Watch how this outrageous McDonald's customer gets revenge on a 'rude' server

Chances are most of us have been in that situation before—when you go to the fast-food drive-thru, order something, and then realise that the staff have made a mistake and you don't have what you ordered.

While it may be frustrating, we stay calm, are respectful, and politely explain that they gave you the wrong order, and ask for a refund.

Sadly, that wasn't the mindset of the customers at a McDonald's drive-thru in Chicago, Illinois, when they threw a fit of violent rage after the staff refused to give them what they'd asked for.

In a video shared online, a verbal altercation can be seen happening from behind the counter.

The caption read: ‘Just moments after a customer spat at a female employee because she was “rude” this person proceeded to trash the drive-through area at McDonald's, even though the restaurant's staff had agreed to provide a refund and gave back their money as seen on the video.’

A man and a woman could be seen just beyond the window where takeaways are usually handed off, and the woman was visibly irate. Her companion was shaking his head in dismay at her back.

FB resize 159.jpg
Two customers raged and caused a scene in a McDonald’s drive-thru. Credit: @chicagocritterrr / Instagram

The woman can be heard demanding a refund. The person recording the video, presumably an employee, said, ‘We are gonna give you a refund, but that’s no reason to spit on anybody.’

It then becomes clear a few moments later what happened.

A woman yelled, ‘He spit on her because she was rude.’

The woman then threatened the employee to ‘come outside,’ insinuating to engage in a physical fight.

The employee replied, 'No ma'am, I'm 30-years-old,I'm not about to fight.'

Another employee, a man wearing a gray T-shirt, is then seen handing the livid pair what appears to be their money.

However, they decided to take things a step further.

The man then took his drink, and violently throwed it across the restaurant in the direction of the employee filming. He then proceeded to reach inside the window in a violent fury, and hurled whatever he could across the floor.

The employee who filmed the incident said that she is recording, but to no avail.

The two then walked off, leaving the McDonald’s in shambles.

As the video went viral online, millions of viewers were left disgusted by the customer’s attitude, while others were not surprised.

One user said, ‘Just another day in Chicago.’

Another commented, 'This is how you should behave at the workers? Jail time!'

'Once upon a time an outburst like this, so out of proportion, dangerous, and fraught with consequences, would give a mindful person pause,’ a third said.

‘Now it's regarded as “righteous” and “reasonable” retribution for all the slights, actual and perceived. Until it happens to them.’

Police are currently investigating the incident, with the video providing only a few clues as to who the perpetrators were. It is unknown whether the two will face charges.

Sadly, Incidents like this in fast-food chain restaurants are not uncommon. Recently, a man was berating and verbally abusing a McDonald’s crew member when he was not pleased with his order, and he ‘simply ripped open the bag to show them and demanded a new bag.’ You can check this story here.

Key Takeaways

• A video surfaced showing two customers aggressively trashing a McDonald's drive-thru.
  • The attack occurred after a dispute over a refund, during which the customers spat at an employee.
  • The video, posted on social media, shows the customers throwing items around the restaurant before leaving.
  • Police have not yet confirmed whether the two individuals involved have been identified or charged.

What do you think about how the customers reacted? Is violence of any sort ever justified, even in cases where store staff is ‘rude’? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I would think that a reaction like that can only mean the person was either high on something ingested or injected, or suffering a mind altering moment.
No staff member should have to put up with such behaviour.
I rarely go to places like that, however, if I did, my reaction would be to park the car and go inside to sort things out. If these people had done that, it may well have become a dire situation. So, what's the answer? To protect myself, I most likely would shut the window, lock the door and call police. But I'm a scardey cat.
Given the quality of the things they sell and the price of them, one can hardly demand fine dining outcomes. Regardless of the problem, they need a kick in the opposite to front.

Chances are most of us have been in that situation before—when you go to the fast-food drive-thru, order something, and then realise that the staff have made a mistake and you don't have what you ordered.

While it may be frustrating, we stay calm, are respectful, and politely explain that they gave you the wrong order, and ask for a refund.

Sadly, that wasn't the mindset of the customers at a McDonald's drive-thru in Chicago, Illinois, when they threw a fit of violent rage after the staff refused to give them what they'd asked for.

In a video shared online, a verbal altercation can be seen happening from behind the counter.

The caption read: ‘Just moments after a customer spat at a female employee because she was “rude” this person proceeded to trash the drive-through area at McDonald's, even though the restaurant's staff had agreed to provide a refund and gave back their money as seen on the video.’

A man and a woman could be seen just beyond the window where takeaways are usually handed off, and the woman was visibly irate. Her companion was shaking his head in dismay at her back.

View attachment 33167
Two customers raged and caused a scene in a McDonald’s drive-thru. Credit: @chicagocritterrr / Instagram

The woman can be heard demanding a refund. The person recording the video, presumably an employee, said, ‘We are gonna give you a refund, but that’s no reason to spit on anybody.’

The woman then threatened the employee to ‘come outside,’ insinuating to engage in a physical fight.

