Top cleaning secret for sparkling windows

Windows are an important part of any home. They let in natural light and provide us with a clear view of the outside world.

However, keeping them clean can be a bit of a hassle, especially if you live in an area that’s close to a busy road or city. If you're not careful, your glass windows can quickly become covered in grime, making your home look messy.

Fortunately, there is an easy ‘hack’ to keep them spotless. Best of all, it’ll only take a few minutes of your day!

One Aussie mum shared her ‘quick and easy’ tip to get crystal clear glass surfaces and windows in just minutes. All you need is a rinse-aid and dishwashing liquid, and a squeegee (which she bought from Bunnings).

She mixed ¼ cup of rinse aid (she used Shine but any brand of rinse aid works fine), and two squirts of dishwashing liquid in a bucket of water – either warm or cold is fine.

glass1.jpg
Can you see the glass fence? Credit: Facebook

Then, she used the squeegee to remove excess product and water from the glass pool fence (pictured above).

Afterwards, she used a microfibre cloth to wipe the squeegee dry and she suggested doing this before using the squeegee on the glass again.

The mum shared her advice on Facebook, much to the delight of other social media users.

‘I have tried many different things to clean my glass pool fence without much luck. It always seemed smeared, patchy, and never streak-free,’ the mum said in her post. But she explained that her views changed (literally) when she discovered her method for ‘picture-perfect’ glass online.

One woman commented: ‘I didn’t even see the pool fence. Super clean!’ And we agree! I (the writer) also had to do a double-take!

glass2.jpg
Many social media users said they were eager to try this hack for themselves. Credit: Facebook

Her post gathered hundreds of likes and comments from people who were struggling to clean their glass surfaces.

‘Look at that reflection,’ one impressed woman said.

Another heartily joked: ‘Wow, that is super clear. So clear you might need some bird stickers now.’

Others said that they have been using the same method for years and ‘swear by it’.

‘I can second that this is the only way to clean any glass after years of being a cleaner! Must be Palmolive original to get these results.’ Someone said, referring to the same brand of dishwashing liquid that the mum used.

Others recommended their own ‘hacks’, including adding a few drops of metho to their solutions. Some said they mixed hand sanitiser, and others opt to use vinegar with dish soap to clean glass surfaces.

We have more cleaning tips and tricks for you, so please feel free to browse through our forum here.
Key Takeaways

• An Australian mum has revealed her easy method to get ‘picture perfect’ glass surfaces and windows in minutes.
  • The mum used rinse-aid, dishwashing liquid, and a squeegee to polish her glass pool fence.
  • The woman mixed 1/4 cup of rinse aid, and two squirts of dishwashing liquid into a bucket of water.
  • She applied the mixture to her glass surfaces using a squeegee. She wipes the squeegee dry with a microfibre cloth after each use.
  • Fellow cleaning fans are obsessed with the simple technique: 'I didn’t even see the pool fence. Super clean! Amazing,' one woman said.
Members, do you have cleaning ‘hacks’ you’d like to share? Feel free to comment down below!

Sponsored
I used the glass window cleaner that was put up yesterday the.
1/2 teaspoon washing deterg
2 cups water
1/4 cup vinegar
And that worked amazing so won't be trying this one!
I'm a convert to vinegar and washing up detergent 🙂
rinse aide is used to soften water to run more easlier! off dishes in dishwashers so mayby just a little dash . i,ll try next time my once a decade window clean comes around in 2029 !!

• Love
Reactions: Ricci and JayKay
A professional window cleaner told me how to clean windows. Spray with water with a tiny amount of Morning Fresh (he stipulated that brand), squeegee off WITHIN 7 SECONDS otherwise you end up with streaks. If necessary do windows a bit at a time. Polish with a microfibre cloth.

Reactions: Ricci and Annette V
I was told a few years back to use finish dishwashing liquid it dries your grasses in the dishwasher why wouldn't it dry you glass windows and pool fences

Reactions: Ricci
I was told a few years back to use finish dishwashing liquid it dries your grasses in the dishwasher why wouldn't it dry you glass windows and pool fences
do you mean dishwasher or dishwashing liquid . dishwasher detergent is the most caustic chemical in your house . (unless you,ve got some acid ):eek:

Reactions: Ricci