Public warning issued about popular water filter company – ‘Avoid dealing with them!’

An official consumer watchdog has warned Australians to steer clear of a company selling water filters after being bombarded with countless complaints about the products not being sent, wrong orders, and issues with refunds.

NSW Fair Trading Executive Director Valerie Griswold urged consumers to avoid purchasing from Tru Water–a company that sells water filtration systems and purification tablets–through their two websites: ‘truwater.com.au’ and ‘truwater.co.nz’.

Ms Griswold explained that since April 2020, Fair Trading has accumulated 355 complaints and 164 enquiries related to the company.

'Consumers have complained about delayed and partial delivery of orders, products substituted without the customer’s consent, and misrepresentation of goods advertised on the website,' she stated.

IiQy12MjdxVxr8J0_divwSsq_z3mtitly8GwDIjCODJxEISK2lb652oLVgEkIcgKTJS3tEnvStmDg6FYEtgXFwwDjR6ejWFKXGkqXNN3xW1bzbSvNer78gJHq97o4_S4I7SDdJunbh2B6OOQHeOlEks

Be cautious about ordering from this company. Source: TruWater

The situation got so out of hand that the company was slapped with a two-star rating on ‘productreview.com.au’, which is a website that allows users to give honest reviews of various products.

Consumers weren’t shy about leaving brutal, scathing feedback about Truwater’s services. Based on the reviews, orders not arriving is a common occurrence.

‘Do NOT buy from this site!’ one user cautioned. ‘It’s a scam business. It took my money but no product was sent. I've been asking for a refund via online chat and no one was able to help me. It has been 6 weeks!’

‘I ordered a $35 tap and my credit card was charged $55… So I talked to a bot on their website. In the end, I didn’t get a refund for the extra charge neither did I get the tap.’ wrote another.

'I ordered two water filters three months ago from this company and after following up multiple times, they told me that my order was still “processing”.' a third said.

f6mL7lNmYf-dea4t_mAmpKl7emFunJwgap-xZU4b0B4SF_QcRZLKQMekpTb92YBc474NQlyNdWg-qV7BPyc1KdHLFpuLHx3KFvmd940FIV4AxOUn4GLJmfasqF3fmIgbLVKWwuLYkY4ccPG04DRQzS8
fPrt8nOHjE_3XvIsoF5BSuaGHxjvRTKSgtoKCmJMoMKsdc71tU_XfvVFOsyu-_Yp1zLpp2Tu1IJ4bWarBRFtU7jtFETfUngyAldWeaHN3_fAr1Mj-vRX4CZlb-nh7Qff40el_U0u53R2uXtMA3co058

TruWater received backlash from disgruntled customers. Source: Product Reviews

‘The first time I followed up on my order (after waiting two months), the company was apologetic and explained they had a glitch. My order wasn’t processed from their end but they reassured me that my order should be shipped in the next five days.’

'That was a month ago… After attempting to follow up again, I still have not heard back from them and my order still has not been shipped. I tried to get a refund for my $84 purchase but to no avail. I’m very disappointed.' a fourth shared.

'I bought a water filter listed as ‘in stock’ and didn’t receive any shipping updates for 2 weeks.’

'Followed up and finally received a ‘compatible’ product rather than the genuine water filter after a month. Go elsewhere.’ one more commented.

Ms Griswold advised anyone who has experienced similar issues with Tru Water to contact NSW Fair Trading by calling 13 32 20 or heading to their website.

Had you heard of TruWater before reading this article? If so, have you ordered a product from them? Did you also have a bad experience? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Sponsored
I dealt with them and had to (after some time) refer to my Wespac Alititude card to get a refund. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

We have been Puratap customers for 30 years and they are absolutely fabulous in quality and service. You get what you pay for.

We have a Sentry benchtop water filter, great product and the company provides excellent after sales service.