Jackie O Henderson goes topless for this awareness campaign!

It takes guts for public figures to bare themselves on camera.

However, if it's for a cause they believe in, showing a different side of them is all worth it.

Aussie radio personality Jackie O Henderson recently took a bold step by joining an intriguing photo shoot, all in the name of public health and awareness.

The 49-year-old star and the other half of The Kyle and Jackie O Show is no stranger to the spotlight.

This time, she shed her layers for a cause close to her heart: skin cancer awareness and the importance of sunscreen.

Jackie O and her friend Gemma O'Neill shared some behind-the-scenes content, where they posed against a white backdrop, their bare shoulders exposed as they covered themselves with a white sheet.

compressed-jackie o.jpeg
Jackie O Henderson posed for Naked Sundays’s Cold Shoulder campaign and raised awareness for skin cancer. Image Credit: Instagram/Jackie O

The photo shoot was in partnership with skincare brand Naked Sundays for their Cold Shoulder campaign.

The campaign is not just about creating buzz but also about sending a critical message to everyone.

'I'm a huge advocate for using sunscreen and getting your skin checked! I've spoken recently about having several skin cancers removed,' Jackie wrote in her post.

'Gem and I are both very fair and are big believers in putting on sunscreen every day. We make our kids do the same—even if they grumble!' she added.

'Take care of your skin, regardless of the season.'

The response to her post was overwhelmingly positive, with fans and followers chiming in to support the message and compliment Jackie on her stunning appearance.

'A great message,' one wrote.

'Looking amazing and beautiful as always,' another commented.

'Thank you for raising sun safety awareness during Melanoma May,' a third added.

Jackie O Henderson's decision to participate in this campaign is rooted in her history of skin cancer.

In 2018, she spoke openly about the scar that would remain on her forehead for eight months following a procedure.

'I'm going to have a big scar on my forehead. I'm going to have stitches. Don't call me "Scarface", don't tease me about it, but it's happening soon,' she told co-host Kyle Sandilands.

Her vulnerability in discussing these personal challenges served as a powerful reminder of the silent threat that skin cancer poses.

Jackie O has been proactive in her health, regularly attending skin cancer checks due to her family history.

She also stressed that skin cancer could manifest in seemingly harmless ways, as the cancer on her forehead appeared as pale pink skin.

Jackie O's topless photoshoot is more than just a racy headline; it's a courageous act of advocacy that shines a light on a critical health issue.

Skin cancer is one of the most common cancers in Australia, with the country having one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world.

This is due to the high levels of UV radiation and a cultural love for the outdoors and sunbathing.

In related news, a mum was diagnosed with stage one skin cancer after initially mistaking a spot on her cheek for a pigmentation spot.

The spot's appearance changed over time, which prompted her to seek medical advice, leading to her cancer diagnosis.

As we age, our skin becomes more susceptible to the damaging effects of the sun.

It's essential to be vigilant about sun protection and skin checks.

The risk of skin cancer increases with age, and early detection is critical to successful treatment.

Jackie O's campaign is a stark reminder that no matter our age, we must care for our skin and be aware of any changes.
Key Takeaways

• Jackie O Henderson participated in a topless photoshoot to raise awareness for skin cancer prevention and the importance of using sunscreen.
  • The radio personality collaborated with her friend Gemma O'Neill and shared the message as part of a skincare brand's Cold Shoulder campaign.
  • Henderson had personal experiences with skin cancer removal and strongly advocated for regular skin checks and sun protection practices.
  • She was vocal about her skin cancer battles, discussing past surgeries and the importance of awareness.
Have you had similar experiences, or do you have tips for staying sun-safe? Share your stories and advice in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Yesterday I had "another"skin cancer removed, five stitches in my forehead.
Unfortunately there was not the knowledge around as much, when I was young.
Although I have never been a sunbaker, both my brother and I spent every spare minute riding our horses.
We have both had more skin cancers, too many to remember.
I have been having 3 monthly skin checks for almost 40 years now.
Just a word of warning though,not all skin cancers are caused by the sun. We have both had skin cancers on our legs and we certainly didn't go riding in shorts.
Just because you didn't get excess sun exposure doesn't mean you won't get skin cancers.
Pays to get checked anyway

She has a scar on her forehead but goes topless. You can get your message across without having to resort to being topless.
I've got a tramtrack on my stomach and 4 on my foot, all from cancer. Should I give them a laugh and strip off? If men did something like this with their private bits they'd end up in Court yet women can do it all the time eg Logies and, to my disgust, Sophie Monk on Lego Masters with her boobs constantly hanging out. Who want's their kids to see that sort of behaviour?

