The easiest and quickest way to get rid of stubborn grime on your oven racks

One of the most difficult and tedious things to clean at home, without a doubt, is the oven. Trying to get rid of all the grease and leftover food residue is like involuntarily signing up for a killer arm workout – the scrubbing feels like it’s never going to end and you’re left dreading the next cleaning session.

While there’s an endless supply of tips you can find online about how to tackle the cleaning process, this one, in particular, is perfect if you’re looking for the fastest way to make your oven racks look brand new.

According to one cleaning product brand Fabulosa, you can speed up the cleaning process if you freeze some dish soap in an ice cube or silicone muffin tray first.

The brand demonstrated the trick in a TikTok video.

jGH2rZMhC6mFFtn6WNMZkGg_8O5DDuo56ZiZPNHKu2KkxZviA77fjZ8QoUXfkDTslcEuO7PzTpYgd3GsCjTYfw6q1EKpzefpdOuuEaXC1rNjfaZhRv9Zi6vpsvK6-_mDSmWo7tNUzNpPw0BvDgzCo24
FbYIFB52MefghskLyFlN3kVyA-CQM9ZjuHfpsXAWA_47oQXkfNgl9rLaAcZlm6hdB1bwHt5A6LU_MgztzSIW8F3_Rw4c1V0IcMb9Q1NEga2H9PQBAiDRqJu7CKEjQlU3DYbUM9zK3oyMHjfpAzbVhJE

The secret to a spotless oven rack. Source: @fabulosa_cleaning

Start by filling up the individual compartments halfway with dish soap before popping them in the freezer.

Once they are completely frozen, take a piece out, rub it along the racks, and watch your oven rack go from filthy to spotless. The clip proved how well the hack works as the residue can be seen melting onto the counter during the process.

Last but not least, finish it off with a quick rinse under running water. Easy-peasy, right?

‘Frozen detergent hack that leaves oven racks sparkling and lemony fresh. Perfect to leave in pans, oven dishes, and sinks for extra soaking too! Who's trying this?’ Fabulosa captioned the TikTok video.

The clip received over 19,000 views and dozens of comments from users who were keen to give the tip a shot.

‘I’m doing this tomorrow, wow!’ one user wrote.

‘I’ve definitely got to try this.’ chimed another.

‘This is genius!’ a third praised.

uqN3ah3tI-W3ER3rM7MVr1pKB3UlrSsmMKEP8KajOttmi8uM6HeoI2gElvHBNpgkq95q1kiWqlVqR2QeyEQ2NRGe08x5r6aSLgMJeInU4y5YbzA6VyNMydPtHIUdaHJgHUlm56x-XlmkUcafd8coXLk
rtNSv8f2lOdT2y6W0xOUatg2Zur8nOq8jXlW7GmK07aq02nzerC6ePKPxAI1BNQRVBXTRjj-cvX5_ytf7gE-O13LToB176kuhth3FWsfXU9F29XSzHB3q4bztxXijPPQr8T2FzlsaNe0hV2E2ndVys8

Any brand of detergent works! Source: @tanyahomeinspo

The detergent hack was originally shared by another TikTok user, @tanyahomeinspo, who used a different brand of dish soap instead of Fabulosa. This further proves that any detergent will likely work well when frozen.

If you can’t get enough of nifty cleaning tips, we highly recommend you read this fantastic article about another unconventional cleaning item here!

What are your thoughts on this unusual cleaning tip? Better yet, how do you conquer dirty oven racks? Let us know in the comments below!
Watch Fabulosa’s full TikTok video here:

Source: @fabulosa_cleaning

Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
I have tried so many oven cleaners and hacks for oven cleaners .
I do so much cooking and I love a clean oven and the easiest thing on earth is the oven cleaner

Ozkleen Oven Power Cleaner Kit​

below
It comes with a huge bag that you pop the racks in , leave for 4 hours and they magically become clean , you rinse off with minimal scrubbing. Cost around $8 at Coles and woollies 6290388-th.jpg

Yep I agree with the comment from Suzanne Rose (above).

Ozkleen Oven Power Cleaner Kit is the best !​

I never use any other oven cleaner. This product is amazing. Put some of the liquid on the inside walls of the oven an the rest of the liquid into the giant bag provided, along with the racks. I leave mine overnight (turning the bag often).
In the morning rinse clean your sparkling racks. No scrubbing no residue or strong smell remaining. Try it - you will never use a different oven cleaner I bet. It's cheap too !

6290388.jpg
6290388.jpg

Once a year I treat myself and get OvenU to come in and clean the oven, Steve has it finished in just over an hour and that includes all four glass panels of the door. It is a pyrolytic oven and probably the worst waste of money on the market.