Kmart shoppers are loving this $1250 Gucci shoes dupe! Are you missing out?

In today's social media-driven era, where people often share videos and posts flaunting their ‘outfit of the day’ (OOTD), designer brands have gained significant visibility.

Yet, with the skyrocketing cost of living, owning one of these sought-after items remains a distant aspiration for most.

This is why Kmart shoppers are buzzing with excitement over a $1250 Gucci shoe 'dupe' (‘duplicate’), offering them an affordable way to enjoy a taste of luxury.

Recently, a ‘famous’ social media account, @KmartInsider, shared a surprising find: a $20 pair of slides from Kmart that looks very similar to Gucci's Horsebit Leather Slippers, which cost a whopping $1,250.

The shoes, listed as ‘Almond Chain Detail Mules’ on Kmart's website, are available in both black and taupe colours. Kmart's mules feature an 'almond toe' design crafted from synthetic materials for the upper, lining, and outsole.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 12.21.47 PM.png
Kmart dupes, placed next to the real Gucci shoes, look almost exactly the same. Image source: Social media–Kmart Insider (@KmartInsider)

Gucci's Princetown slippers, on the other hand, are crafted from genuine leather and are known for their distinctive ‘gold-toned horsebit’ feature, which is described as an ‘archival symbol inspired by the equestrian world’.

Since these Kmart shoes were shared on social media, shoppers have been in a frenzy trying to get what they consider 'dupes' or budget-friendly alternatives.

‘So excited. I’ve wanted a pair of these Guccis for so long but could never afford them,’ said one.

Another wrote: ‘Will be going to Kmart on my way home for sure.’

A third said: ‘Kmart is making my dreams come true yet again.’

@KmartInsider has become popular for featuring Kmart styles closely resembling in-demand and expensive fashion pieces.

Recently, it spotlighted Kmart's release of a $15 item similar to a $1,285 Jacquemus bag.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 9.58.37 AM.png
A recent Bain & Co report suggests that younger generations start buying luxury items as early as age 15, leading some to turn to ‘dupes’ to keep up with their peers. Image source: Social media–Kmart Insider (@KmartInsider)

Key Takeaways

• Kmart offers $20 slides that resemble Gucci's $1,250 Horsebit Leather Slippers, causing a shopping frenzy.
  • The Almond Chain Detail Mules, available in black and taupe, feature synthetic materials throughout.
  • Promotions on @KmartInsider have spurred purchases, especially after featuring items like a $15 Kmart product mirroring a $1,285 Jacquemus bag.
Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Do you ever buy 'dupes'? Let us know your opinions in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
takes me back to the day when cabbage patch dolls knock off were also put up against the real thing. First thing kids did was to look for the birth mark, much that same a appropriate mark of the genuine article.

takes me back to the day when cabbage patch dolls knock off were also put up against the real thing. First thing kids did was to look for the birth mark, much that same a appropriate mark of the genuine article.
I have two original cabbage patch dolls in my attick . Both were my daughters who is now 46 and she hated those dolls

They are all awful
In today's social media-driven era, where people often share videos and posts flaunting their ‘outfit of the day’ (OOTD), designer brands have gained significant visibility.

Yet, with the skyrocketing cost of living, owning one of these sought-after items remains a distant aspiration for most.

This is why Kmart shoppers are buzzing with excitement over a $1250 Gucci shoe 'dupe' (‘duplicate’), offering them an affordable way to enjoy a taste of luxury.

Recently, a ‘famous’ social media account, @KmartInsider, shared a surprising find: a $20 pair of slides from Kmart that looks very similar to Gucci's Horsebit Leather Slippers, which cost a whopping $1,250.

The shoes, listed as ‘Almond Chain Detail Mules’ on Kmart's website, are available in both black and taupe colours. Kmart's mules feature an 'almond toe' design crafted from synthetic materials for the upper, lining, and outsole.

View attachment 30861
Kmart dupes, placed next to the real Gucci shoes, look almost exactly the same. Image source: Social media–Kmart Insider (@KmartInsider)

Gucci's Princetown slippers, on the other hand, are crafted from genuine leather and are known for their distinctive ‘gold-toned horsebit’ feature, which is described as an ‘archival symbol inspired by the equestrian world’.

Since these Kmart shoes were shared on social media, shoppers have been in a frenzy trying to get what they consider 'dupes' or budget-friendly alternatives.

‘So excited. I’ve wanted a pair of these Guccis for so long but could never afford them,’ said one.

@KmartInsider has become popular for featuring Kmart styles closely resembling in-demand and expensive fashion pieces.

Recently, it spotlighted Kmart's release of a $15 item similar to a $1,285 Jacquemus bag.

View attachment 30860
A recent Bain & Co report suggests that younger generations start buying luxury items as early as age 15, leading some to turn to ‘dupes’ to keep up with their peers. Image source: Social media–Kmart Insider (@KmartInsider)

Key Takeaways

• Kmart offers $20 slides that resemble Gucci's $1,250 Horsebit Leather Slippers, causing a shopping frenzy.
  • The Almond Chain Detail Mules, available in black and taupe, feature synthetic materials throughout.
  • Promotions on @KmartInsider have spurred purchases, especially after featuring items like a $15 Kmart product mirroring a $1,285 Jacquemus bag.
Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Do you ever buy 'dupes'? Let us know your opinions in the comments below!

Pointless saying it's amazing they almost look the same anything can be copied they are probably worth $20

You can't compare comfort , the Gucci ones are leather!!!

If you are looking for the same look that may not last long then they will be perfect.

I had a pair if these maybe 15 years ago but not something I personally like anymore .

So it's a no from me
Total agree

Reactions: spórol
There is nothing like "the real McCoy." I've lived long enough to know my leather. My 10 year old corn on my little toe was enough to put me into SKETCHES boots. Comfort personified. The choccies I no
longer put in my mouth makes buying "the best" for my feet worthwhile. Comfort in walking without pain has changed my life. I would plead with you all to do likewise if you had the pain I have been through . I have been so grateful as to just how a friend in Marketplace got me into them. xx Bless her!

Last edited:
A replica of the original thing may last for a little while to make you feel good about a bargain you have found; in the long run you will wish you had saved for the real deal. I wonder when the people wearing VERY high heels will wake up to the fact that those 2 feet are going to wear out long before any other part of your body. Fashion wants your money, not caring for your poor little feet later on.

Reactions: spórol and DLHM

View attachment 30861

View attachment 30860

Key Takeaways

They are the nastiest,ugliest, cheapest looking shoes I have ever seen👎😂

Reactions: Bullwinkle