Is this woman's cleaning to-do list excessive, or are we just not doing enough?

As it starts to get a little bit warmer and the days a little longer, many of us start feeling the urge to give our homes a good spring clean. But if you've been putting off your annual declutter because you don't know where to start, then my goodness, does this woman have a plan for you.

Taking to the ‘Hinch Army Cleaning Tips’ Facebook page recently, Courtney Graham shared her list of jobs for each room in her house - and cleaning fans were either seriously impressed or concerned.

She wrote alongside a snap of her extensive chores: ‘So this is my proper deep clean as in 3 weeks I have family and friends coming to stay for my wedding.’

9365a4552916a83f24147e8de630c872.jpg
Courtney’s extensive cleaning to-do list. Image source: Facebook.

Starting with her lounge room, she listed cleaning the floor, skirting boards and tables; washing windows; wiping down surfaces; spraying air freshener, and dusting light fittings as just some of the tasks ahead.

As if that wasn't enough (I mean, it would be for me), she also had plans to tackle every other room in her house before guests arrived - including mopping floors throughout; making all beds; clearing surfaces topside AND underneath in every room; scrubbing showers and toilets (not just giving them a once-over with a spray bottle!); polishing furniture... we could go on but frankly, we're exhausted just reading it!

Many people were quick to say how inspired they were by her to-do list - but others weren't so sure about taking on such an intensive level of cleaning so close to having visitors over. We have to say, we definitely fall into the latter camp, only because I don’t know if our entire team could get this done in 3 weeks, let alone if I had to do it myself!

If there's one thing we've learned from experience here at SDC HQ it's that nothing is more stressful than trying to do too much in too short a time frame - especially when it comes to our homes - because you always find some way to procrastinate, like I don’t know, reading our daily newsletter for example? In our opinion (and from what we've seen on social media), you’re best to clean as you go, rather than having to do one huge clean once a year. After all, isn't it better to have a home that is generally tidy and clutter-free? But let’s take a look at what other members of the cleaning group had to say about Courtney’s list!

pexels-cottonbro-4108712.jpg
Cleaning: Do you love it, or avoid it at all costs? Image source: Pexels.

One wrote: ‘Have saved your to-do list as it’s inspiring.’

Another added: ‘Love, love, love lists!!’

Whereas, you also saw the other side of the spectrum with commenters against spending that much time cleaning the house. ‘No way! Life is too short,’ one person wrote.

‘Absolutely not! Working 14 hour shifts,’ another said.

While one declared: ‘I just shut the doors and go live a life full of joy.’

What do you think, members? Are you all for a big spring clean? Or do you prefer to clean throughout the year? Or are you someone who does the bare minimum when it comes to cleaning and thinks big cleans are a waste of time? We’d love to hear your take on this story!

Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
I'm sorry but the list isn't that long.
So many things on there are our every day clean or weekly.
I actually don't do a spring clean I'm a believer that you do a proper clean all the time.
Every week we clean under furniture
Stairs get swept weekly.
Lounge cushions every month
Curtains the start of each season
Windows once a month.

Unfortunately due to illness hubby and my daughters keep up the cleaning and I do what ever I can

Surely you don't need a list for cleaning, I would have thought it was pretty obvious what was needed. Start at ceiling height and clean on, in and round everything till you reach the floor then vacuum, sweep or mop, room done.:)

What about dusting walls and cleaning light fittings and dusting and polishing in general.

Declutter clothes on her bedroom floor ? I'm thinking she maybe very untidy and not organised and is doing this clean up because of her guests and she needs this list to get things done as she isn't used to ckeaning

Reactions: Duchess and Ricci
As
As it starts to get a little bit warmer and the days a little longer, many of us start feeling the urge to give our homes a good spring clean. But if you've been putting off your annual declutter because you don't know where to start, then my goodness, does this woman have a plan for you.

Taking to the ‘Hinch Army Cleaning Tips’ Facebook page recently, Courtney Graham shared her list of jobs for each room in her house - and cleaning fans were either seriously impressed or concerned.

She wrote alongside a snap of her extensive chores: ‘So this is my proper deep clean as in 3 weeks I have family and friends coming to stay for my wedding.’

View attachment 6699

Starting with her lounge room, she listed cleaning the floor, skirting boards and tables; washing windows; wiping down surfaces; spraying air freshener, and dusting light fittings as just some of the tasks ahead.

As if that wasn't enough (I mean, it would be for me), she also had plans to tackle every other room in her house before guests arrived - including mopping floors throughout; making all beds; clearing surfaces topside AND underneath in every room; scrubbing showers and toilets (not just giving them a once-over with a spray bottle!); polishing furniture... we could go on but frankly, we're exhausted just reading it!

Many people were quick to say how inspired they were by her to-do list - but others weren't so sure about taking on such an intensive level of cleaning so close to having visitors over. We have to say, we definitely fall into the latter camp, only because I don’t know if our entire team could get this done in 3 weeks, let alone if I had to do it myself!

If there's one thing we've learned from experience here at SDC HQ it's that nothing is more stressful than trying to do too much in too short a time frame - especially when it comes to our homes - because you always find some way to procrastinate, like I don’t know, reading our daily newsletter for example? In our opinion (and from what we've seen on social media), you’re best to clean as you go, rather than having to do one huge clean once a year. After all, isn't it better to have a home that is generally tidy and clutter-free? But let’s take a look at what other members of the cleaning group had to say about Courtney’s list!

View attachment 6698

Whereas, you also saw the other side of the spectrum with commenters against spending that much time cleaning the house. ‘No way! Life is too short,’ one person wrote.

What do you think, members? Are you all for a big spring clean? Or do you prefer to clean throughout the year? Or are you someone who does the bare minimum when it comes to cleaning and thinks big cleans are a waste of time? We’d love to hear your take on this story!
my daughter and I have a severe allergy to household dust, this is my monthly list, with a heavy duty mask on I start at the top IE cornices and fan then work my way down to the floor, everything is either Damp dusted or polished with a non allergy causing polish, I do a room at a time and if I run out if time complete the tasks left the next day it usually takes me a couple of days, I move all of the furniture and clean under once a month. We have been able to manage our allergies quite well with this regime for many years.

As

my daughter and I have a severe allergy to household dust, this is my monthly list, with a heavy duty mask on I start at the top IE cornices and fan then work my way down to the floor, everything is either Damp dusted or polished with a non allergy causing polish, I do a room at a time and if I run out if time complete the tasks left the next day it usually takes me a couple of days, I move all of the furniture and clean under once a month. We have been able to manage our allergies quite well with this regime for many years.
We do a similar clean both my daughter and I have severe dust Allergies, my daughter has sooo many allergies causing severe asthma.
I've got rid of all carpet and have polished floors and tiles.
Sheets and bedding get washed weekly.
It's hard work trying to be dust free

Reactions: Ricci
Sheets only weekly??? I guess I make more work for myself....every three days here (weather permitting of course).....I LOVE clean sheets and sleep so much better

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 6699

View attachment 6698

By the time she sorted out the list she would be too exhausted to do anything