Shopper finds shocking surprise in this ALDI item! Could your food be tampered with, too?

Shoppers are no strangers to grocery mishaps.

However, some of these issues are concerning as they are weird.

Imagine a shopper's surprise while preparing a delicious breakfast, only to find a chunk of her meal gone.

An ALDI shopper took to social media to complain about a twin pack of bacon she bought in-store.

'Got a rude shock to find a human bite out of my Berg short-cut bacon twin pack. I have sent ALDI information, etc, in regards, waiting to hear back,' she wrote in a post.

compressed-aldi bacon.jpeg
A shopper shared side-to-side photos of store-bought bacon on social media. Image Credit: Facebook/ALDI Fans Australia

'I cannot contact the store or speak to anyone regarding inspecting other on-shelf stock. So maybe avoid, unless, of course, you don't mind,' she concluded.

Her social media post quickly became the town's talk and sparked a flurry of speculation among consumers.

The incident also raised questions about food safety and the integrity of supermarket products.

Some ALDI customers found the situation laughable.

'Oh dear, I bet the ALDI customer service crew get a laugh out of this complaint,' one comment wrote.

'I'm giggling a little here. Someone got peckish,' another wrote.

'I really, really want to know what the story is here!' a third exclaimed.

However, only some were convinced that the missing portion of bacon resulted from a hungry individual.

'Definitely not a bite unless they have deformed teeth and jaw structure,' someone wrote.

'It's too neat and even to be a bite. Disconcerting, regardless,' another chimed in.

'I'd say while it was all one piece, something was cut around a piece of bone, etc, then when it goes through the slicer, the pieces move, and the edges fray,' someone speculated.

With all these speculations, many are concerned about what this could mean for food items' safety and quality control.

As of writing, ALDI has not commented on the case.

The debate over the nature of the missing bacon piece highlights a broader concern about the processes in place to ensure food safety and prevent tampering.

Even with stringent quality control measures applied in supermarkets, anomalies can occur, and consumers must be vigilant and report any issues.

If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, take photos of the product and packaging as evidence, and provide as much detail as possible when contacting customer service.
Key Takeaways

• An ALDI shopper found a 'human bite' mark on a twin pack of bacon.
  • The baffling discovery led to various responses online, with some finding it amusing and sceptical.
  • The cause of the missing portion of bacon remained a mystery and prompted shoppers' speculation.
  • The supermarket giant has not yet released a statement on the issue.
Have you ever encountered something unusual in your supermarket purchases? How did you handle it? Share your stories with us in the comments section below.

• Wow
Reactions: Petra
Sponsored
We see the open pack with a chunk removed that we can see goes top to bottom. Why can we NOT see it on the other pic which is the bottom of the pack.

Reactions: Reaper123
I think its the way it's been cut and packed. Certainly doesn't look like a bite to me. And besides who would bite into raw bacon.?

Reactions: DLHM
Wonder if the shopper weighed it to make sure she was getting the full 500g ???

• Haha
I'm sceptical that's a human bite. Who would eat a chunk of raw bacon - you'd need to be desperate methinks! Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I'm sceptical that's a human bite. Who would eat a chunk of raw bacon - you'd need to be desperate methinks! Sounds a bit dodgy to me.
Guess I'm dodgy, along with Kman ;) love cured bacon. It's lucky to reach the pan

I have a friend who loves raw sausage meat, now that is savage

Last edited:
  • Wow
Guess I'm dodgy, along with Kman ;) love cured bacon. It's lucky to reach the pan

I have a friend who loves raw sausage meat, now that is savage
My mum used to lick her fingers after making rissoles. Didn't seem to do her any harm - lived to 90.

• Wow
Reactions: MariaG and DLHM
It looks like the bite from a small child. Maybe they grabbed it from the trolley & bit into it, & the parent returned it to the dairy section & grabbed a fresh pack?