Single mum shares messages of body positivity through Kmart dresses

In a world where fashion and body image often go hand-in-hand, it's refreshing to see a wave of positivity and self-love that's as stylish as it is empowering.

A viral, budget-friendly dress from Kmart became a beacon of body positivity thanks to a mum's inspiring message.

Adelaide-based online content creator Chloe Ferrari turned heads and won hearts with her latest fashion showcase.

This time, she featured Kmart's Long Sleeve Luxe Square Neck Maxi Dress ($30) in a coff bean colour.

Ferrari took to social media to share her love for the dress and to reinforce a powerful message.

Chloe F.jpeg
Online content creator Chloe Ferrari showcased her new Kmart find in a video. Image Credit: TikTok/Chloe Ferrari

'You can still look hot as f*** without a flat stomach,' she shared in a video.

'I don't have a flat stomach, and I don't hate myself,' she added.

'Yes, I know I'm only a size 12…and it's not about being like "I love myself so much"—it's simply not hating yourself.'

Her candidness and confidence struck a chord with viewers, and her message resonated with many.

Despite facing criticism in the past for embracing her figure, Ferrari was undeterred and continued spreading her body-positive messages and encouraging others to do the same.

Ferrari highlighted the dress's flattering features, such as the square neckline and the strategic ruching around the stomach area, which she appreciated for its ability to 'disguise undies'.

She also advised those hesitant about trying new, bold, and intimidating styles.

'The only way to gain confidence is by doing what you are scared to do and simply practising it. Sometimes that means just getting the dress and wearing it around the house,' she said.

The response from her followers has been positive, with many expressing their newfound confidence and appreciation for Ferrari's anti-body-shaming ethos.

The dress has become a hot commodity, with followers sharing their experiences and even rushing to purchase the dress in various colours.

'I own every version they come out with in this dress at a size 22 and will continue to buy them if they release any more,' one follower shared and highlighted the dress's size range.

In a previous article, Ferrari also faced body shaming while trying on another Kmart dress.

However, the online content creator chose to promote self-love and positivity, with many of her followers defending her and her advocacy for body positivity.

Watch Chloe’s video here:

Source: @chloefferrari/TikTok

Fashion has no age or size limit—it's about feeling good in your skin and wearing what makes you happy.

So, whether embracing the curves of life's journey or simply looking for a comfortable yet chic addition to your wardrobe, take a leaf out of Chloe Ferrari's book and wear what you love with confidence.
Key Takeaways

• Mum and online content creator Chloe Ferrari was praised for her body-positive message on social media while showcasing Kmart's $30 Luxe Square Neck Maxi Dress.
  • Despite facing previous social media backlash for her figure, Ferrari encouraged her followers to wear what they feel comfortable in, regardless if they have a tummy.
  • Ferrari highlighted the features of the Kmart dress, from its flattering ruching and square neckline.
  • Ferrari's followers expressed their newfound confidence in embracing their bodies, with some rushing to purchase the Kmart dress.
You may have seen a positive shift in the fashion industry towards inclusivity. Have you had a similar experience with clothes that made you feel good? Share your thoughts and stories with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
So many today are so vain, obsessed with clothes, make up and everything else. It seems to rule and break so many lives. On tv last night I saw a "fashion parade" in the name of Carla Zampatti. I doubt this lady; while alive; would have been pleased with the dirty, ripped look. Stuff we would have been made to put in the rag bag. There seems to be pride and self respect today in all the wrong places.

l don't think she looks very elegant with her stomach stuck out. Does anyone remember the elasticated roll=ons?
they were great for keeping the stomach in
Yes Ebby, I wore "step ins". Actually they were quite comfortable so long as you had the right size.

We all worry too much about how other people see us. Those days are gone for me, If you feel happy and comfortable in what you wear go for it. I dress for me now - like it or lump it!