Who knew this $18 item from Kmart could transform your home office space

Our home office holds a big part in our daily lives now that we check our emails daily, often have to pay bills online and even have video catch ups with family members.

We carve out these spaces in our homes, whether it is in a separate room or just an area in the living room. And what comprises the bulk of this space is your desk and it should be able to provide you convenience during everyday use.

The qualities of an ideal working desk should include simplicity and practicality. One should be able to look at it and think that it looks good, and at the same time, it should be practical enough to hide all the wires and work mess and not cause any health issues like a sore back or neck.

One mum has shared on Facebook on how she unexpectedly came up with a perfect solution for these desk problems, especially a sore neck!

2osWXz-zIHN5IIUlaiBIFfdvwX2QQJ-SQKCkGHUGNKxu6ll50WJc5GiTdQTw3S56AAsW8irfiyYxmeDvTYunH5_wC3CU4idfMkGS0lqM8tw3IbMjjVv6tk0myy1WTJ8n_x2bEHyH=s0

Serving boards from Kmart and wooden desk from IKEA. Photo from Supplied.

Krystal Anne’s home office set-up consisted of using two $18 serving boards for monitor raisers. And it honestly looks simple yet so effective. "2 x $18 serving boards for monitor raisers. Perfect!" said Krystal.

The post gained traction with almost 1700 likes and 150 comments as people were shocked by the obvious hack.

"Oh my god thank-you so much for posting this!!!! This is amazing," one person commented. "Very clever going to steal this idea," another added.

Many more comments flooded about the ingenuity of the idea, with others saying how they should have thought of this a long time ago.

There are also those who applauded the whole set-up itself, even bringing up the humour on how different their home set-ups are to hers.

"Sure beats the A4 reams of paper I have been known to use!!!" one Facebook user said.

Another person even pointed out a really good observation, "I reckon there's still room for some snacks on those boards too.”

PKEkDt1QX-gZTvInZBlzqtC826_jm743o-eZeetDqzF6Wd7W9LeJTNMWCmMplRu2OMvpIe_NSh9ki2A3gEot2NBelM52MDzYi2TuHOhfMT_Vrm6O4B4K_UwLqrKJa-Wjfl14okZP=s0

Retails for $18 at Kmart. Photo from Kmart.

In a conversation with Belinda Wanis of Yahoo! Lifestyle, Krystal says that when she was setting up the station, her alternatives for the raiser were quite expensive. Either a double raiser at Big W for $169 or the cheaper single option of Officeworks that sells for $30.

"I found the Kmart serving boards while looking for alternative practical yet appealing options with my teens. Perfect height, size, stability, excellent price and suits our house perfectly! My office set-up is in our dining room and it looks simple and classy while being fit for purpose."

Thanks for the tip, Krystal Anne! Now we finally found a use for those snack boards just gathering dust around the house.

Sponsored
Well done Krystal Ann, but how on earth can an office be so tidy & clean omg mine has papers etc covering every available surface within reach... lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jonathan Leane