SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Suzanne rose

Suzanne rose

Jun 27, 2022
Sydney
Mangoes Galore 🥭

I've had a few people over this past week who were amazed at how big and how many mangoes 🥭 are on my tree.
They actually thought mangoes wouldn't grow in Sydney .

I have two trees with around 150 huge mangoes still on it and we have eaten so many of these delicious goodness.

So to anyone in Sydney don't be put off growing mangoes .

Screenshot_20240208_145830_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240208_145910_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240208_174813_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240208_174820_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240208_174825_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240208_174831_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240208_180023_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbour has been giving me mangos. They've been hit and miss with taste though. It's a large tree and now the bats have found them at night.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Yum 😋 love mangoes.
One of my favourite
My neighbour has been giving me mangos. They've been hit and miss with taste though. It's a large tree and now the bats have found them at night.
We have been giving them to family, friends and neighbours. It's incredible how big and tasty they are.

My neighbour across the road also have huge mangoes on their tree .
I think it's our weather , lots of rain, then lots of sunshine and very horrible humid weather.

My banana trees are even producing more than a few months ago .
Screenshot_20240214_195043_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240214_195049_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240214_195055_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240214_195108_Gallery.jpg

One of my favourite

We have been giving them to family, friends and neighbours. It's incredible how big and tasty they are.

My neighbour across the road also have huge mangoes on their tree .
I think it's our weather , lots of rain, then lots of sunshine and very horrible humid weather.

My banana trees are even producing more than a few months ago .
View attachment 41176View attachment 41177View attachment 41178View attachment 41179
Those bananas look nice. Good idea to cover the fruit. You won't be able to do that when the tree grows unfortunately.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Those bananas look nice. Good idea to cover the fruit. You won't be able to do that when the tree grows unfortunately.
Hubby's thinking of cutting the top.

We are 50/50 in do well sell and move or stay and renovate.

I've got all my kitchen designs drawn up but if we sell I won't do the kitchen.
If we stay we will put in a pool which means hubby loses alot of his vegie garden but we want to travel so he won't have time to maintain it, but the mango trees stay and banana trees go.

This is my current kitchen , Tasmanian oak I want to change it to white and remove the breakfast island and add a breakfast bench to divide the kitchen to the dining room.

Screenshot_20240214_201523_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240214_201508_Gallery.jpg
I want to change it to this including replacing my window to French windows and changing the tiles to floating floor boards. The bottom photo is what I will change the splash back to.
Screenshot_20240214_201658_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240214_201727_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240214_201740_Gallery.jpg

Hubby's thinking of cutting the top.

We are 50/50 in do well sell and move or stay and renovate.

I've got all my kitchen designs drawn up but if we sell I won't do the kitchen.
If we stay we will put in a pool which means hubby loses alot of his vegie garden but we want to travel so he won't have time to maintain it, but the mango trees stay and banana trees go.

This is my current kitchen , Tasmanian oak I want to change it to white and remove the breakfast island and add a breakfast bench to divide the kitchen to the dining room.

View attachment 41184View attachment 41180
I want to change it to this including replacing my window to French windows and changing the tiles to floating floor boards. The bottom photo is what I will change the splash back to.
View attachment 41181View attachment 41182View attachment 41183
Yes, I would be in a dilemna as well. Love the Tasmanian Oak cupboards. The white looks lovely too. Many decisions for you both, that's for sure.

Yes, I would be in a dilemna as well. Love the Tasmanian Oak cupboards. The white looks lovely too. Many decisions for you both, that's for sure.
Problem is we want to downsize too a single story or split level home.
I've been looking and absolutely nothing.
Hubby said to wait as he believes the government will bring in no stamp duty for seniors if they down size, which would be a savings of around $60,000 we currently have 7 bedrooms. And 700 sq metres.

If we don't sell I want a bigger kitchen .

Problem is we want to downsize too a single story or split level home.
I've been looking and absolutely nothing.
Hubby said to wait as he believes the government will bring in no stamp duty for seniors if they down size, which would be a savings of around $60,000 we currently have 7 bedrooms. And 700 sq metres.

If we don't sell I want a bigger kitchen .
Sounds a good plan!

Reactions: Suzanne rose