Another employee, a man wearing a gray T-shirt, is then seen handing the livid pair what appears to be their money.

The man then took his drink, and violently throwed it across the restaurant in the direction of the employee filming. He then proceeded to reach inside the window in a violent fury, and hurled whatever he could across the floor.

The employee who filmed the incident said that she is recording, but to no avail.

As the video went viral online, millions of viewers were left disgusted by the customer’s attitude, while others were not surprised.

'Once upon a time an outburst like this, so out of proportion, dangerous, and fraught with consequences, would give a mindful person pause,’ a third said.

‘Now it's regarded as “righteous” and “reasonable” retribution for all the slights, actual and perceived. Until it happens to them.’

Police are currently investigating the incident, with the video providing only a few clues as to who the perpetrators were. It is unknown whether the two will face charges.

Sadly, Incidents like this in fast-food chain restaurants are not uncommon. Recently, a man was berating and verbally abusing a McDonald’s crew member when he was not pleased with his order, and he ‘simply ripped open the bag to show them and demanded a new bag.’ You can check this story here.

Key Takeaways

• A video surfaced showing two customers aggressively trashing a McDonald's drive-thru.
  • The attack occurred after a dispute over a refund, during which the customers spat at an employee.
  • The video, posted on social media, shows the customers throwing items around the restaurant before leaving.
  • Police have not yet confirmed whether the two individuals involved have been identified or charged.

What do you think about how the customers reacted? Is violence of any sort ever justified, even in cases where store staff is ‘rude’? Let us know in the comments below!

What is wrong with people these days. Everybody makes mistakes. Point them out then wait for them to be corrected or ask politely for a refund. No dramas. These people deserve to be prosecuted for the damage and mostly for spitting. It’s a disgusting act.

In our country town it is almost impossible for Maccas to get anyone’s order right. It is extremely frustrating that the need to check your order before leaving the store is necessary as if you don’t and you get home and order is wrong Maccas won’t bring you the correct order, even though they have a mcdelivery service. When I go through drive through I won’t leave the window until I check my order, if I am parked due to longer wait times I ask the person who brings out my order to stand by the car until I check the order, then send them back for the correct order or missing items. I always check my order before I leave if I’m in store as well. More often than not the order is wrong or incomplete. I have put in numerous complaints about it but hasn’t helped, I have never had a reply to any of them. I always remain civil to the staff as I blame the management for lack of proper staff training for these ongoing problems. I do wonder how the staff can get it wrong on almost every occasion. I see a lot of other customers checking their orders also, and it is well known around town that orders are a constant stuff up at Maccas.

Reactions: terri

View attachment 33167

Key Takeaways

Working in retail for years, I’ve seen/heard it all!!
Most people are civil & polite but there are many who are “the entitled” & they are the ones who are memorable!
As for physical/verbal abuse, you don’t have to be in US to get that, there’s plenty of morons here in OZ who behave in a manner that deserves & with CCTV usually gets some sort of
Fine or jail time. Hospitality gets the worst abuse! Don’t know who these idiots think they are - truth be known, these morons couldn’t/wouldn’t do the work that these (usually young) people do in serving them!
As my dad would say “not much between the ears”!!😂🤣

View attachment 33167

Key Takeaways

I’m sorry but mistakes happen sometimes but there is no reason to be so rude and definitely not to spit on someone that is just disgusting behaviour animals. They gave them back their money and they still carried on like idiots. I hope the police track them down and prosecute them.

Reactions: Defiant540
Working in retail for years, I’ve seen/heard it all!!
Most people are civil & polite but there are many who are “the entitled” & they are the ones who are memorable!
As for physical/verbal abuse, you don’t have to be in US to get that, there’s plenty of morons here in OZ who behave in a manner that deserves & with CCTV usually gets some sort of
Fine or jail time. Hospitality gets the worst abuse! Don’t know who these idiots think they are - truth be known, these morons couldn’t/wouldn’t do the work that these (usually young) people do in serving them!
As my dad would say “not much between the ears”!!😂🤣
Hospitality is not the worst, ambulance, nurses and teachers have the highest assault rate in Oz

• Sad
Reactions: SandyM and DLHM
Hospitality is not the worst, ambulance, nurses and teachers have the highest assault rate in Oz
Yes, I realise that but I was referring to the similar service industry, not the health & care industry. There are many industries that cop abuse!
I know how bad the health industry workers get treated having friends who are the paramedics & nurses & hearing ona regular basis how they are treated!
A lot of it in hospitals are by people on Ice & it amazes me how some total fools out there are trying to say we should de-criminalise drugs!?
Perhaps they should go work in service, health industries before they advocate for this!!
I’m not for a moment excusing any drug taker for their actions - too much of that goes on, sorry, you know right from wrong, accept the consequences of your actions!!!🤨😠🙄

