SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Maddie Recommends... It Ends With Us By Colleen Hoover

Hello hello lovely book worm members! I come with yet another recommendation for you all...

Now hear me out! As I did with my last book recommendations, I'm reading books 'outside of my comfort zone' i.e. books I would never normally read, and this book is absolutely no exception! I don't usually like 'love stories' but this story hit quite differently and really sat with me and I think will sit with me for a very, very long time.

As I said, I don't usually like 'love stories' so this book took me a little while to get into - I think about 100 or so pages. In my opinion, everything felt too good to be true (without giving away too much).

I love the way this book has been written. It took me into another world which is what I'm after when I read my books! Once I got 'into' the book, and past the first few chapters I couldn't put it down. I don't want to give too much away, but I think it's well worth a read. Especially as a woman, but I think any man can benefit from reading it too...

According to 'Good reads' it has a 4.43 star rating out of 5. Which I think is pretty fair. I think my rating would be around 3.5-4 star. I loved it, but it wouldn't be my favourite book of all time. If you'd like to know a little more about it, this is what the 'Good reads' teaser is...

"Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most. Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up — she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan — her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened."

Let me know if any of you have read it and what you thought of it? I'm now moving onto some of your book recommendations and I can't wait to dig into them! I've posted a photo of the cover of the book below so you know what to look out for if you're interested in giving it a read! :)

51irsfz72HL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg