Vinylted

Aug 24, 2021
THE GREAT SUPERMARKET/GREENIE RECYCLE SCAM.​

Both major supermarket chains are now bragging about going green, showing their “green” credentials for gullible people to believe how nice they are.

Many moons ago the Greens screamed, ban paper bags, save our trees and the planet! Business complied gladly, plastic was so much cheaper, they laughed all the way to the bank. The Greens proclaimed plastic bags are spoiling the environment, along came reusable bags sold everywhere with the message “do your bit cut down use of plastic” more profits flowed into business coffers.

Business got green credits for making bags biodegradable, customers were happy they had handy bags for kitchen tidies. BUT with the proliferation of plastics bags of all sizes, for all businesses, and the lack of recycling for soft plastics meant they were everywhere even as fish food.

The greens were outraged yet again and governments saw political advantage and banned use of non-recyclable bags. Supermarkets were even happier than the greens stop supplying plastic bags and charge for re-usable bags. They laughed all the way to the bank again, but even better, housewives had to buy waste bags for their kitchen tidy bins so they were now hilarious.

Then came Covid-19 and the shutdowns more & more people (especially the elderly) opted for home delivery, or delivered into your boot at the store. Oh sorry, but you can’t use your own bags any more we will have to supply reusable bags, only $1.00 per delivery (my average 5 bags equates to 20 cents each). By this stage the bean counters are rolling on the floor laughing. But they are reusable? but where? not at the stores, sorry still soft plastic so not in recycle bins, twice the thickness or more so not suitable for rubbish, besides being non-biodegradable. I have accumulated over the 18months of lockdowns and covid scares about 150 bags… what to do with them?

I could opt for at $1.50 per delivery paper bags also supposedly reusable and recyclable. Every delivery I have received from Woolworths has an unremovable (yes plastic) sticker attached showing my order number, type of contents and my name. Does a plastic sticker make paper less recyclable yes I suspect it does.

Quite a rant, with my apologies to all, but we are all being taken for idiots by the Greens and their allies big business.

Reactions: Rowdy1961