Transform your dingy whites with this simple 3-ingredient trick!

Are you tired of looking at your once-bright white clothes that have turned a sad shade of grey?

Fear not! Because we've got a game-changing solution that will restore your whites to their former glory.

And the best part? It's incredibly simple and uses just three common household ingredients!

Chantel Ibbotson, known as Mama Mila on social media, is a Melbourne-based cleaning professional and mum-of-two who has become the go-to guru for home tips that make life easier and cleaner.

She shared her ‘go-to’ method for preventing the dulling and removing tough stains on white fabrics, and it's sure to ‘say goodbye to dingy whites’ for good.

photo_20240503_095355_0000.png
Mama Mila shared her ‘go-to’ method to make white clothes look as good as new. Credit: @mama_mila_ / TikTok

The magic formula consisted of warm water, hydrogen peroxide, and bicarb soda—a dynamic trio that works wonders on your weary whites.

She filled a bowl with warm water and submerged the grey-tinged white t-shirt in it.

She then added a quarter cup of hydrogen peroxide and one cup of bicarb soda.

Chantel used hydrogen peroxide to ‘brighten and disinfect’ the clothes, while bicarb soda brightened and deodorised the fabric.

For oil-based stains, Chantel recommended adding a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to the mix to help lift the mark.

Chantel soaked the shirt for an hour or two and washed the garment in the washing machine as usual.

Her followers shared their thoughts about Mama Mila’s trick.

‘Just tried this, and it's working right before my eyes...Thanks so much for sharing,’ one commented.

‘I just did this on my white pillowcases. Turned out so good! Thank you!’ another added.

A third suggested, ‘Also you can use iron out if you can find it. But there can be no colour on the clothing. I use it on my tablecloths.’

You can watch Chantel Mila’s video below:

Credit: @mama_mila_ / TikTok

But wait, there's more!

Chantel has also shared a clever tip for removing makeup stains from white shirts.

If you've ever smeared foundation on your collar, you know the frustration that ensues.

Her solution? Shaving cream.

Yes, you read that right.

Apply shaving cream to the stained area, gently buff it out with a brush, and watch as the stain ‘disappears like magic’.
Key Takeaways
  • Chantel Ibbotson, known as Mama Mila, revealed her method for making white clothes look bright and new using hydrogen peroxide, bicarb soda, and optionally dish-washing liquid.
  • The trick involves soaking the garment in a homemade mixture and then washing it as usual to remove a grey tinge or tough stains.
  • Hydrogen peroxide is touted for its brightening and disinfecting properties, while bicarb soda helps to brighten and deodorise clothes.
  • For oil-based stains, Mama Mila recommended adding a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to the mixture to effectively lift the mark.
Have you tried this method, or do you have other laundry tips? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below!

Sponsored
I divide all my white clothes e.g knickers/bras, tshirts, jeans/trousers (one wear, into the wash basket) etc and place inside of old pillowcases…secure the end of the pillowcase with a hair tie, into the washing machine with recommended amount of Biozet Attack washing liquid….end results bright white clothing!!!

Reactions: DLHM