakers spanning three generations.

The calendar includes a creamy cheddar cheese infused with chilli flakes made in Lancashire that ‘add a warm note to this mild and firm cheese’.

The set also boasts another Lancashire cheese; this time it’s a double Gloucester with spring onions and chives, described as ‘mellow, buttery cheese includes spring onion and chives adding a subtle onion, herby note’.

View attachment 32982
Woolworths reintroduces cheese advent calendar. Image source: Facebook/Foodie Mumma Ren

A food enthusiast who goes by the name Foodie Mumma Ren on social media shared a snapshot of the calendar with the caption: ‘My favourite Advent Calendar has just been spotted by Mark at Woolworths! It’s back for 2023!’

In previous years, such as in 2019, this calendar flew off the shelves in no time.

Jason McQuaid, Woolworths Supermarkets Commercial Director — Chilled, highlighted the success and popularity of the Thomas Dux range among shoppers.

‘Our award-winning Thomas Dux range has quickly become a customer favourite. The range includes high quality, delicious specialty cheeses and antipasto, and our customers love that it’s great value and perfect for entertaining,’ he said.

‘We’re excited to bring back the incredibly popular Thomas Dux 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar as part of our Christmas cheese range. This has been a favourite for Woolworths shoppers, and we look forward to more customers discovering and enjoying this cheesy take on the traditional Advent Calendar,’ he added.

The calendar's return was warmly welcomed online, as many expressed a keen interest in buying one.

‘Oh, I love this! Blighty cheese,’ one wrote.

‘Going to buy this again! I was just thinking about it yesterday,’ another said.

‘I’ll have one of these, thanks,’ a third commented after tagging a friend in the comment section.

‘I hope I can find this to get it, I love my cheese,’ a fourth shared.

‘Oh, I’m going to have to keep a lookout for this one,’ another added, while someone else expressed that the item was ‘their kind of advent calendar’.

View attachment 32981
Thomas Dux 12-Day Cheese Advent Calendar (240g, $28) available online. Image source: Woolworths

Thomas Dux 12 Days Of Cheese Advent Calendar is now available on Woolworths online, priced at $116.67 per 1 kg.

Additionally, other flavours, such as Cheddar Cheese with Black Pepper and Mature Cheddar Cheese, are on offer.

It’s a must-have for cheese lovers this season. Don’t miss out on this unique treat, perfect for sharing or indulging on your own!
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has reintroduced its popular Thomas Dux 12 Days Of Cheese Advent Calendar for the festive season.
  • The cheese advent calendar costs $28 (or $116.67 per 1 kg).
  • The calendar features a selection of 12 cheeses made in the United Kingdom, including a cheddar cheese with chilli and a red Leicester variety.
  • The ‘Cheese-mas’ advent calendar has already started appearing in some Woolworths stores and online, with more Christmas items expected soon.
Members, are you planning to get the Thomas Dux 12 Days of Cheese Advent Calendar? Which flavour are you most excited to taste? Share your picks in the comments!
If it doesn't have Stilton it's overpriced

I have never seen this before but might give it a try if I can find one next time I’m at woollies.
Me too I love cheese 🧀 I’m a mouse I have it everyday. Morning noon and night. It’s sooooo good for you.🙀😹😹😹😈come on girls give it a “Cracker Barrel”about why it’s bad for you. You know you want to🧀👮‍♂️

Last edited:
Me too I love cheese 🧀 I’m a mouse I have it everyday. Morning noon and night. It’s sooooo good for you.🙀😹😹😹😈come on girls give it a “Cracker Barrel”about why it’s bad for you. You know you want to🧀👮‍♂️
Because it’s loaded in fat and salt , not good for anyone with a heart problem.

And my cardiologist also says the same thing that cheese in moderation is safe. Ha smarty pants thought you were the only one with heart problems did you😈ive been stented up etc🙀enough babble subject closed move on shall we.😁and stay friends😁
Me too join the club , here is something I was told recently ,stents have a life of 10 years , so mine has only 2- 9 left , although there was an item on news recently they have one that dissolves after a certain time so maybe will be around to try it out. Friends always

Your not my friend anymore I just looked up stents in the heart and there permanent. Sucked in big time.your evil.😈
I was told this by a Dr so assumed he was right , when I had a angiogram a few years ago it showed my stent was getting blocked as tissue was going in , I just believed they could go in and clear it out ,so will find out when the time comes. Yes they are permanent as they can’t be removed so I guess time will tell , as you said you’re seeing your Doc in a couple of weeks so please ask him and put all our minds at rest , I am very upset that you called me EVIL but that’s your call. I’m sorry you feel that way.

I thought you were joking about the dissolving ones I wondered why they’d have dissolving stents. And you called me a pussycat I didn’t get that🤔but the pain I have makes my head abit fuzzy wuzzy.🌹
No very serious ,it was on the news about the ones that dissolve and wished I had got all the information , if I recall they said the y dissolve after a couple of years I call you a pussy cat as you said you have cats or did I get that wrong ?
I thought you said little boy 8 was your cat ,hence your apussy cat no offence just a pet name .

That’s right good memory little boy 8 is my cats name but my friends and I call him bubba.😍I didn’t know if pussycat meant you thought I was gullible to believe it I thought I was sucked in.🙀I was joshing you about the evil shit😹we’ll do the little finger thing like when we were kids remember that.🌹
You might have to clue me in on the finger one. Remember I have called you pussycat before it’s my pet name for you . Cats are cute and cuddly.