Yes, I realise that but I was referring to the similar service industry, not the health & care industry. There are many industries that cop abuse!
I know how bad the health industry workers get treated having friends who are the paramedics & nurses & hearing ona regular basis how they are treated!
A lot of it in hospitals are by people on Ice & it amazes me how some total fools out there are trying to say we should de-criminalise drugs!?
Perhaps they should go work in service, health industries before they advocate for this!!
I’m not for a moment excusing any drug taker for their actions - too much of that goes on, sorry, you know right from wrong, accept the consequences of your actions!!!🤨😠🙄
As for teachers, I wouldn’t be one for anything these days!
Mind you, clearly all these do-holders & their advocating for getting rid of corporal punishment, discipline & anything that might upset the pupils, hasn’t worked! Plus their nauseating parents who regularly interfere in the discipline & teaching of their precious, precocious little creatures!!
I could go on but it makes me disgusted to think of how disrespectful, opinionated & feral some kids are at school & parents who back this behaviour up! I have friends who teach & some of the stories are mind blowing!! Most teachers are there because they care & want to educate our young, like most of our nurses, paramedics, police, firies & others!
Breakdown of the family unit & slack morals & standards have a lot to do with it!!!🙄🤔

Reactions: SandyM and Scaveola
As for teachers, I wouldn’t be one for anything these days!
Mind you, clearly all these do-holders & their advocating for getting rid of corporal punishment, discipline & anything that might upset the pupils, hasn’t worked! Plus their nauseating parents who regularly interfere in the discipline & teaching of their precious, precocious little creatures!!
I could go on but it makes me disgusted to think of how disrespectful, opinionated & feral some kids are at school & parents who back this behaviour up! I have friends who teach & some of the stories are mind blowing!! Most teachers are there because they care & want to educate our young, like most of our nurses, paramedics, police, firies & others!
Breakdown of the family unit & slack morals & standards have a lot to do with it!!!🙄🤔
“Do-holders = do-gooders”

Yes, but I was referring to over the counter & serving customers!
I know these other care professions bear the brunt of violence all the time!
My sister was a nurse, friend is a paramedic & a couple of friends teachers - I’m appalled at what I hear from them!
There are many reasons people react the way they do, drugs,alcohol, ignorance, entitlement etcetc but, bottom line is, they choose to & the impact on the rest of society is huge!
I get sick of hearing excuses for peoples behaviour these days! Nobody wants to own their misdemeanours, most are looking to place blame on others for the way they act & things they do - the old saying: “ the devil made me do it” comes to mind!😂
If people would own their mistakes & sins in life, the courts would be able to spend their time getting justice for deserving peeps instead of dealing with the revolving door of fools & plain bad people taking up their valuable time!
As for teachers getting assaulted, I do put the blame squarely with parents!
I’m appalled at the way the home in a lot of cases are expecting teachers to do the parenting that’s clearly not their job & then turn around & abuse teachers for trying todo their job
Breakdown of the family unit has a lot to do with the way society is going & we’re slowly becoming a communist society with govts telling us what we can say, do & how we choose to bring up our children!!!
Glad I’m not trying to bring up children up now!

Reactions: MariaG
Yes, but I was referring to over the counter & serving customers!
I know these other care professions bear the brunt of violence all the time!
My sister was a nurse, friend is a paramedic & a couple of friends teachers - I’m appalled at what I hear from them!
There are many reasons people react the way they do, drugs,alcohol, ignorance, entitlement etcetc but, bottom line is, they choose to & the impact on the rest of society is huge!
I get sick of hearing excuses for peoples behaviour these days! Nobody wants to own their misdemeanours, most are looking to place blame on others for the way they act & things they do - the old saying: “ the devil made me do it” comes to mind!😂
If people would own their mistakes & sins in life, the courts would be able to spend their time getting justice for deserving peeps instead of dealing with the revolving door of fools & plain bad people taking up their valuable time!
As for teachers getting assaulted, I do put the blame squarely with parents!
I’m appalled at the way the home in a lot of cases are expecting teachers to do the parenting that’s clearly not their job & then turn around & abuse teachers for trying todo their job
Breakdown of the family unit has a lot to do with the way society is going & we’re slowly becoming a communist society with govts telling us what we can say, do & how we choose to bring up our children!!!
Glad I’m not trying to bring up children up now!

On the topic of bad service this is a beauty. We ordered Maccas via menulog when our granddaughter was here. We ordered at 5.10pm, thinking we should have it by 6pm. Were told 1hour 15 minutes wait. Order finally arrived just after 7pm, almost 2 hours later. It was the wrong order, not 1 item in the very big bag full was what we ordered. By the time I rang Maccas they knew so I’m guessing someone else got our order. They were redoing it and we would have it very soon. After another 45 minutes it arrived, the same Maccas delivery person arrived, very flustered and apologetic. Right order this time, but everything was cold so I’m guessing they had it in the car for awhile doing other deliveries before ours. We live 10 minutes drive from Maccas so there is no excuse for this terrible service. We got to keep the wrong order as well so our granddaughter and grandson heated it up and ate it the next day. Not ideal, but they enjoyed it. Don’t think I’ll bother using menulog anymore.

Reactions: DLHM