Shop faster with this 'genius' Kmart shopping trick!

As we navigate the aisles of our favourite stores, we're always looking for ways to make our shopping experience smoother.

One Kmart customer shared a tip that left fellow bargain hunters in awe, dubbing it 'life-changing' and 'genius'.

A Kmart enthusiast took to social media and shared her simple yet effective method for checking the item prices without using an in-store scanner.

'I had a little brain bulb moment today at Kmart. Rather than taking the item to the scanner, you can take a picture of the barcode and scan it from your phone!' she shared.

Many shoppers expressed their surprise and flooded positive comments about the tip.

compressed-pexels-kampus-7289717.jpeg
Kmart shoppers can scan product barcodes using their smartphone cameras. Image Credit: Pexels/Kampus Production

'I have never thought of this! No idea why. It makes complete sense,' one person wrote.

'I must be an egg, too, because I didn't think of this,' another wrote.

While some sceptics questioned this approach, several shoppers confirmed its success after using the tip.

It works at Kmart's in-store scanners and self-serve checkouts.

'I did this once when I wanted to buy a shirt, but the only one in my size had no tag. I took a photo of the barcode on another and scanned that at the self-serve checkout. Worked a treat!' one shared.

'I've been doing this for years. It's genius. Also, in Woolies, if you have the app, you can use that to find prices, too,' another shared a tip for Woolworths customers.

A Kmart spokesperson confirmed that the photo barcode trick is valid but encouraged customers to use the actual barcode for better results.

However, shoppers also pointed out that the Kmart app on iOS and Android has a built-in scanner for those who prefer a more streamlined approach.

Customers can scan items directly by downloading the app and using the scanner in the top right corner of the screen.

The app's scanner gives users a detailed product page with customer reviews and additional information. It's also a handy tool for tracking online orders.

For OnePass and Flybuys members, it allows easy access to in-store purchase receipts.

Whether you're discreetly scanning potential gifts from prying eyes or dealing with bulky items, these scanning methods are Kmart shopper-approved.

So, next time you find yourself in Kmart, or any other store for that matter, remember this nifty tip.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart customer shared a tip for checking prices without needing to use in-store scanners.
  • Shoppers can take photos of the item's barcode and scan it from their phone at Kmart's scanners and self-serve checkouts.
  • The Kmart app also includes a built-in scanner function for convenience.
  • The tip is especially useful for bulky items that are difficult to scan using traditional methods.
Has this tip improved your shopping experience? Share your stories in the comments below, and let's continue to help each other shop smarter.

Sponsored
Somebody will take a photo of a barcode on a shirt and buy a more expensive coat or shoes instead!!!🤔

I just use the barcode on the app.

The only thing I'd like to see is an app that sends you to the location of a specific item in the Supermarket.
I don't know how many times I have wandered around like a lost lamb trying to find stuff that has been moved.
You need to go on safari to find a team member who can help you. One thing for sure, the self-serve checkouts would not help.