SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Old computers

Members, do you remember when computers used to look like this? From spreadsheets to floppy discs and vintage games—it’s mindblowing to think that men were sent to the Moon on a much less powerful computer than this! Do you still own a set at home? Share your memories with us here.

436261932_10161762455897884_3479404812215064149_n.jpg
Source: John Kendall/The Australia I Remember Group

WoW - That's not old - try owning one that every time you started it up you had too type in code to make it work.

Reactions: Johan van Zalen
I was working for an export company and they decided to join the wave of computers in the office. All us girls had to do an aptitude test to determine our level of our ability to use this machine.
The results came in and I failed. Consequently I was replaced.
Looking back now I think how stupid the test was. Computers are so much of my life these days, eg, phone, tablet and laptop.

I remember how utterly fascinated we were by our first computer and the game we played - like a ping pong with a little white shape moving from side to side! I guess the guy that said personal computers would never catch on was wrong!

I remember how utterly fascinated we were by our first computer and the game we played - like a ping pong with a little white shape moving from side to side! I guess the guy that said personal computers would never catch on was wrong!
Yeah that was the mistake IBM made believing that there was no place for a personal computer

My first business computer I had in Tasmania many moons ago and it was constantly breaking down. Useless piece of shit try getting a computer whizz to the west coast. Ha🙀took great pleasure throwing it over the tip wall.🤣