S

Sean Camara

REVEALED: Plant expert shares secret on how to grow beautiful avocado trees from scratch

REVEALED: Plant expert shares secret on how to grow beautiful avocado trees from scratch
Melbourne plant expert Brad Canning, who calls himself "CEO of plantok", has recently gone viral after he revealed his secret to growing beautiful avocado trees from scratch in your own home.

In his now-viral video posted on TikTok, the plant expert advised his viewers to "not throw away your avocado pips," claiming that he uses these pips to grow his own luscious avocado trees.

Credit: TikTok/@bradcanning

Brad explained: “Keep them [the pips], peel the skin off, wrap them in a damp paper towel, put it in a zip lock bag and then after a few weeks there will be a root."

The video then showed Brad effortlessly removing the seed from the fruit.

Once he extracted the seed, he quickly wrapped it in a paper towel and sealed it in a reusable plastic bag.

“Chuck it in some water and then you will have your very own avocado houseplant that can live in water forever,” Brad explained.

KGu3_Ma1dXbVhvyWQ6GJbz1pK8cfydcFCf_5hNTCHLBATqmKgM6jEr1PftaPlDhUv7cs-dUR07efDx4Y143WEc9Puu4q0kAICFc8z_w3CgILSw_2XnF8qb0svHWDtKBUT3UDIGI

Brad advised to not throw the avocado pips away as they can be used to grow avocado plants. Credit: TikTok/@bradcanning.

The video, which has been viewed more than 1.8 million times, also featured Brad's impressive collection of luscious avocado trees.

Brad's hack has gained traction in the popular social media platform, with many saying that they will try the hack for themselves.

It must be noted that avocado plants can take up to 10 years to bear fruits. Brad claimed that his intention for growing avocado trees is purely for aesthetic purposes only.

Do you know any other plant growing techniques or tips? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Reactions: Yanellio
I have managed to get mine to the leaf growing stage but then I put it in soil and it died. Maybe I should try and keep it in water. I'm so bad with plants

I have managed to get mine to the leaf growing stage but then I put it in soil and it died. Maybe I should try and keep it in water. I'm so bad with plants
As Brad said he was only growing for "indoor" use in water.

I have two trees that I have grown from seed. One has fruit now and is over 10 years old and the other is only about 2 years old. I put the seed in a glass suspended by toothpicks and covered the bottom of the seed with water. The method described here sounds so much easier

I have two trees that I have grown from seed. One has fruit now and is over 10 years old and the other is only about 2 years old. I put the seed in a glass suspended by toothpicks and covered the bottom of the seed with water. The method described here sounds so much easier
Yes I've tried that way too but this way does look much simpler. I think I'll give it a go now that I know it can stay in water permanently

Reactions: Anna-Marie