The Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Move To An Aged Care Facility

Hi there members!

We have made a downloadable mini-eBook guide (it's only 25 pages) on how to plan your move into an Aged Care Facility. A little while ago we did an article on this topic which you can read here, and we got a lot of feedback from a few members who said that this information would be even better if they could download it and have it on their own computer or print it out!

So please find our 'Ultimate Guide To Planning Your Move To An Aged Care Facility' right here! We really hope this is helpful information and if you have any other advice or information you would like to add, please feel free to comment it below and we can add it to our second edition of the eBook :)

If you're having any issues clicking on the above hyperlinks, this is the link to the mini eBook guide - https://sdc-ebook.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/SDC_2022_Aged_Care_Facility.pdf

Thanks!
The SDC Team.

Sponsored
I've read your e-book very carefully. It is a well researched very informative document and as a resident of an aged care facility for 12 years I certainly agree with all of it. Unfortunately my husband and I are currently in the situation where the wonderful home we've been in has been bought out by another profit driven company and our amazing home has become a hell on earth. Unfortunately it took us all our money and assets to get in here so now we have no finances to get ourselves into somewhere else. We both will hopefully have many more years to live because we first entered care in our 50s because of disability not age. So we are both only in our late 60s. It seems unthinkable that we will have to continue to be stuck here for the rest of our lives with no alternative. It is certainly a depressing outlook.

I've read your e-book very carefully. It is a well researched very informative document and as a resident of an aged care facility for 12 years I certainly agree with all of it. Unfortunately my husband and I are currently in the situation where the wonderful home we've been in has been bought out by another profit driven company and our amazing home has become a hell on earth. Unfortunately it took us all our money and assets to get in here so now we have no finances to get ourselves into somewhere else. We both will hopefully have many more years to live because we first entered care in our 50s because of disability not age. So we are both only in our late 60s. It seems unthinkable that we will have to continue to be stuck here for the rest of our lives with no alternative. It is certainly a depressing outlook.
@leanneh Oh my goodness, my heart just broke reading this. I am so terribly sorry you are in this situation. Did you get any fore warning about your home getting bought out by another profit driven company? I cannot believe this can just happen and the people actually living in the village don't get a say?

I guess this is something other members should be aware of, but it doesn't sound like there is much you can do to avoid it from happening? I am so sorry @leanneh I hope there are still things you can do that you enjoy, like spending time with your partner? Friends? Family? We are sending all of our love to you!

• Love
Reactions: KatKop
Oh Leanneh, So sorry that you are in this situation. I hope you have many friends in your Care Residence and at least they will help to brighten your days. Hopefully some things will change in time to make living there more pleasant. XX

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this Leanne :( Perhaps if the other residents feel the same way you could band together and sign a petition for specific changes or ask if you could elect a representative who could work with the facility's management to create a more manageable environment? I know that things must feel pretty hopeless but please let us know if theres any way you think we might be able to help.