Yesterday I had "another"skin cancer removed, five stitches in my forehead.
Unfortunately there was not the knowledge around as much, when I was young.
Although I have never been a sunbaker, both my brother and I spent every spare minute riding our horses.
We have both had more skin cancers, too many to remember.
I have been having 3 monthly skin checks for almost 40 years now.
Just a word of warning though,not all skin cancers are caused by the sun. We have both had skin cancers on our legs and we certainly didn't go riding in shorts.
Just because you didn't get excess sun exposure doesn't mean you won't get skin cancers.
Pays to get checked anyway
Skin cancers are never ending aren’t they? My husband’s always having bits removed or being zapped with that stuff drs use or being treated with that horrible cream. He’s not had a melanoma, thank goodness, but the BCC’s have done enough damage. You’re always on the lookout for the next spot aren’t you?

I've got a tramtrack on my stomach and 4 on my foot, all from cancer. Should I give them a laugh and strip off? If men did something like this with their private bits they'd end up in Court yet women can do it all the time eg Logies and, to my disgust, Sophie Monk on Lego Masters with her boobs constantly hanging out. Who want's their kids to see that sort of behaviour?
Spot on gamify! It’s good to raise awareness but there are other ways. My husband certainly does his bit simply by showing everyone his empty orbit & tells them how it was caused by an aggressive BCC., though a missing eye is hard to disguise. Thankfully it doesn’t worry him & he refuses to cover up & most likely won’t bother with an artificial one because it would have to be attached with magnetic bits inserted in his skull.

She has a scar on her forehead but goes topless. You can get your message across without having to resort to being topless.
Remember it was part of a campaign. Other people did the same. And she wasn't really topless - the sheet covered her breasts.
Please people be kind with your comments. Skin cancer is very serious, but you still see people of all ages sun baking. We need the publicity to get the message across.

Remember it was part of a campaign. Other people did the same. And she wasn't really topless - the sheet covered her breasts.
Please people be kind with your comments. Skin cancer is very serious, but you still see people of all ages sun baking. We need the publicity to get the message across.
We’ll said thankyou.👍

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
Skin cancers are never ending aren’t they? My husband’s always having bits removed or being zapped with that stuff drs use or being treated with that horrible cream. He’s not had a melanoma, thank goodness, but the BCC’s have done enough damage. You’re always on the lookout for the next spot aren’t you?
Very true, I am always so relieved when, on my 3 monthly checks, if I'm told I'm clear.
Unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough.
I have also been lucky enough not to have a melanoma.

Spot on gamify! It’s good to raise awareness but there are other ways. My husband certainly does his bit simply by showing everyone his empty orbit & tells them how it was caused by an aggressive BCC., though a missing eye is hard to disguise. Thankfully it doesn’t worry him & he refuses to cover up & most likely won’t bother with an artificial one because it would have to be attached with magnetic bits inserted in his skull.
Love that husband of yours. I get sick of the boohoos. My first cancer at 16 was bone, age 32 cervical discovered with a hysterectomy, tiny skin on lip about 65 years then the mess made of me by Bundaberg Hospital with bowel in 2010. I know this will cause trouble but I'm sick of hearing about "breast cancer". People seem to think it's the end of the world instead of being in the most useless part of the body when kids and partners are finished with them. I refuse to donate to anything that doesn't give equally to ALL cancers including CHILDREN.

Love that husband of yours. I get sick of the boohoos. My first cancer at 16 was bone, age 32 cervical discovered with a hysterectomy, tiny skin on lip about 65 years then the mess made of me by Bundaberg Hospital with bowel in 2010. I know this will cause trouble but I'm sick of hearing about "breast cancer". People seem to think it's the end of the world instead of being in the most useless part of the body when kids and partners are finished with them. I refuse to donate to anything that doesn't give equally to ALL cancers including CHILDREN.
You certainly have been through so much and you sound as though it doesn’t control who you are. I know exactly what you mean, all cancers are dreadful & the treatment is pretty horrific. We tend to donate to fund raisers for children’s cancer and the facilities that provide treatment & support for cancer patients. Breast cancer is no worse than any of the others, you need support to get through whichever type you have. Ted always says that you have to keep looking forward and move while you can. He is so optimistic about everything, just like his mum who had bowel cancer. She & Ted both had the same oncologist which is amazing as her ordeal was 30 yrs ago. Keep going gamiry and keep chatting.

You certainly have been through so much and you sound as though it doesn’t control who you are. I know exactly what you mean, all cancers are dreadful & the treatment is pretty horrific. We tend to donate to fund raisers for children’s cancer and the facilities that provide treatment & support for cancer patients. Breast cancer is no worse than any of the others, you need support to get through whichever type you have. Ted always says that you have to keep looking forward and move while you can. He is so optimistic about everything, just like his mum who had bowel cancer. She & Ted both had the same oncologist which is amazing as her ordeal was 30 yrs ago. Keep going gamiry and keep chatting.
Love you PattiB and thank you. I've never been a poor me and don't intend starting now. Every day is a new one to make the best of that we can and the people in here make my day every day. XXXXXX